Blood Strike

BLACK BLΠFLY

Abel sat upon a rock. He could see the scorch marks left by the Stormraven and the signature of the Death Company boot soles were everywhere. His heart felt heavy. The sound of the hum then came. The Blood Saint looked up to see the dark Stormraven descending from the sky. A side door fell open as it landed and a tech Marine motioned for him to approach the craft.

"Where are my brothers?" said Abel.

"You must come with us. There is no time to waste." replied the tech Marine. "Commander Vaal has requested you report immediately."

Abel lowered his head as he entered the side door.

+++

Brother Abel sat upon a hard bench in the Commander's interrogation room within the battlebarge. Vaal's face was deeply scarred and one of his eyes had a bionic replacement. His head was shaved clean. "So brother Abel you are aware the main purpose of the expedition is to find the Crimson Grail. Correct?"

The Blood Saint stood up to reply. "Of course. It is an ancient artifact dating back to the dark age of technology and a relic of the Blood Angels." His face was like a mask and showed no emotion. "I don't need a Flesh Tearer to question my knowledge."

Vaal snarled. "Just answer the questions." The Commander locked his gauntlets behind his back as he strode about the room. The lights were low and small pillars of black incense burned filling the stale air with the scent of ancient blood. "Our purpose is to extract the Grail, that is all. There are other elements here with the Imperial contingent to deal with the assortment of villains on the planet. I need to know you will focus on the task at hand. We've needlessly lost everyone aboard the downed Thunderhawk except for you, all at the expense of some ork hunting junket. You understand me?"

The Blood Saint said nothing.

"You can leave now." said Vaal.

Abel sat in his small room having removed his weapons. There came a knock on his door. "You can enter." said the Blood Saint. The door slid open and a Librarian entered. His eyes were deeply hooded and fire seemed to burn within them. "Did you send the Death Company?" asked Abel.

"Yes of course." said the Codicer. "They were to extract you and any other survivors from the wrecked Thunderhawk. Tell me what happened down there."

"The only others to survive the crash were Chaplain Oztmann and the Epistolary Mercury. We split up on the way to the outpost so I could collect the geneseed from our fallen brothers. There was no one at the outpost by the time I arrived." said Abel.

"If you don't mind me asking how did you know about the Death Company?" Codicer Efran asked.

"I saw boot prints in the soil and it was their signature. We have to find a way back down so we can return to the outpost and find them." said the Blood Saint.

just 2 small things.

for one: generally there isent a group of death company around, small or big; to send into battle (when the marines themselves arent in battle...what i mean by that is that generally the black rage arises just before they go into battle. if they were just sitting in space doing nothing there wouldnt be much of a reason to fall to the black rage correct? ;)) theyre also unlikely to be of much help as an extraction party.... you know, seeing and hearing things that arent actually around and all :) so yea...if it were tactical marines or some veterans i could dig it, but the death company just doesent make any sense to me <_<

also could you please call skeletons, skeletons and not skellies? its somewhat gamerslang :ermm:

other then that, great read :wink:

generally there isent a group of death company around, small or big; to send into battle (when the marines themselves arent in battle...what i mean by that is that generally the black rage arises just before they go into battle. if they were just sitting in space doing nothing there wouldnt be much of a reason to fall to the black rage correct? ;))

If this particular company had just embarked on a campaign to retrieve an ancient artifact I would say it's quite possible some brothers would fall to the black rage in anticipation of the bloody battles ahead. Great story so far, keep it up!!!

offcourse im not saying its impossible that any would fall. its just that generally they only do so on the battlefield ;) (or en route) still hold onto my vieuw that its unlogical that they would send DC as an extraction party but i digress, it makes for some interesting reading so what do i care? :cuss

The Blood Saint entered Commander Vaal's chamber along with his Codicer. "This was unannounced and shall be recorded as an act of transgression. Follow the proper protocols from now on." snarled Vaal. The Flesh Tearer has one of his long fractal edged swords lying on a stone table and was running a silvered piece of whet stone along the edges. "I'm not to be interrupted unless an appointment is properly scheduled from now." said Vaal looking up from the stone block of the table top. A pair of bolt pistols along with a plasmagun were propped up against a side of the table.

"I'm here to inform you that the Codicier and I will shortly be leading a search party down to planet side."

"And ruin another Thunderhawk in the process?" snarled the Commander. "I don't think that's going to happen while I'm on watch here." Vaal lifted his sword up and then carefully wiped off the thin film of lubrication. "Return to your stations and wait for further orders."

"I'm not asking your permission." said Abel. "I'm telling you as a courtesy due to your rank and my high esteem for you."

Vaal laughed then immediately grimaced. "So we have here the leader of the Blood Saint's Company. Warriors said to be able to channel their minds and astrally project their pure being across both time and space. I've heard all the these rumors mind you. I have to say that I'm not impressed, not the slightest at all. It's all outlandish pomp and lies as far as I'm concerned. Now do as you were told."

Abel walked slowly towards Vaal casting a long black shadow across the floor. His fangs tipped from his closed lips then he opened his mouth again to speak. "The Blood Saints are here on equal status with your Flesh Tearers. You are not in a position to order us. All major decisions must be agreed upon by the both of us."

"There's no way in Hades that I'll agree to you commandeering a search party. We have our orders given directly from Dante." said Vaal. "What we have here is a stalemate and I will personally see to it that your transgressions are brought to his attention"

"If you want the Crimson Chalice then only course of action is to locate the Epistolary Mercury. He holds the key." said Abel as he stood chest to chest with Vaal.

Vaal stared into the Blood Saint's eyes. The commander could smell the intense feeling pouring off of Abel. He stepped back, placed his sword on the table and smiled. "Okay then I see you are dead set on this matter. Go ahead then, take a search party down and see what you can find. I wish the best of luck."

+++

A tech Marine approached Abel and the Codicier as the pair made their way back to their sector. "I have news." said the tech Marine. "The dreadnaught Cygnus was onboard the Stormraven on it's return. We are now establishing a comm link."

"That is good news indeed." said Abel. "Take us to Cygnus' holding chamber immediately. He is the only one to know what happened down there at the outpost. Maybe now there will finally be some answers."

The tech Marine turned about leading them down a dark corridor. Claxons continued to chime as the trio quickly made their way towards the cell.

Archived