You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

You know you're a Black Templar when you keep running out of black paint!

And the first thing you do upon reinstalling dawn of war 2 is change the marine color scheme to BT.

But then you see the devs of ELITE mod has made a custom BT skin and the crusading really starts.

Yup I saw the same thing for the elite mod, personally I've been using the dawn of war 1 mods more, if you have it check out firestorm over karuva. It's got a black templars faction not just a skin.

And the first thing you do upon reinstalling dawn of war 2 is change the marine color scheme to BT.

But then you see the devs of ELITE mod has made a custom BT skin and the crusading really starts.

Yup I saw the same thing for the elite mod, personally I've been using the dawn of war 1 mods more, if you have it check out firestorm over karuva. It's got a black templars faction not just a skin.

Get the actual BT mod... the Thunderhawk Assault on them is awesome :D

Get the actual BT mod... the Thunderhawk Assault on them is awesome :biggrin.:

You mean firestorm right? Otherwise, is there another BT mod I have not heard of yet, because if thats the case I MUST play it.

When you buy Chivalry Medieval Warfare just so you can put some templar crosses on your knight and start choping limbs off

I prefer the Vanguard with a Greatsword.

Me too - Zweihander, baby!

For Agatha! Emperor!

Get the actual BT mod... the Thunderhawk Assault on them is awesome :biggrin.:

You mean firestorm right? Otherwise, is there another BT mod I have not heard of yet, because if thats the case I MUST play it.

There's an actual BT mod outside of FoK where it just adds Black Templars to the game. And they come with Voice Packs, a full legit Terminator Castellan and a Deep Strike attack called Thunderhawk Assault. (in which a Thunderhawk flies in all Barrels blazing, then it lands opening its Assault Ramps and your units come out.)

You know you are a black templar when...

-You accidentally killed 5 dreads in CC with your emperors champion in one game

-You killed more enemy rhino's in CC then with guns

-You prefer killing tanks with power fists and melta bombs

-when you bought a librarian model just to use him as a dead guy on your EC's base

When you've just bought an ASG bolter (Specna Arms SA-B03, basically your Mk18 pattern) and as you're considering camo painting it, your main concern is "which Templar logo I put on the magwell?", "or maybe should I use the Declates Crusade Banner?" and as for the fire selector SAFE/SEMI/AUTO you're considering either using "INNOCENT / HERETIC / WITCH!" or "NO PITY / NO REMORSE / NO FEAR".

When you've just bought an ASG bolter (Specna Arms SA-B03, basically your Mk18 pattern) and as you're considering camo painting it, your main concern is "which Templar logo I put on the magwell?", "or maybe should I use the Declates Crusade Banner?" and as for the fire selector SAFE/SEMI/AUTO you're considering either using "INNOCENT / HERETIC / WITCH!" or "NO PITY / NO REMORSE / NO FEAR".

But where do Xenos fit in on the fire selector? :) 

But where do Xenos fit in on the fire selector? :smile.:

I still have a free sword hand, don't I? :ph34r.:

when you find out that one of your training exercises for next year has been renamed from broadsword to templars triumph, and your first thought is "I have to ace that" :p

You know your a black templar when you learn that after a returning from a 7 month break that you are not the only templar in your gaming group and you celebrate by calling a crusade. Funny enough there's a neophyte (just had his first game yesterday I think) an initiate (me) and a sword brother ( hi john!).

When you play decurion necrons and he complains that your stuff won't die. Thanks grimaldus with FNP!

When the best assault unit in the game ( canoptek harvest wraiths) charge you and all they manage to do is kill one neophyte.

When grimaldus tanks shooting from two 20 man warrior squads loses 2 wounds and then makes his IWND roll.

When you finish building your third Land Raider Crusader.

When you begin making plans to buy a large army case to hold nothing but your Land Raiders.

When you original SM army project was so difficult to paint you decided that painting them all black was easier.

This is funnily enough why I started painting marines black before I really knew what the Templars were. My original idea was white armor, then I realized how much of a pain it was to paint free hand onto. So I switched to black, did a crusade theme for a bit, then saw Codex Black Templar. My marines were never the same again.

When you go to one of the 2 stores with 40k tables, intent on gathering specific kits for a project, and see 2 of the 3 games going having our brothers handily winning (including one where a Crusader squad was attempting to kill a WraithKnight with just pistols and bolters).  My only comment to that was, "Wish my Templars were in the car, so we could have another table of ZEAL!"

When you decide to make your own opening for Soulstorm...

and 80% of it is all Templars...

I'd show you guys but copyright reasons so... the mod is only private :p

...when you decide to make your own mod for Soulstorm for Black Templars...

with combined elements from both 4th ed. Codex, 7th ed. Codex and a Warlord Titan for kicks and giggles :D