Marines Malevolent +Vis Sanctimonia+

zxyogi

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah, about the whole getting me into the Malevolent's thing? :)

That Land Raider is gorgeous and the Storm Hawk is getting me stoked for painting my Storm Talon squadron. I'd had the similar idea of red striping my sergeants helms but wasn't sure how it'd look with the yellow and black scheme, now I know and 'dem boys be getting striped.

I head off to Warhammer World just after Christmas to buy the first 1500 points of my list, so I'll start my own blog then and hopefully you'll have more ideas for me to steal! ;p

• 2 weeks later...
looking great. I understand the missues hateing it. soon as we go the new house she got me a desk and said thats for your army, dont let me see them on the dining table again. now i gotta get her a new dining room set though... Nice models though. looking forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello....update time on my Malevolents.

Working on these 2 Stormcrows from Puppets of war...counts as Stormtalon. Undecided on weapon load out at the mo, contemplating sticking a assault cannon in the nose ala Warthog stylee........ :P

Anyway,few pics of them base colours and a few with a wash,next will be some drybrushing and weathering.

Base colours with the first bit of drybrush....

gallery_30735_2034_1332927.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_1466005.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_1937556.jpg

With the first wash......

gallery_30735_2034_696686.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_1892613.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_1983921.jpg

Also considering having these flown by Scouts or Fighter pilot Serfs.

C&C as always welcome!

:lol:

Have you put together the sponsons for the Achilles yet? If not, could you put up a pic of the multi-melta pieces, if you wouldn't mind? I've thought about scratch-building an Achilles from time to time and I'd to see how FW does their melta sponsons to see see if my ideas are completely dumb.

I should add that your weathering is very nice, I'm hoping mine looks as good when I get around to doing it.

Have you put together the sponsons for the Achilles yet? If not, could you put up a pic of the multi-melta pieces, if you wouldn't mind? I've thought about scratch-building an Achilles from time to time and I'd to see how FW does their melta sponsons to see see if my ideas are completely dumb.

Hello Chrome,the sponsons are the standard GW ones,the weapon supports are the GW ones as well,the FW weapons fix straight on to the standard jobbies. Hope thats the info you want.

Nighthunter and Bio...thanks!!

Think will go ahead with the front mounted assault cannon.

;)

Update time on the Crows. Fitted Assault cannons on both Crows the first version was the ones with the kit the others which I prefer and are more than likely staying are typical GW assault cannons from the LR kit.

First version

gallery_30735_2034_1022576.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_208736.jpg

Second version

gallery_30735_2034_204012.jpg

gallery_30735_2034_2214280.jpg

Opinions........?

;)

Thanks Rob....No air brush all done with paint brushes bar the black undercoat!

;)

No air brush???? Dayum that's some nice painting with a brush fella, updates looking sweet, really liking the way it's turned out and how what you've achieved

Rob

First off, you are doing a marvelous job on your MMs. They are a spectacular army and you are doing the chapter proud.

Secondly, when I first saw the Storm Crows, I wasn't that impressed with them. However, you've definitely made them look very attractive. I think the engine is a tad too short for my liking, but it occurred to me that I could correct that by adding either a cut down engine bit from either a Storm Raven or a Valkyrie.

Would you be able to tell if a Storm Raven engine would fit back behind the pilot? (Primarily the back half with the exhaust)

Cheers,

Archived