You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When you deploy a force with Land Raiders and they send enemy infantry and armor running in terror, cutting down all those who stand before them... and then the assault ramps drop.

You know you're a Templar when a single Sword Brother does more damage in a single turn than the enemy HQs do over the course of three, all in the assault phase, with AP 3 or worse weapons, while fighting in a challenge with a model in terminator armor.

When the assault ramp drops on the Land Raider and an entire enemy unit ceases to exist within the next few moments, and the squad responsible casually gets back into formation for the next round.

You know you're a Black Templar when you decide to "modify" every model in your army, by equipping it with a chainblade- yes, EVERY MODEL, including the tanks, the skimmers, the flyers... And then you write rules describing how your Whirlwind artillery tank can use the chainsword you attached to its sponson-mounted heavy bolters, in close combat- say goodbye to the ability to make Death or Glory attacks, you fools who fight against the Emperor and His champions.

Black Templars Techmarine: "Of course the Whirlwind needs sponson-mounted weapons, and bayonets mounted on those weapons! As a vehicle in the Black Templars' service, it is a de facto Battle-Brother, and no Black Templar is so cowardly as to keep himself beyond the enemy's reach- or to let an enemy remain beyond his arms' reach! Now help me mount a bayonet on the Vindicator's Demolisher cannon."

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Question for Acebaur: Aren't the DARK Angels the ones with Venerable Land Raiders?

Yeah, that's who That One Marshal was referring to when he said that us and DA Deathwing are now the only ones for OS LRCs

What breed of dog is the one named "Grimaldus"? A wolfhound, as appropriate for one who must shield his battle-brothers' faith from doubt and malign influences? A cute little Corgi, for irony?

I fail to see the irony-- Corgis are a shepherd breed known for aggressively keeping the flock in line; not unlike a chaplain keeping a close eye over the brethren under his vigil, "nipping at their heels" as it were to stave off any wavering diligence in duty.

Take a Helbrute, mix in a Relic Blade wielding Marshal, add a healthy dose of Zeal, and let it settle for a round. All that's left by the end is one very sad Helbrute.

Marshal charged the Helbrute with the aid of his Crusader squad, the squad in question didn't even get to swing. The Helbrute in question was unharmed at the start of the assault phase. Gotta love Relic Blades.

You know you're a Black Templar when you keep ensuring that models with our icons are not given improper painting and put into the ranks of the witch-loving traitors.

You know you're even more a Templar when you keep double-checking your roster to ensure you have room for another 5-brother Crusader squad upon rescuing these models with our icons all over them and you've already painted them properly to join the Crusade.

When two Land Raider Crusaders do more damage in a single shooting phase than your space wolf allies.

When the Demon player starts to move his teams DP into assault and I stop him saying "I haven't rolled overwatch yet, can't move him."

He says there's no way I could kill it, whereupon I immediately rolled four wounds on the DP who had three left and had only a 6+ invuln due to the warp storm table. He was left with one wound. This was with bolters I might add.

When your Rhino rams an immobilized Helbrute because it had nothing better to do.

When your objective secured LRC is the reason you manage to claim an objective despite the demons that are trying to keep you off of it.

Edit:

Most players say, "There's no way you could do it."

A Templar player says, "Challenge Accepted."

Edited by Lysere

Emperor's Champion got into a fight that took several turns. The last few rounds consisted of him against some tactical terminators. They started with four, they ended with one. The EC killed one each turn except the last one where he finally died. This was after he helped kill a tactical squad, the captain, and the terminator sergeant. Faith really was his shield.

When your damaged dreadnought walks through melta fire just so it can fist bump the enemy dread, they both exploded.

When the phrase, "I issue a challenge," is your favorite phrase in the game, regardless of who it is that says it.

When you're know for your burning zeal on other boards so well that when the pictures from the new IF Templar hit, people react with "*_* this makes me want to don some chains, and get with Kastor into a Rhino mk 36" or "We're all Kastors on this day".

:biggrin.:

When you're know for your burning zeal on other boards so well that when the pictures from the new IF Templar hit, people react with "*_* this makes me want to don some chains, and get with Kastor into a Rhino mk 36" or "We're all Kastors on this day".

:biggrin.:

Rhino of Zeal! Those are some beautiful minis for sure though.

When you have found twenty years worth of purchases tucked away in storage..find a local game shop who will give you decent credit for the stuff you will likely never assemble.

Then take all that credit and do nothing with it as you wait for the moment new Templar bits appear...deeming all else less worthy of precious credits.

Knowing my luck the store will go out of business before I can cash the credits in..and that's okay.

P.S. - I found four more tubs of stuff to trade in and will see what the shop has for us this week.

When you play another wargame (Bolt Action, partisans) and your idea of fun is "put a two-man flamethrower squad in a VW Beetle, drive forward" or "outflank a truck full of two squads of Tank Hunter infantry", dismount, shoot stuff and charge a tank on next turn.

When said 'werfer squad is zealous enough to pass a "Leadership 3" test (yes, 3 or less on 2D6!).

When the two separate Tank Hunters squads kill a Tiger and a Hanomag, because eff you, that's why.

When you roll for a snap firing twin-linked assault cannon with your Templar dice and there were no misses... and I didn't even have to re-roll.

When you declare that you will assault a squad of tactical terminators with a crusader squad after you drop your marshals orbital strike on them. It doesn't scatter.

When two models making power axe swings have a combined total of 7 attacks, and do almost as much damage to the terminators as they did to the rest of the squad.