Night Hunters WIP (Pic Heavy)

Always liked your take on a ‘walking tank’ conversion for the Centurions. How did you adjust the arms on that kit to hold your assault cannons?!

Blows my mind you freehand ALL those hexagons! Kudos to you for always sticking with it over the years as visually unique and really unifying and powerful. Great to see you at it again!

Thanks bud, honestly, i can not for the life go me remember!:blush.:

I know i used terminator parts and fists in there along with terminator shoulder pads but that's all I'm afraid! Oh and the hitch from the imperial guard vehicle kit.

And glad you like the hexes, they are a development from my original Dark Angels army and I waned a specific scheme for a "scout' force that branched out into something a bit bigger over the years!

And decided to base coat the second knight, the thunder pigeons the gerard and assorted other bits so lots to get though!

Cheers all!

FTE

I don’t know how I’ve missed all of this! This is fantastic and I’m going to spend a few days pouring over it all. The conversions are awesome and non stop. Looking at your earlier work with GS berets, spaced armor on tanks, heck, there was a tank repairing a bike!

And the paint jobs are stellar! The geometry on all of it simply harms dropping!

Afternoon All!

Right, so I have decided that next we will be working on the little diorama I started Titled Nature vs Nurture

gallery_42238_5618_1033605.jpeg

gallery_42238_5618_15482.jpeg

So getting along, will have to bring the edge plates on the gaunt up a few pegs and undecided on eye colour too, maybe red.... we shall see.

The marine is now fully geared up, slung bolter, bolt pistol, empty scabbard etc so will crank him out over the next few days I hope!

Unless I get sidetracked building some Terminators....

Iron Bars: Thanks frater! Well the wait is over, let me know what you think!

Hushrong: Hey chap, no worries and thanks for looking in, the Rhino/Bike combo is still awaiting full completion, along with the entire diorama all around it!

Currently sitting forlornly at the bottom of the display cabinet mocking me! But don't want to start it again until my painting really is back up to scratch!

Hopefully more soon,

Cheers all!

FTE

Edited by NightHunters

Evening all!

Right, progress is being made....

gallery_42238_5618_128715.jpeg

gallery_42238_5618_473123.jpeg

some more detail work to do but the Marine is nearly there, and then we can crack on with the Gaunt and the base!

Hushrong: Thanks chap, went with a poison arrow frog as a guide and figured i would only ever paint one so why not go wild!

And the the Termies, as it looks like classic marines are heading for a Squatting, want to do something a bit special, a last hurrah one might say.

Hoping we get some kind of old vs new feud at some stage, like heresy 40K, that would be quite fun....

Any way, cheers all!

FTE

Progress is looking good. And yeah, if you are painting one going all out was the right choice with that poison arrow frog colors.

And a last hurrah for the terminators sounds intriguing. I honestly wonder if they’ll eventually drop the old marines.

Evening all!

So have spent some time detailing the gaunt but not much to show, have also started added pouches and green stuff to this squad that has now been brought up to strength...

Here we have the squad sergeant calling in an airstrike as an addition

gallery_42238_5618_1360492.jpeg

And here we have a Heavy bolter laying down some suppressing fire

gallery_42238_5618_523028.jpeg

keen to get these guys primed up but need to get the detailing sorted.

That is all for tonight!

Cheers all!

FTE

Great to see your marines in cover make an appearance again and the addition to their ranks as well. Has inspired me to create a Bolter scout squad in similar circumstances; holding the line until relief in the form of air cover/evac/cavalry arrives! Really like the damage to the cover and ruins you created too.

Evening all!

So we are nearly there on Nature vs Nurture

Basing almost finished, the gaunt has a bit more pop now along with eyes and teeth, once they are both secured to the base i will finish up the detailing all round

gallery_42238_5618_192853.jpeg

gallery_42238_5618_169785.jpeg

Quixus: Thanks fella, and thankfully i don't play, otherwise i totally would:whistling:

Bjorn: Cheers chap, agreed, drop enough fire power on it even an MBT will seek what cover it can!

Kierdale: Thanks bud, really enjoying it again, and glad to see you are still around too!

Hushrong: Yeah thanks man, that's exactly it, the one good thing about the new larger bases it allows you to go seriously silly on basing, which i at least enjoy!

Yosef Hausakluif: Nice, that makes so much sense, held on the extraction point with crucial intel, trying to hold out against the odds, love it! And on the damage, trying to be as random as possible with it is the key, which is far harder than it sounds!

Cheers all

FTE

Nature v Nurture is getting better and better with each update. Serious eye candy happening there.

And yes, bigger bases have their advantage. I was happy that the old squat marine poses fit on them better than the old 25mm. I always seems to have marines with their feet sticking over. That and being able to decorate the base with a wee bit more is nice. Although I’ve been lazy using those pre fab GW bases.

• 5 months later...