You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

I'm confused, how can one be 'over' zealous?

Is this like the word overkill I keep hearing?

Well the drop pod was supposed to land next to a squad of striking scorpions to flame them off the table, but the dreadnought realized Eldrad was on the table before I did and scattered 8 inches to land next to the guardian squad he was attached to. Needless to say Eldrad did not last very long.

When you roll the warlord trait Abhor the Witch and your Thunder Hammer, Shield Eternal, TDA Marshal takes that as a personal challenge to solo kill a Tzeentch DP. He took one wound.

Thunder Hammers... for when Abhoring the witch just isn't good enough.

Edited by Lysere

When you are at Gencon wearing your Black Templars shirt, play a special scenario in Infinity, still pick a knight as your character, and charge the giant robot thing your team is supposed to destroy. The organizer says you know it's giant legs are going to try to stomp you? You announce that you don't care cause you have ARM 5 and charge anyway. And then proceed to destroy one of its legs and nearly the other before it falls on you and you still only take 1 wound :lol:

When you play as Templar in videogames whenever that's an option*, and swear by the Black Templar's ways. Kill all witches, use swords, one-or two-handed, and always charge headlong into battle, regardless of your odds. Also you paint your armor in a particularly striking black color. Preferably with white pauldrons. :devil:

*Currently ESO:TU for those who are interested in such things. 

When you are playing against Space Wolves and both of you have 15 man units looking at one another. You say you are honorbound not to shoot them and then charge, but go straight to charge. Challenge the Chaplin with your Champion, not your Power Sword swinging Sword Brother.

When you are playing against Space Wolves and both of you have 15 man units looking at one another. You say you are honorbound not to shoot them and then charge, but go straight to charge. Challenge the Chaplin with your Champion, not your Power Sword swinging Sword Brother.

Space Wolves don't have Chaplains!

You are playing someone with a list you made in advance. After they finish their list they say, "Man if you brought any Land Raiders I could be in trouble." All you do in response is laugh. (I had the formation)

When you run a pure assault list, end up with the best objectives (scouring) on your side of the table, and calmly and willingly abandon them to charge headlong into the Tau lines.

When you don't have any good weapons to fire at a Riptide so you tank shock it, and it runs off the table.

When you win the game by using a Land Raider Crusader to tank shock an enemy Crisis suit squad with marker drones and attached commander in such a way that all of the actual guns are on one side and the drones are on the other, allowing your last three Vanguard to charge in safely, win, and sweeping advance the enemy warlord and several suits.

When youve essentially lost the game vs a Tau player and you take your last turn to charge the emperors champion into his remaining Riptide and slaughter it in close combat just because. 

( We got out pound of flesh from the filthy xenos tho  which is nice ) 

When your space wolf opponent yells "By the Armor of Russ he shall not fall!" And you proceed to chant Accept and Challenge no matter the odds word for word in slow gorgian chant.

When you melt your failed dice in front of others and make purity seals out of them for pinnence fornsich horrible dice rolls.

When you raid everyone you know bits boxes and still have to spend an addition £25 on ebay just on purity seals so your force can have the required amount of zeal it deserves.

When playing a 3 way game and honour demands you charge your Marshal with Eternal Shield and Thunder Hammer into a combat between a Wraith Knight and Chaos Imperial Knight, take the Imperial Knights last 2 hull points and laugh as the Explosion kills the wraith knight whilst you tank the wounds on your shield.

When you decide to go to a local tournament that has tyranid hierophants and the eldar ultimate cheese list of doom with your standard 2 LRC list and you manage to actually win a game.

When during said tournament you play against the local Tau player who is THE :cuss at your gaming store (he complains, insults, and cries all the time, man baby) and he calls your LRC overpowered… I stopped for a second and started to laugh as hard as I could.

When you make it your goal to table said man baby, ignoring the objective because the tau player had really pissed me off and I wanted to see him cry from getting tabled like a true black templar. Though looking back at it this was a dirtbag move thinking about it now. I almost succeeded.

When in the last 4 games not a single psychic power has been successfully cast by your enemy, either perils it, I deny it, or hilariously both.

