Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

Thanks for the comments chaps,

Cloud Runner: yeah it works really well, almost full traverse, and if UK based, one taketh one of Her Majesty's finest 2 penny pieces, draws around it and cuts/drills out the inside of the circle. Perfect fit. could not be simpler.

gallery_42238_5618_64792.jpg

Ravendove: Thanks for that, appreciate the honesty, as mentioned before it really seems to be love or hate with the hexagons and trust me, if I didn't have around 4000pts painted up I would certainly entertain switching schemes! Still going to steal your camo cloak idea.

Arne: Too kind!

FTE

That's deceptively simple and easily achieved - thanks muchly for the pics and advice.

One last question (for now :))

Does the turret cause any interference with the maint turret and does it obscure the vision ports behind it?

Cheers,

Just taken delivery of my Dreadknight.

Sweet!

Kitbash imminent!

FTE

Your tanks are pretty nuts, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I'm looking forward to seeing any Dreadknights on the WIP forums, actually. The head and arm replacements work better than I imagined they might (they look great, actually), so good on you for having a go at it. The paint is very nice. I'm not a fan of the hexagon design, but I appreciate the execution along with the dedication to the idea (if that makes sense). Your Terminator Lieutenant (I wasn't around in that era, and I've always wondered about that rank not being included) is aces!

Evening all,

Cloud Runner, delighted to be of assistance and the good news is zero interferance with main gun, but the right hand vision port becomes pretty redundant.

Max: Thanks for looking and indeed for the kind comments

And so to the Main event:

Quick look at very WIP Night Hunters Dreadnought

gallery_42238_5618_130484.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_72663.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_137741.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_89627.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_149483.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_78123.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_170076.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_464.jpg

gallery_42238_5618_22320.jpg

C&C always welcome, working on a largish powerfist for the left arm, but also tempted by the oversized war scyth, your thoughts.

FTE

So mocked up the fist, thinking the scythe may be more of a statement....

... if also a little too GunDam maybe.

gallery_42238_5618_53709.jpg

Also really really skinny around the middle not quite convinced I know how to change that yet.

FTE

Alrighty then,

Build done, detail only to do.

Blue tac got a bit soft on the AC arm, final pose will be more like the above

gallery_42238_5618_32301.jpg

Have decided to leave this one as is, and make another with a double handed sythe.....

FTE

really loving the look of this =] looks so menacing rather than games workshops where it look like a grey knight is strapped in like a baby. Cant wait to see this painted as your colour scheme i also somehwhat unique.

Keep up the good work

Jim

NemFX: Thanks for the direction but neither the Vindicator, Landraider, Predator, Promethius or devastator sensors look quite right, bit too Tau for the big ones and the other ones just a bit too small, keep em coming though!

Max: Thanks indeed Brother!

And yet more paint.....

gallery_42238_5618_4592.jpg

FTE

First layers on, just about, still good to do the head bone style akin to my Terminators, time to layer up the Hex's, lenses, wash the metallics and then start on the highlights. all of them. And then weathering. Not forgetting the base. I may be some time......

gallery_42238_5618_175061.jpg

Also decided to Beret up the Seargent for the Razorback squad.

gallery_42238_5618_61664.jpg

Needs a little bit of greenstuff around the band.

FTE

Evening all

Vairocanum: Thanks man, very kind, your stuff is looking pretty epic as well!

Vagabond: Punisher cannon from Forgeworld, designed for their Vulture gunships IIRC, but as it is basically a massive assault cannon I really couldn't say no!

TIH: Too kind brother, saw yours too, was looking good, painted yet?

somoyi: All the RB turrets use are the Forgeworld items, the Assault cannon turrets are converted from their HB turrets and Finally somebody else likes the paint job! :woot:

Quick painting up-date:

gallery_42238_5618_135749.jpg

First highlights on, still need to do the fine high lights over all the armour panels/hands/sarcophagus/script etc and the some weathering.maybe.

FTE

Massive fan of this thread. The hexagons are great, don't listen to the haters :) They look particularly good on the tactical marines. Your scouts are badass with the berets. Finally fantastic DK conversion, 100% better than the GW original. Keep 'em coming!