You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

...you see this and feel a sense of pride that the Eternal Crusade continues...

Game Three: Orks vs Black Templar

The Templar player deserved the win. He was a phenomenal player and I learned a ton playing against him. His army was amazingly painted too. He fielded two 5 man tactical squads, two rhinos, some kind of flamer dreadnaught, a Drop Pod, two Lascannon Predators, a Land Raider, crusader squad with some gnarly chaplain as Warlord, and a Forgeworld Fire Raptor Gunship.

At the start I was sure I had him. He had very limited firepower and I had a lot of Boyz. I also masterminded all the objectives being in the middle of one side of the board with the intent of placing my Green Tide right on top of all of them.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CJYdeqZL-5g/VQ99JkpGMfI/AAAAAAAAAG0/4DZ5QHKCFLo/s1600/IMG_0709.JPGI took first turn and started out by running my Boyz and Bikes straight towards him. This was actually a bit of a mistake. I am not used to players playing aggressively back at me. He charged the bikes with his Crusader Squad and Chaplain. After about 3 turns of combat, and zero failed invulnerable saves on his Chaplain during challenges, he swept the bikes. He then took the Dreadnaught through the middle building towards my Boyz. The Crusader Squad jumped back into the Land Raider and eventually died to the Tide.

Meanwhile, the Boyz and Deffkoptas ran up the fielded, gradually getting blown away while killing Tactical Squads, Rhinos, the Land Raider, and anything else they could reach. I was forced to spend time killing the Tacticals and Rhinos because they all had objective secured. I couldn't let him keep getting points with them.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dp2BqhludqA/VQ99JQK56qI/AAAAAAAAAGs/3eBxmQhNTS0/s1600/IMG_0706.JPG

By the end my turn 5 I gained 6 VP for a total of 19. I was well a head and thought I had it. With his last turn, my opponent tank shocked the Green Tide into a mass that was easily roasted by the Dreadnaught. The rest of what was left of his army opened up until all that was left standing was my Warboss Warlord. His last Predator opened up with all its lascannons. My Warboss died from a lascanon to the face. This gave him an auto 11 VP and a commanding lead. Game over and well played Templar.

From this blog: http://battlebrotherswh40k.blogspot.com/2015/03/ork-tournament-results.html

HAHAHA HEY THATS ME!!!!!

you know you're a Black Templar when your crusade dies down to 1 Crusader(not including vehicles) against a Black Tide but you emerge Victorious!

Edited by Metic

No pride.  Tactical squads.  Not a Templar.

:tongue.:

Says the guy who hates neophytes :wink:

Nothing wrong with Tactical squads. 

Except for the lack of swords and pistols?  yeah.  Totally nothing wrong with that. :dry.:

And you know you're a true Templar when you hate your Neophytes.  If you like them, you'll be too soft to throw them in front of incoming fire. :laugh.:

Swiss Army chainswords and bolt pistol?

http://s16.postimg.org/52ued8fcl/40_K_Swiss_Army_Knife.jpg

EDIT: I almost forgot to make it Chapter specific:

http://s16.postimg.org/9a27p9xv9/Black_Templar_Swiss_Army_Knife.jpg

Edited by FashaTheDog

Except for the lack of swords and pistols?  yeah.  Totally nothing wrong with that. :dry.:

And you know you're a true Templar when you hate your Neophytes.  If you like them, you'll be too soft to throw them in front of incoming fire. :laugh.:

The best place for the meatshields, I mean Neophytes is in front. It seems similar to the same logic as the Commissars in the guard. The only thing scarier than the wall of death advancing on you, is the line of Black armored Initiates standing behind you. At least against the enemy the Neophyte might survive.

The best place for the meatshields, I mean Neophytes is in front. It seems similar to the same logic as the Commissars in the guard. The only thing scarier than the wall of death advancing on you, is the line of Black armored Initiates standing behind you. At least against the enemy the Neophyte might survive.

Neophytes Know no Fear too... Guardsmen... know a lot of fear though... :p

Neophytes Know no Fear too... Guardsmen... know a lot of fear though... :tongue.:

Mostly fear of angry Commissars, and more so, angry allied Templars.

Neophytes Know no Fear too... Guardsmen... know a lot of fear though... :tongue.:

Mostly fear of angry Commissars, and more so, angry allied Templars.

An unlike Guard who fear their own superiors and Marines who just get confused at the notion of fear ("Brother, what is fear?" "I think it is one of those Italian hazelnut chocolates, you know the round ones in the gold wrappers, Fear Rocher or something like that.") you also have Kriegers who "frankly Imperator, just don't give a damn."  Ask a Krieger about fear or try to incite it in them, they'll just stare at you blankly.  Ask them to smile, have a good time, make small talk, same response.  Order them to charge that Bloodthrister over there and they'll say "yes sir" and race you there. :tongue.:

When you play a 2v2 with Harlequin allies against space wolves and necrons.

