You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

You read this section in Forges of Mars, and feel the righteous fury build up inside you:

"Thousands of boarding actions cycled through Dahan’s awareness, the particulars of each combat parsed and either discarded or added to the growing database of likely outcomes. He processed engagements large and small –mass assaults on capital ships, desperate counter-boardings of mid-displacement cruisers, grappling actions of burning gunboats. The free-associative portions of his inloaded combat-memes were replete with notable boarding actions that offered the closest correlations with the current action. Assault on the Circe by warriors alleged to be World Eaters. Capture of the Dovenius Spear by the Ultramarines First Company. Destruction of the Ophidium Gulf by the Dark Angels."

Now we know brothers. Now we know.

...you spend hours trying to track down a Black Templar Rhino conversion article in White Dwarf from the mid-00's.

Didn't find the WD article or issue number, but I did find the block of its creator: https://robhawkinshobby.blogspot.com/2012/12/space-marine-rhino.html

EDIT: I reached out to the models creator and here's what he had to say:

It’s in US WD #293. Storm of Chaos Archaon vs Valten (models not illustration) on the cover.

So I hopped online and ordered my own copy. 

I regret nothing.

Edited by Fulkes

Lesser men smoke lho-sticks, cigars, and pipes to calm down after strenuous activity.

You smoke the burning remains of an enemy of the Emperor, after strenuous activity, i.e., the battle that saw this enemy die, preferably by your hand.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Lesser men smoke lho-sticks, cigars, and pipes to calm down after strenuous activity.

You smoke the burning remains of an enemy of the Emperor, after strenuous activity, i.e., the battle that saw this enemy die, preferably by your hand.

"Real men smoke femurs" is not the take I was expecting....

you drink pitchers of dense motor oils and are a redemptor clad.

"Real men smoke femurs" is not the take I was expecting....
Bone marrow is more worthy of a Templar's lungs, than tobacco and other weeds. The burning should also help prevent Khorne from perverting the smoker via tainted blood.

Suck it, Angron! Even though the Templars reject Khorne's influence, we are still far more worthy in the eyes of the Ruinous Powers' false god of blood, than you'll ever be!

you drink pitchers of dense motor oils and are a redemptor clad.

Shouldn't this be an Iron Hands activity? Or do you expect Black Templars to drink motor oils and other toxins to test their fortitude, the way the Pain Glove tests them?

the oils it keeps them regular :p

...as you are still that hyped although you know everything which will be released before.

When you're glad for this Brother, the Brothers who will see the yet unrevealed stuff and yourself that there is even more to enjoy.

+ This is our time, this is our day! UNTO THE BREACH! +

+ FOR SIGISMUND, FOR DORN, FOR THE EMPEROR! +

...you spend time perfecting a "black steel" color for use on a full army of Templars you want to heavily weather like they're crusading for a long time. I think I found it.

ymnr4mK.png

Jk42lRp.png

The color shifts a fair bit depending on how the light hits it which is pretty cool too.

Now to listen to Baldemort's Black Templar videos again. That man understands ZEAL.

...you spend time perfecting a "black steel" color for use on a full army of Templars you want to heavily weather like they're crusading for a long time. I think I found it.

Jk42lRp.png

The color shifts a fair bit depending on how the light hits it which is pretty cool too.

Now to listen to Baldemort's Black Templar videos again. That man understands ZEAL.

metal basecoat + contrast paint?

Jk42lRp.png

metal basecoat + contrast paint?

Vallejo Metal Color Steel (it's a dark metal color somewhere close to Iron Hands or Iron Warriors) + 2 coats of Basilicanum Grey.

You know you are a Black Templar when you get into the game in the last year, decide to do Black Templars as a main army, see the GW didn't support them for nearly two decades, decide to play a faction with support, only to see that Black Templars support was finally on it's way, sell off your Dark Angels minis, and put everything into your brand spanking new Black Templars army. :biggrin.:

You know you are a Black Templar when you get into the game in the last year, decide to do Black Templars as a main army, see the GW didn't support them for nearly two decades, decide to play a faction with support, only to see that Black Templars support was finally on it's way, sell off your Dark Angels minis, and put everything into your brand spanking new Black Templars army. :biggrin.:

tbh

that sounds not like that^^

Vallejo Metal Color Steel (it's a dark metal color somewhere close to Iron Hands or Iron Warriors) + 2 coats of Basilicanum Grey.

I freaking love the Vallejo Airbrush Metal Colour series. I have a 32ml pot of Steel on my shelf. Painting with VAMC almost feels like cheating, they are that good :smile.:

I freaking love the Vallejo Airbrush Metal Colour series. I have a 32ml pot of Steel on my shelf. Painting with VAMC almost feels like cheating, they are that good :smile.:
It definitely goes on smoother than soft butter.

...when listening to this puts chest hair on your zeal: https://youtu.be/AtdkpeygnEg

Good link, but an incorrect one. This, in turn... Oof.

+ WHEN THE HOUR IS NIGH +

+ AND YOUR CHAPLAIN SAYS+

+ AMEN AND ATTACK! +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2bqSbbo1g

dCO5sta.jpg

Edited by Reclusiarch Krieg

tbh

that sounds not like that^^

You know, in hind sight, yeah, that was the dumbest thing I ever said and doesn't really prove my love for the Black Templars.

All I can say is I am phasing everything out to collect, assemble, paint, and play them, so there is that, but that doesn't provide much. :teehee: