Grey Knight Rumors Thread

Marmande

Might have to do with how cheap he is; or it's just a mistype and he's actually 2 wounds.

EDIT: Nope, it's only one. But remember that this guy, before he dies, just needs to make a successful attack (so 3+ against everything WS6 and below) to remove the enemy model from the game. For 100 points you can wipe out a Carnifex. :D

EDIT: Man this guy likes to post:

another tidbit.

Castellan Crowe makes purifier squads troops.

Shine on you crazy diamond. :lol:

The problem here is that GK also have to be a viable gaming force. Sure, GKs could keep their current statline. They'd still be 25 pts and people would still have problems winning. Want or not, WH40k is first and foremost a game. And the ruleset cannot represent the fluff people read. At that rate, a single Space Marnie squad should be worth about 1000pts.

I'm pretty sure GKs would get a discount in any new Codex even if they kept their same statline. After all, Death Company gets WS 5, 2 Attacks, and bunches more for less than the cost of a Grey Knight.

Only thing I've been worried about with the GK Codex is that it will end up being too over-specialized. I don't want an army where half the wargear and special rules are useless if you're not playing against Codex:Chaos Daemons. Any anti-daemon rules need to be offset similar to how the Daemonhunter originally worked, instead of being something that players need to shell out points for, only to have those points go to waste 90% of the time.

Awesome Stuff!

So torn now on what to Run...

But it looks like Draigo for Pallies s Troops and Mord for the awesome (fluff and price!) Ghost Temries. With the added bonus Mord can also make my SR scout. :P

Edit;

If they keep that rule for the ..Calexus..(?) assassin where each psyker in range adds 1 to the assault value of the weapon...that could turn hideous pretty quick.

I'd be pretty sure it would work like it does currently. Only the Justicar (or one random dude) countsa as the focus of the Squads power. It gels with the rules rumoured for perils.

2. Either 0 or possibly 1 units in the FA and HS slots combined that work with the traditional GK deployment (teleporting terminators). Book has been rewritten so the "traditional" style no longer applies. It seems like it is more of a fast-moving elimination force rather than rapid reaction suppression team. Possibly due to more severe daemonic incursions?

The book should still have been written with iconic Ordo Malleus/GK builds in mind and not just this new, less unique view of the Grey Knights. And why would a more severe daemonic incursion mean they'd stop using the specific tactic intended to bypass the worst of a daemonic incursion? They teleport in, decapitate the incursion, and then either mop up or teleport out. Wading through an infinite tide of mooks first helps nobody but the daemons. Marmande says there's a second FA choice to do with teleportation, so hopefully that's something closer to what I had in mind and not just another "AAGKs, but teleporting!" choice like last time.

3. GKs teleporting from orbit are awesome. GKs teleporting 6" twice per round and getting a 30" teleport once per game is self-parody. They already did. Now they are moving onto the next dish. And I think it will be awesome that we are going to be able to faster than DE in a sense.

Things like Stormravens and Dreadnoughts are incompatible with a teleporting force. And you'll note I'm in favour of the GKs being made faster via teleportation, but it should be in a way that respects what teleportation really means in the 40k universe. It's a trip through hell, not just something you use to cross the street.

4. Reducing GKs to WS4 and A1 (no True Grit?) is bad. Preferred Enemy vs. Daemons seems like a cop-out. A bit lame but understandable. We are already good enough w/ with a stormbolter, basic psykic powers that make us str 5, psykic resistance, an amazing jump pack and possibly power weapons.

As Vindicatus says, the GKs were once the best. With the exception of the psionic powers, everything you and Marmande mentioned is just wargear.

7. No ISTs, only WS3, BS3 mooks. Still better than conscripts?

8. Making power armour, storm bolters and storm shields available to said mooks. Who gave these losers the keys to the armoury? Are you saying the Holy =I= is just a bunch of losers?

It's better than a frontal lobotomy too, but I don't consider that a point in its favour. And yes, WS3 BS3 humans are a bunch of losers who shouldn't have access to this wargear.

I'm going to guess that SR's will be able to allow GK's to deepstrike similar to the Blood Raven's always-land-where-I-want-to ability.

Just a hunch, anyways. I have a feeling that, being used to teleporting right to where they need to and being able to get to the fight so easily, they figured out some way to make it so they can deepstrike exactly where they need to be.

Re-reading everything and seeing the whole 'Purifier Squads as troops' thing just made me choke on my coffee after taking my morning sitsie-and-readthrough of what happened while I was asleep.

I think in the near future I'm going to be getting a lot of looks along the lines of "You have GOT to be kidding me" from across the table.

i think they are scoring and only the unit the upgrade dude is in [and he costs like half+ of a 5 man GK unit ]. so it aint cheap.

Might not be cheap but it is all goood :)

would this be the first Imperial Monstrous Creature?

That honor would have to go to Inquisitor Karamozov. ;)

Still, I too look forward to the dreadnight with great anticipation. I expect it will help to assuage our army's traditional lack of long-range firepower. Not to mention being a formidable assault beast as well.

I'm having huge reservations about it. I'm hoping it won't be the cross between Aliens Power-loader Exosuit and a Penitent Engine, as described in the Overlords podcast. However, this [in Grey] would be acceptable:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/at/at2/2011/2/2/f33f7cc991d577a7365e6cd607c26019_30356.jpg

I'm no GK player but i'm looking forward to their new release....basicly, the plastics looool

If they seem good, which from i can read, they are, but have lost their "umph" and their new codex makes them better i may choose to start a small force up.

Am i the only one who is somewhat afraid that the next codex will be just plain stupid? Things like the Stormraven ( stupid concept and butt ugly ), the Dreadknight ( perhaps with dreadclaws and dreadmissiles? ) and some of those other rumours make the Grey Knights look like they are out of some bad 90s comic.

Well, that's a good point on some level.

We have the Blood Angels that deal with Sanguine-everything, blood claws, missiles, and everything.

And then there's the Space Wolves, where in the grim darkness of the far future there is only wolfeverything.

Every chapter has a sort of running theme to go with it; up until now, the running theme with Grey Knights were 'We are made of win and God.'

Pretty pumped about most of the info listed, except the PAGK downgrade. I really, really hope they at least keep True Grit with the SB/NFW. I can take being WS4. I at least want 2 attacks base (and I want the charge bonus.)

I'm glad they are including a Chaplain-esqe figure.

One whole choice in the FA category, huh? Maybe two? Uh huh.

I'm still concerned about AT. If we're not going to be able to pack a lot of melta I'm real curious what our solution to Mech IG/Razor Spam is supposed to be.

Grey Knights were 'We are made of win and God.' - I want this T-Shirt.

Archived