You only attack the Necrons.

You make the Harlequin player assault the Necron squad with an AP2 flamer first even though you'll take less overwatch due to line of sight.

When you table the enemy force, you immediately attack and finish off the filthy xeno witches with no room for debate on who gets to act first at the end. You wipe out the survivors in a single go.

When you switch games to Bolt Action for a bit, and what you start playing is an army (French Partisans) that does not observe terrain slowdown during the first round of the game (so all of it just runs towards the enemy positions most of the time), has a rapid deployment flamer unit (two dudes with Molotovs in a stolen VW Bug staff car) and due to lack of heavy AT deals with enemy tanks by charging a 20-strong unit of infantry into them, with AT nades and sticky bombs.

When your opponent, after seeing the above on the table, says astounded "Dude, you're basically still play Templars, aren't you?" and you reply "Hey, Charlemagne WAS The Emperor! +PURGE THE HERETIC!+ *whooooosh of fire*" :D

You know you're all Black Templars when you've managed to maintain a steady supply of new recruits and keep this thread going for over four years! :laugh.:  

When I was last here, there was a whole spate of these threads across the various sub-forums, and yours is the only one that's still going. Even the Space Wolves haven't kept theirs going, and the Ultramarines sub-forum seems have had time to start another one and have that die too. It seems that zeal and ingenuity really are boundless. :biggrin.:

You know you're a Black Templar when your favourite bus stop in London is the one on Old Kent Road which, rather than being allocated a single letter (A,B,C etc depending on how many stops are in the near vicinity), is - against all logic - labelled 'BT.'

Our Crusade is great, and our influence extends even to the heart of the Ordo Transporticus for Londinium!

When you finally figure out the legion for horus heresy and the legion you chose strongly dislikes psykers and look down on worship. Though that's where the similarities end. They are traitors. You will all be happy to know that imperial fists came in a close second, you can guess the legion I chose. Winner gets a spot as a "guest" in my legion.

Brothers unfornutaly I have been stolen over to the horus heresy for this ETL. Glory to the crusade!

Death guard, surely? Only legion not using psykers at the time? Although I don't know their position on worship - my HH knowledge is very limited!

You know you're a black templar when you don't know heresy, only hate!

You know you are a Templar when you're at the reenternment for Richard III and you are picturing the entire church are Eccleasicy officials, Chapter serfs, and power armoured Brothers laying a Marshal to rest.

Additionally, when you see the punishment the King took before falling and think that man had the toughness of an Astartes.

You know you are a Templar when you're at the reenternment for Richard III and you are picturing the entire church are Eccleasicy officials, Chapter serfs, and power armoured Brothers laying a Marshal to rest.

Additionally, when you see the punishment the King took before falling and think that man had the toughness of an Astartes.

Oh come on it isn't that painful being hit by a crossbow from a child. Did it last tuesday :biggrin.: . Didn't the king reward him or something before he died?

Oh come on it isn't that painful being hit by a crossbow from a child. Did it last tuesday :biggrin.: . Didn't the king reward him or something before he died?

That was Richard the Lionheart. Richard the III died at the Battle of Bosworth they only found his body a few years ago. No according to forensics he was hit by at least one arrow deep enough to graze bone, stabbed in the head through his helmet, before having a good five inch portion of the back of his skull hacked away.

Oh come on it isn't that painful being hit by a crossbow from a child. Did it last tuesday :biggrin.: . Didn't the king reward him or something before he died?

That was Richard the Lionheart. Richard the III died at the Battle of Bosworth they only found his body a few years ago. No according to forensics he was hit by at least one arrow deep enough to graze bone, stabbed in the head through his helmet, before having a good five inch portion of the back of his skull hacked away.

Ouch that is some astartes toughness there. Whoops about Richard goes to show how much I know about medieval history:). Richard took some punishment reminds of the stories of how Rasputin died.

:  ThatOneMarshal, 

Brothers unfornutaly I have been stolen over to the horus heresy for this ETL. Glory to the crusade! 

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Acebaur/281231-Heresy%20Stamp_zpsbsao6qyk.png

You know that's a paddlin' 

Edited by Acebaur

Oh come on it isn't that painful being hit by a crossbow from a child. Did it last tuesday :biggrin.: . Didn't the king reward him or something before he died?

Ouch that is some astartes toughness there. Whoops about Richard goes to show how much I know about medieval history:). Richard took some punishment reminds of the stories of how Rasputin died.

You were only a few hundred years off brother in Medieval time thats barely anything. Yep all that with fairly severe scolosis he's been in the news a lot recently you could probably hunt down the details if you wished. Oh yeah Rasputin took some punishment but he wasn't fit to wear the Black.