Vanguard Veterans loadout

Gv0zD

Okay forgive the noob question I have tried search and had little success, I have just got hold of 20 VV and want to get them going. I am unable to find a reference that details the deepstrike scatter dice for VV,

Do Blood Angel Vanguard Veterans benefit from DOA 1D6 scatter dice rules when deployed from deepstrike?

I know that a character attached negates the HI rule but I have found no reference to VV DOA.

If you encounter this issue how do you deal with it ? VV on HI can't shoot or run so must be within 6 inches to assault when DSing?

As said, every model equipped with JumpPack benefits from DoA rule. As for deployment, I try to "land" within 4 inches from the target squad, so most of the time my VV get in assault range.

As for the discussion about LCs and PWs, I playtesed VV with LCs and I can say they're awesome, despite not getting additional attacks, re-rolls to wound are worth it. My two squads with 2 LCs and 1 TH each tear almost through everything. My regular vets with chainswords generate enough attacks to deal with hordes (which are larger in numbers, but weaker, so require no PW to be wounded effectively).

The DoA rule in the Codex does not say every unit with a jump pack. It says Every unit with this rule. Unless VGV got the rule errata'ed in, they will scatter the normal distance and wont reroll reserve rolls. I do not see them having DoA, so I disagree here.

Edit:

Checked codex and errate. Dont see a mention to DoA anywhere, so I'd say they dont have it and thusly dont benefit from it either.

Okay forgive the noob question I have tried search and had little success, I have just got hold of 20 VV and want to get them going. I am unable to find a reference that details the deepstrike scatter dice for VV,

Do Blood Angel Vanguard Veterans benefit from DOA 1D6 scatter dice rules when deployed from deepstrike?

I know that a character attached negates the HI rule but I have found no reference to VV DOA.

If you encounter this issue how do you deal with it ? VV on HI can't shoot or run so must be within 6 inches to assault when DSing?

As said, every model equipped with JumpPack benefits from DoA rule. As for deployment, I try to "land" within 4 inches from the target squad, so most of the time my VV get in assault range.

As for the discussion about LCs and PWs, I playtesed VV with LCs and I can say they're awesome, despite not getting additional attacks, re-rolls to wound are worth it. My two squads with 2 LCs and 1 TH each tear almost through everything. My regular vets with chainswords generate enough attacks to deal with hordes (which are larger in numbers, but weaker, so require no PW to be wounded effectively).

The DoA rule in the Codex does not say every unit with a jump pack. It says Every unit with this rule. Unless VGV got the rule errata'ed in, they will scatter the normal distance and wont reroll reserve rolls. I do not see them having DoA, so I disagree here.

Edit:

Checked codex and errate. Dont see a mention to DoA anywhere, so I'd say they dont have it and thusly dont benefit from it either.

You don't read very well then.  Check p62 jump pack rules.

Edit:

You don't read very well then.  Check p62 jump pack rules.

Thank you for making me a very happy person and correcting my incomplete check up. Didnt consider separate jump pack entree :)

HURRAH!

Since BA is 5th there's no option to have a second LC on a Vet, does this mean I can't have a Vet with 2 LCs? Or do I have to pay 15 points again just to get the extra attack?

Since BA is 5th there's no option to have a second LC on a Vet, does this mean I can't have a Vet with 2 LCs? Or do I have to pay 15 points again just to get the extra attack?

What do you mean? Of course. you can have a whole VV squad full of twin claws if you wish.

Any model can replace chainsword and/or bolt pistol with a claw. The sarge though has to pay only for one of them, since he carries a PW by default.

Sarg can exchange his power sword for a LC, so giving him a pair only costs 15 pts :) incidentily its probably one of the more stronger combos to put on a sarg as well if you intend to use him to challenge enemy sargeants :D while you dont got a invul save if theres a priest nearby he has fairly good odds of both killing and surviving this as well ^_^

Always pay the extra 10pts and give him a Claw and a Power Fist if you are going that way.

Or if you want another good combo... Glaive Encarmine (Axe) and a Storm Shield.

I just took a 5 man VGV squad to Throne of Skulls last weekend. They are just too expensive for what they do. Especially with all the Interceptor around now. I'll be spending the ~200pts on more troops instead. Or more Furiosos.

Archived