You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you're flipping through the channel list on tv and notice a movie called "Ironclad", immediately think Dreadnought and arrow to it, see that its about 13th century templars defending a castle...

It was pretty good.

I actually really liked it. I thought the fights were cool and the actors did a good job portraying the characters even if the story was a stretch from a historical accuracy point of view. 

My favorite part: When he takes his giant sword out and is on the battlements and yells CLEAR! and then cleaves a guy almost in two and the other bad guys run away :lol:

...you might be a Black Templar if You Know No Fear, but hearing the Paddleium being activated gives you the willies. (:

It's only a shiver of pride, because you know for sure that a Reclusiam Brother is about to get +RIGHTEOUS+ in a moment.

I like it, you are either a witch lovin, xenos huggin, deamon suckin, chaos stinkin, traitorus whoreson OR you don't have to worry about the Templars getting all ZEALOUS on your ass!!!

I'm sorry. You know you're a Templar when no matter how pure someone is you still get all ZEALOUS on their ass.

Nah. You are a Templar when you recognize true purity. Even if, ESPECIALLY if you do it oh-so grudgingly. You will hate them for what they really are, even at the same time as you respect what they fight for.

+ Emperor-damn it, YES! I'm talking about you, you mutant heretic psyker witch GREY KNIGHT. Yes, you may pass. But remember, He was never a GOD, you utter filth! +

A bit off top from me, but this is what bothers me for a couple of days now:

... when you think that Calgar's honour guard would look awesome in black, stripped of their omega insignia :drool: (with the exception of the double gladius dork, he's beyond repair).

They're on my GW wishlist so I can do just that; add some tabards and repurpose them into chapter veterans (probably sternguard) and kitting their melee gubbins out to dedicated assault units with charging legs.  If you're modelled with a squatty leg pose, you get a gun. Don't wave it around like a ponce, actually look like you're going to stab someone with it please! 

... when you play in a 2 vs 2 against Daemons and Chaos Space Marines, and somehow your Templars are more resistant to psychic powers/daemonic storms than the Eldar Witches. (seriously they were getting hit by Warp Storms and Chaos Psychic Powers while all the nasty Witchfire Powers were being denied, and for Templar units are aparently immune to Warp Storms.)

... when you denied friendly Eldar psychic blessings (I don't care if it's friendly, Witch power is Witch Power :furious: )

... while there was a massive melee between Khorne Berzerkers, Tzeentch Horrors, a Farseer, some Warlocks, a Crusader Squad and an Emperor's Champion you managed to slay the Berzerker Champion in the challenge, and let the wounds spill to the Farseer because he's a Xenos witch. (and you ended up winning the Assault :p)

... when your 2 vs 2 became a 1 vs 1 vs 2 because you couldn't stomach allying with Eldar witches :p

... when after 5 difficult turns and a bucketload of casualties you manage to table the Chaos army and still kept on going for another 2 turns playing against the once 'friendly' Eldar army.

... when the Templars won because the Bolt Pistol from an Initiate can penetrate a Wraithknight's defense. (Eldar tabled! but I was nearly tabled too:tongue.: )

When your Terminator Chaplain, down to his last wound and his brothers blown to bits, tanks 98 wounds from an entire army's worth of Ork shooting (including Waaagh!-ing Dakkajets) on his 2+ armour save and keeps going to smash a Warboss to death before sitting down to have a breather.

When your Terminator Chaplain, down to his last wound and his brothers blown to bits, tanks 98 wounds from an entire army's worth of Ork shooting (including Waaagh!-ing Dakkajets) on his 2+ armour save and keeps going to smash a Warboss to death before sitting down to have a breather.

Most marines call that Hero mode, Templars call that a "warm-up."

!!!!!!!!98 wounds!!!!!! holy crap

The most Wounds I've ever tanked on 1 character was on the Emperors champion with the old 4th ed codex. I took 28 wounds from Demon witch fire, and then successfully denied the witch another unit of pink horrors and their herald. The Ec rolled 28 successful Armour saves walked away unscathed, he and his unit then charged both squads and massacred them.

Edited by Metic

That is incredible! Must have been Grimaldus in TDA :wink:

If it'd been Grimaldus he wouldn't have died (AKA sitting down to have a breather) in the process of taking the Warboss down.:laugh.:

I didn't have a single character tank that many wounds (I think my record in that regard sits at 40sih) but I had Grimaldus and his command squad (old codex) tank an entire tau armies worth of shooting mostly on FNP saves. One of the servitors tanked a mass of plasma and missile fire with nothing more than some old stones for cover and sheer willpower. The tau couldn't believe what happened.

I've also had two marines take 32 wounds in one round against DE and lose one of them, only to have the guy tank another 20 right afterwards, and then flame a helpless squad.

The best tanking I've ever had was on a squishy model... Land Speeder Typhoon on 1 HP tanked an entire Tau army's worth of fire only to Jink them all. And fired a Hallelujah Missile Salvo next turn and killed the Tau Commander... he really wanted to kill the Typhoon afterwards, but it survived another entire turn of Tau shooting which made him forget that I still had a LRC full of angry Marines.

The most I've tanked with a character is with the EC back in 5th ed. tanked 2 Dakkajets on their WAAAAGH! fire, a Battlecannon from a Battlewagon, shooting from half a squad of Ork shootas and some shots from Ork Lootas. He didn't even take a single Wound, charged the Battlewagon with a S6 AP3 sword, blew it up. And won the game with 1 VP for Linebreaker.

The good ol' days of S6 AP3 on Initiative... :D

And Vows... Rage hurt when at the hands of the Emperor's Champion :D