You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

Which is also why it matters. My wallet is already screaming for mercy and my wife is certain I won't be buying other pieces for the next couple years.

To keep this somewhat topical:

...when the enemy charges your units and superior overwatch leaves them destroyed. You simply comment that, "Clearly they were unworthy foes to begin with."

Edited by librisrouge

When: your buddy at the next table needs to make a 12" charge to get his dreadnought talon into combat and tie the game, so turns to you and jokingly asks you to kiss the dice for luck. Instead, you bless the dice in the name of the Emperor and command them to uphold his honour. He rolls a 12.

When your Emperor's Champion kills a Wolf Lord, a Terminator Sergeant with Storm Shield, and a Wolf Priest(Chaplin) all in combat. Killed all with one blow to. My Champion killed the Chaplin simo killed my Champion. The Wolf Lord also was the only one to actually win a combat with my Champion. Now it is 1-1.

You know you're a Templar when...

You finally start getting into the 7th edition Space Marine book and realize you can't use Crusader Squads and are forced to use 'tacticals' in the Gladius Strike Force. I read that and thought "What am I supposed to do, hit them with my bolters?"  :dry.:

I'm new and am going to start Templars finally (haven't looked at them since their holy tome of a codex) and have about 40~ unassembled marines and grey knights about to be converted. :biggrin.:

When you get your tax refund you vow that you won't buy new Templar models... because you still have about 18 vehicles and 100 Infantry to induct in your glorious Crusade.

When you get your tax refund, and decide that 25% will go into buying terrain... for an Armies on Parade entry featuring the Black Templars

When your Champion faces off against a Librarian Warlord and hits four times, and rolls three 6s and a two to wound. His Sotrm Shield could only handle so much, but alas, he failed the final blow and the two went into the squad, killing one of his sternguard.

When Grimaldus sees the deathcompany dreadnought, imbued with foul warp-quickening, charging towards his crusader squad and simply says "nope" and blows it away with his plasma pistol on overwatch

When you play a large narrative Game with 2k points of wolves and 2k points of Templars  and have to keep  a tally of enemies killed by your wolf lord and your marshal for the sake of the sagas!

A little friendly competition is cool :P I'm imaging your Marshal takes out some massive monstrous creature, and the wolflord turns to him and says "that still only counts as one!"

When Dante himself charges into an ongoing combat, intervening in the challenge between Grim and a witch, with the claim 'at least I can take the chaplain's head before I concede.' Grimaldus tanks 5 wounds on his recently-rediscovered-rosarius, and says 'what else you got?'

The enemy concedes.

Grimaldus lost that Rosarius 2 decades ago, this wasn't the power field from a Terran relic... this is just his hate, fury and ZEAL tanking those wounds...