My DIY Chapter Blood Dragons and other projects

Blackrat

I've had some marines collecting dust for a few years now and finally decided to paint me an army. For that end I also got the Assault on Black Reach box. So far all I've got is a test model painted, which is also my first mini in years as my wife does the painting on our FB figures. Anyway, this is from the Black Reach box. I'll post more once I get them done.
gallery_59371_5658_81589.jpg

For the paint, few easy tricks

if you want something to be gold, make a first layer of scortch brown.

I'm not sure about the red flamer head.

For the scheme. They look a lot like flesh tearers. you might want to either play flesh tearers or differenciate a little more like brighter red, Slipt scheme, colored helmet, juste to name a few

the more important is ... that you keep us informed :rolleyes:

waiting to see more!

For the paint, few easy tricks

if you want something to be gold, make a first layer of scortch brown.

Thanks, I'll try that.

For the scheme. They look a lot like flesh tearers. you might want to either play flesh tearers or differenciate a little more like brighter red, Slipt scheme, colored helmet, juste to name a few

I'm pretty set on the general scheme now, but after painting that one I decided to switch to white basecoat to get the red brighter.

• 3 weeks later...
I think I should have posted this to the Hall of Honour as I don't really intend to post pics of unfinished figurines... Anyway, slow week but my Librarian Furioso is nearing completion. With small modifications 'cause I used the parts to three different dreadnoughts, and ended up having to use few parts from those others to this one. I'll post pics once it's done.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Being a Living Ancestor and a big fan of squats I really like your take on this one.

The legs are spot on (gretchin legs?)

The space wolf head works. 

A longest beard would not hurt

I, personally, thinks that the hands are too big

they look as big as his head

could be an illusion from the camera angle

Keep it up ! 

• 2 years later...

Good luck with the old school Dreadnought. Hopefully, other players will view him with the respect the Venerable Brother deserves, instead of laughing as they point at him and call him names like "baby Dread" or "Centurion on a diet".

They will learn to respect him, they will learn :D

Technically got it for free. Had to promise a good cigar and a glass of scotch, to be shared when my kid is born, but that I would have offered anyway biggrin.png

Well alright then. Score! :tu:

Good luck with the old school Dreadnought. Hopefully, other players will view him with the respect the Venerable Brother deserves, instead of laughing as they point at him and call him names like "baby Dread" or "Centurion on a diet".

They will learn to respect him, they will learn biggrin.png

I presume the Venerable Brother will literally BEAT the idea "I should treat 'Rogue Trader' era models with respect," into the jokers heads?

Violence is a UNIVERSAL means of earning respect. The Orks do it, the Tau do it (with railguns), the Necrons do it (with Gauss weapons)... despite the sins they commit by existing in Man's galaxy, we must admit their tactics WORK.

Archived