You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you have money to buy a GK nemesis strike force and you end up buying the 25th year special edition EC several bits for another costum made EC and Castellan, and a few more Marines, scouts and a rhino for 3 crusader squads.

And I forgot to mention a 5 sword bros too.

Edited by Sete

You know you're a Black Templar when the only game you've used the Emperor's Champion in for the last month you: run him as the warlord, promptly roll Legendary Fighter (Didn't have to re-roll for battle forged), get into a challenge with the enemies captain, and kill him in the very first round with a to wound roll of 6 (Captain failed the save), while taking no wounds.

When running assault units against a balanced enemy list is the norm for you.

When the EC's bolt pistol hits with the fury of the chapter and snipes a marine from max range right before the charge.

When your Sword Brother leading the Crusader Squad claims the enemy company champion's head in glorious single combat despite having the disadvantage. (Accept any challenge, no matter the odds!)

When the Initiates remaining crush the filthy ultramarine psyker as attonement for the loss of their Sword Brother and present his head as a trophy to the EC. (Suffer not the Witch to live!)

When your last two games have involved Honor Guard, and both times the destructive power of their assault is what wins the game. (None Shall stay our wrath!)

When you haven't posted in over a month and the first topic you visit is this one.

Edited by Lysere

When your paint consists of 70% shades of black, 20% shades of White, 10% Gold red and other miscellaneous colors.

When your brother asks you why you bought more Marines when you could fill a hypothetical Battle Barge of Templars and your response is:

The Crusade is Eternal Brother. The Crusade is Eternal.

When you and a mate team up to take on Ultramarines and you have 1,250 points: (It was either team up with Ultramarines or Farsight, and the Ultramarine player was considering bringing a Psyker.)

You both agree that the BT need to bring a beat stick.

When said beat stick includes 6 assault terminators, a Shield Eternal Captain, Grimaldus, and a Servo-Harness Techmarine.

In order to move said beat stick you bring a Land Raider Crusader with a Land Raider Phobos to back it up. (Ultramarines had a Knight)

The LRC dies because the Phobos nuked the Knight for its final hull points and the explosion landed on the LRC.

When you only declare one charge all game and kill two units.

When you didn't control an objective at any point during the entire game and still won.

Forgot one:

When after declaring your list to the opponent your ally makes a comment along the lines of, "I figured you'd bring more than just the beat stick." and your response is to simply chuckle.

Edited by Lysere

Damn GW. Better days will come.

And also when you are thinking of using a Librarian on your Home made chapter and feel extra Heretic, having the urge to paint a sword brother and an Emperor champion...

(i need help)...

Edited by Sete

You know your a Blank Templar when you receive a sheet of forgewirld Blood Ravens decals and say "well maybe all their witches were killed at the end of the last game..." and decide to build an army that way.

Army builder has updated to provide templar with their own pseudo-codex on their list-building software.

Thats right, for 6th ed rules you hit "Codex: Black Templar" it gives you a list with only BT characters and the inability to take psykers, yet all the entries are from the newest codex!

So

You might be a Black Templar if your ZEAL is such you need a chapter specific entry in a list building program...

When you have a Templar themed army list template set up for those times when you write down lists. (Including well chosen fonts and Images to match the army scheme)

When you learn you must do an Interprative reading for a class and Helsreach is your first choice.

When this topic almost falls off the first page of new content so you fix that.

Keep the Zeal strong brothers!

Tell me there is a recording of that interpretive reading.

(Coming from an guardsman that thinks of becoming a Templar)

You know there aren't enough Templars at your gaming store when the guardsman starts defending them, shouting down their detractors with "No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear! Witch!"

Seriously, they're all using witches here and bashing on templars. I made my brother (SW player) promise no witches when we team up for this month's team tournament.

You know there aren't enough Templars at your gaming store when the guardsman starts defending them, shouting down their detractors with "No Pity, No Remorse, No Fear! Witch!"

Seriously, they're all using witches here and bashing on templars. I made my brother (SW player) promise no witches when we team up for this month's team tournament.

We like you, You can stay.

It hasn't happened yet, but if it goes through and it turns out well you can bet I'll have a recording of it.

Edit: Also thanks for adding your voice to the Templars. The guard fought well at Helsreach, you have every right to stand with us on this battle field.

It's funny that so many people turn to Witches thinking they will bring them victory, how wrong they often are. This is part of the reason my Templar's will sometimes ally with the Tau player. He plays Farsight and hates the witches as much as I do.

Edited by Lysere