IA: Blood Dragons

Blackrat

Sanguinius. Blood Dragons seem to suffer very slightly less from the Black Rage than other descendants of the geneseed. The difference is so small that it could be just a statistical quirk, but the chapter itself believes it to be due to their superior discipline.

NO. simply NO. You want the BA lineage and the colors, the culture, the name, but not what defines BA and their successors. If you dont want the Black Rage, make them Ultramarines or anything else. If your a BA successor, you suffer from the Black Rage. PERIOD. SIMPLE. This is my biggest pet peeve is people who claim blood angels geneseed and then make this silly "quirk" that there marines dont suffer from the rage. so basically all they are is ultramarines that like red armor. then make them ultramarines.

Even the Lamentors are now suffering from the Black Rage in such serious numbers suddenly, that they had to form a Death Company. NO CHAPTER OF SANGUINIUS escapes the Black Rage. It is a genetic flaw, and all astartes carrying his blood are prone to it.

If i sound a bit harsh, forgive me. But this just drives me absolutely 100% up the wall.

The early years of the chapter was spent purging Thera of the Orks and consolidating their presence among the Thuleans. From there on they have been an invaluable part of virtually every nearby large scale campaign. With nearly 8 millenia of experience, the Blood Dragons have fought against innumerable foes but their main adversary has always been the Orks who constantly besiege the Subsector Arcadia.

Wouldn't cleansing the Orks make the recruits less tough and dangerous?

After so many millenia, the Imperial Creed, Blood Angel heritage, Theran Honour Code and Thulean Fire Cults have intervowen to form the basis of Blood Dragons' Chapter Cult. The Brothers and serfs all follow a vow of silence when in the most revered parts of the Fortress Monastery. This has also given them an unnerving habit of fighting in total silence, with commands issued by hand signals as far as possible.

More details on the last two would seem appropriate.

This is pretty good, actually. There's not that much, though. I'm not sure what you should add, though.

So, well done. I hope you can figure out how to expand it effectively. :)

Khalil:

If i sound a bit harsh, forgive me. But this just drives me absolutely 100% up the wall.

He points out that the difference is minimal in the IA itself. It's not much of an improvement, and their attitude toward it is interesting. Hardly that bad.

Edited by Octavulg

Sanguinius. Blood Dragons seem to suffer very slightly less from the Black Rage than other descendants of the geneseed. The difference is so small that it could be just a statistical quirk, but the chapter itself believes it to be due to their superior discipline.

NO. simply NO. You want the BA lineage and the colors, the culture, the name, but not what defines BA and their successors. If you dont want the Black Rage, make them Ultramarines or anything else. If your a BA successor, you suffer from the Black Rage. PERIOD. SIMPLE. This is my biggest pet peeve is people who claim blood angels geneseed and then make this silly "quirk" that there marines dont suffer from the rage. so basically all they are is ultramarines that like red armor. then make them ultramarines.

Even the Lamentors are now suffering from the Black Rage in such serious numbers suddenly, that they had to form a Death Company. NO CHAPTER OF SANGUINIUS escapes the Black Rage. It is a genetic flaw, and all astartes carrying his blood are prone to it.

Eh, I don't think you read the sentence to the end. As I said, the difference is small enough to be counted as statistical quirk by everyone else, it's just that the chapter themselves believe it to be due to their "superior discipline". They haven't escaped the curse, they have Death Company, they send their fully succumbed to die in the wastelands, their statistical quirk just makes them believe they are "better than others"... Which is actually their biggest failing.

The early years of the chapter was spent purging Thera of the Orks and consolidating their presence among the Thuleans. From there on they have been an invaluable part of virtually every nearby large scale campaign. With nearly 8 millenia of experience, the Blood Dragons have fought against innumerable foes but their main adversary has always been the Orks who constantly besiege the Subsector Arcadia.

Wouldn't cleansing the Orks make the recruits less tough and dangerous?

Yeah, I seem to have forgotten a crucial bit of information... Both Therans and Thuleans are toughest SOB's around not because of the orks, but because of the natural beasts that inhabit the planets too. I need to find a way to make that clearer in the IA itself.

After so many millenia, the Imperial Creed, Blood Angel heritage, Theran Honour Code and Thulean Fire Cults have intervowen to form the basis of Blood Dragons' Chapter Cult. The Brothers and serfs all follow a vow of silence when in the most revered parts of the Fortress Monastery. This has also given them an unnerving habit of fighting in total silence, with commands issued by hand signals as far as possible.

More details on the last two would seem appropriate.

This is pretty good, actually. There's not that much, though. I'm not sure what you should add, though.

So, well done. I hope you can figure out how to expand it effectively. :)

Thanks. I'm not much of a writer and english not being my native language I struggle with every sentence of fiction I try to write... I'm trying hard to expand the IA, but it will take time.

:) I love Drax's idea of using an actual dragon as a dreadnought. And no, I'm not going to change the name anymore despite the urge. I grew very fond of it pretty much at the moment I thought of it. I'm going to add a few characters to the IA later today. My Chief Librarian for the start and probably the Chapter Master as well as Second Company Captain.

Yeah, I seem to have forgotten a crucial bit of information... Both Therans and Thuleans are toughest SOB's around not because of the orks, but because of the natural beasts that inhabit the planets too. I need to find a way to make that clearer in the IA itself.

Oh, I got that the beasts were there, and I'm sure they'd still be tough.

But Beasts+Orks would seem to be more of a challenge than just Beasts, and thus more likely to produce tough SOBs.

Thanks. I'm not much of a writer and english not being my native language I struggle with every sentence of fiction I try to write... I'm trying hard to expand the IA, but it will take time.

You don't necessarily have to write an IA. You could make up some shorter format of your own.

As a general rule, the easiest way to expand an IA is to think up some theme you want to develop and then work it in everywhere in a bunch of different ways. Then keep doing that until you're done.

;) I love Drax's idea of using an actual dragon as a dreadnought. And no, I'm not going to change the name anymore despite the urge. I grew very fond of it pretty much at the moment I thought of it. I'm going to add a few characters to the IA later today. My Chief Librarian for the start and probably the Chapter Master as well as Second Company Captain.

Before i saw Drax's dragon dreadnought "count as" I thought I was cool for thinking of using a caurnosuar as a count as for my furioso libby, and dc dread using a librarian, and a death company rider. . Im also going to use cold ones as SM bikes. Will be a fun was to see them being "count as". we will see once taxs come back and uncle sam help an american poor guy become temporarly rich for 10 mins till i lose it to the warhammer gods.

Oh, I got that the beasts were there, and I'm sure they'd still be tough.

But Beasts+Orks would seem to be more of a challenge than just Beasts, and thus more likely to produce tough SOBs.

Now that I've had time to think about this and read on Orks, I definitely agree with you. I will change it to them "purging" the planet every few decades or so, but with Orks living primaraly underground on Thera, they have no hope of actually getting rid of them... Merely keeping them somewhat manageable...

• 1 year later...