sternguard, do you use them?

shdwcypher13

vanguard generally seem to be seen as being overly expensive here, but i know of a guy who ran a sternguard/vanguard pedro list and it worked awesome. he podded like three units of sternguard with locator beacons, and dropped the vanguard later to use HI off the beacons. the sternguard were all carrying combi-meltas and combat squaded on deployment.

just because its still on my mind. and I'd love more input, what would be good builds for a Veterans lists, Vanguards and sternguards. How would they work together? And of couse how would you put up your list and at what points? yeah I know alot of questions but hell thats what this is for general. ;)

Easy, Sternguard in Stormravens with Locator beacons, and Vanguard in reserve ;)

Ok so here's where I'm at in my mind. If I build a lust with both.sterngaurd and vanguard, 5 man teams each. The sterngaurd would an ideal fire/cover team for the vanguard. Using suppression fire into the vanguards line of attack. The to help insure the reach the Target I've assigned for them. And if I work this tactic right I can make my opponent focus in that direction for a brief moment. To give me time to move elements of my force into critical position.

Does this sound like sanity or am I to expect the black ship at my front door any moment now?

Archived