Whenever your trying to start a new army you never succeed because there's always something that brings you back to templars. I've tried to (re)start: blood angels (2 times), imperial guard (4 times), tau, CSM, salamanders, space wolves, orks, and horus heresy ( in fact made me not compete my vow). Hopefully it will work out to start Skitarii. Though probably not :D.

Well the drop pod was supposed to land next to a squad of striking scorpions to flame them off the table, but the dreadnought realized Eldrad was on the table before I did and scattered 8 inches to land next to the guardian squad he was attached to. Needless to say Eldrad did not last very long.

Did Eldrad's bodyguards kill your Dreadnought to avenge their charge, and grant the entombed Templar the eternal rest he deserved? Or did they flee upon seeing their leader's horrific death, and leave your Dreadnought shouting abuse at the cowardly Eldar for denying him a chance to truly die?

Did Eldrad's bodyguards kill your Dreadnought to avenge their charge, and grant the entombed Templar the eternal rest he deserved? Or did they flee upon seeing their leader's horrific death, and leave your Dreadnought shouting abuse at the cowardly Eldar for denying him a chance to truly die?

No, most of the eldar were unable to hurt it. The Avatar of Khaine had to deal with it. Either way it was too late for Eldrad.

When asked for an Imperial Knight Match up ( since you own six of em )  and you  bring 3 of them and a Land Raider Crusader full of  an Emperors Champion an a  Crusader Squad   TECHNICALLY THEY ARE KNIGHTS  you shout  KNIGHTS OF DORN 

Edited by Bladewolf

When all you during the 7th ed heretic/witch phase is roll 'deny the witch'. 

When your opponent hates rolling high for psychic dice in his psychic phase because it means you can deny more of his stuff.

When you turn up for a pick-up game with all your armour, and the enemy are basically all terminators/infantry/speeders. The staff makes a crack about it being unfair on your opponents (1vs2). I suggest they use the store baneblade to even it out. They agree and start to remove models, to which you say, "no I meant just add it to your lists." They look confused and say "that'll be pretty tough, it's 500+pts."

"Challenge accepted."

When your landraiders rush flat-out straight at a baneblade tank because Zeal.

When they then tank the apocalyptic blast from the main cannon and only suffer a glance each.

When your ironclad named Honoured Brother Ludovic says 'nope, s'mine' and drop pods in front of it turn one then shrugs off all incoming fire before he charges the vehicle next turn, causing no less than SEVEN HULLPOINTS on the charge and exploding the vehicle, before causing the ultimate cataclysmic apocalyptic size explosion, which scatters almost on top of him, WHICH HE THEN TANKS LIKE A BAWSS suffering only a single glancing hit...

SCORING FIRST BLOOD.

BOOM.

That's how a Templar Knight fights a Baneblade Superheavy.

When Grimaldus (warlord) challenges the skirt-wearing Interrogator Chaplain (warlord) and proceeds to bash his head in in a single round of combat before taunting "call yourself a Zealot?"

When your EC and 5 honourguard climb from their wrecked landraider, surrounded by terminators and assault marines. Your opponent is grinning, and suggests that it's about to be a bloodbath. You respond with "yup, and heretic blood takes so long to clean out of my tabard" before launching a multi-charge that wipes out both units, with your EC claiming the head of the terminator sergeant.

When said EC leaves his squad to solo charge Pedro Kantor and take his head, because "he deserves an honourable death."

When you lose a single neophyte to overwatch and say only "good work, Brother Meatshield."

When you repeatedly have such a tremendous pile of zealous Templar dice to throw in each combat, that you don't even count the total, just 'batches' and physically cannot pick them up at the same time, even with two hands.

Edited by Marshal Mattias

When your ironclad named Honoured Brother Ludovic says 'nope, s'mine' and drop pods in front of it turn one then shrugs off all incoming fire before he charges the vehicle next turn, causing no less than SEVEN HULLPOINTS on the charge and exploding the vehicle, before causing the ultimate cataclysmic apocalyptic size explosion, which scatters almost on top of him, WHICH HE THEN TANKS LIKE A BAWSS suffering only a single glancing hit...

SCORING FIRST BLOOD.

That just made my day.

The whole report was ZEAL, but in particular, that was just an amazing moment in Templar history.