You know you're a Black Templar when....

Th!rdeye

When your Thunderfire cannon gunner gets charged by a mob of Orks, flames the first one in range then proceeds to laugh off every single hit just so he can go fist to claw against a Nob? <big Ork with claw, I don't bother to learn the filthy Xenos> which he tears apart sending the mob running... Then Zealously wipes the rest of them out with massed turret fire to their backs the next turn. :D It was a bad night to be an Ork...

When you're playing a board game in which templar armour is an option and you solely use this armour with chainsaws (the only melee option) to win the game!

Edited by NoPityNoRemorseNoFear

When you're being send this youtube video comparison of the size of various sci-fi spaceships and note that the largest one reported for the 40k universe (and one of the largest ones excluding space stations) is this bad boy :

http://reho.st/self/74d335f4d734e104625144bc49b28869808c575e.jpg

5 years...man, I really am one of this sub's old farts. :mellow.:

I feel you  

"Who are all these kids?

We got reinforced, most of them are fresh out of boot Chapter Keep

"We're the old men now Ace Firepower. "

:laugh.:

Edited by Acebaur

5 years is quite a long time, this thread has seen 3 codexes and lots of rage.

When you announce to your group that your starting the Heresy and literally everyone is expecting you to pick up Imperial Fists and use Templar Brethern. It's been 3 months straight and they are relentless with wanting me to play Imperial Fists. I even have the urge to pick up Fists too :laugh.:. 

You know your a Black Templar when you play a game against a nurgle semi-Flying circuse and your opponent sees that you've brought only Land Raiders to the fight saying that those are junk in this edition. It turns out that none of those MC's he had were packing any anti-armor :tongue.: . 

Edited by ThatOneMarshal

5 years...man, I really am one of this sub's old farts. :mellow.:

I feel you  

"Who are all these kids?

We got reinforced, most of them are fresh out of boot Chapter Keep

"We're the old men now Ace Firepower. "

:laugh.:

Wow.  Starship Troopers?  Really?  You actually knew a Starship Troopers quote off the top of your head?

YKYBT when you can quote any movie that involves purging unclean xenos filth...I guess.

When your opponent tells you that you need 4 sixes to prevent his Librarius Conclave from casting prescience on his 35 man IG squad...

...and then you DENY WITH WITCH!

http://s30.postimg.org/qyy5b0ga9/IMG_0582.jpg

Edited by T-Rock

When your opponent tells you that you need 4 sixes to prevent his Librarius Conclave from casting prescience on his 35 man IG squad...

...and then you DENY WITH WITCH!

http://s30.postimg.org/qyy5b0ga9/IMG_0582.jpg

Denying stuff like that is always fun. I did it on three not long ago. The guy wasn't very surprised.

You know you are a Templar when "Deny the Witch" is simply standard operating procedure.

http://i.imgur.com/PHhelsi.jpg

When you make 11 invul saves on your Marshal against a blind fury chaos lord on a jugger. Then smash the heresy out of him with a Thunderhammer with the swordmaster warlord trait from the white dwarf that gives you +1 ws and attack.

Edited by Metic

Why wouldn't I know Starship Troopers quotes? That movie is awesome! :smile.:

Comparing Paul Verhoeven's movie to Robert A. Heinlein's original novel, is like comparing a 6-year-old kid in a "Knight in Shining Armor" Halloween costume to an actual Black Templar. One of them (the original novel) IS awesome; the other (the movie) is a mere "poser."

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

This is the reason I hunted for a BFG Battle Barge... to modify it to become the Eternal Crusader

I keep thinking the Eternal Crusader should be a modified Ramilies class star fort, with a battleship's drive section attached to one end.

Hey, the Black Templars need all the firepower they can get to finish a crusade ASAP, so they can get on with the next one. There's no shortage of things to kill when you pledge yourself to an eternal crusade, as did those who bore the gene-seed before you, and Sigismund himself.

When your ride has the same motif as you...

This isn't really me, but I went to a castle, with a combat arena... and he was the Champion...

When you keep trying to think of ways to get your EC into a challenge with a knight, and winning it.

So far my only solution is Helbrecht backing up the EC for furious charge.