White Scars Battlebarge and Strike Cruisers Names

RastlinD

I recently started playing battlefleet gothic and got lured into playing space marines. I am planning on painting up my fleet in White Scars colors and I was wondering if the fluff mentions by name any of the Scars battlebarges or strike cruisers? Thanks.

The only named White Scars vessel I can think of is the battlebarge Plainsmaster, which was re-named The Silent Horseman during/after the Third War for Armageddon.

I'll have to do some more digging to see if there are any more named White Scars vessels in the official material.

In The Hunt for Voldorius, there is a Strike Cruiser named Lord of Heaven.

BFG is a great game.

Also, one little thing: I was under the impression that companies of the White Scars were named "Brotherhoods" and Captains were called "Khans". (i.e. Buddy, Khan of the fourth brotherhood.) Maybe "Voldorius" wasn't that accurate a book?

GW seems to switch between the two ways of naming things for White Scars (and Clans for Iron Hands). How I read it is that a Brotherhood is a Company and a Khan is a Captain. The Imperium will call them the standard names, and White Scars might do as well to outsides for ease of translation. Whilst in the chapter, they call them by their names. Alternatively, White Scars speak the language of their homeworld and have their name for Company, which can be translated directly as Brotherhood or, due to what it is, a Comapny.

To clarify the point, lets say the White Scars call bikes "durui". This could directly translate as mechanical horse - but to the Imperium it means bike ;)

Thanks for the replies, that handles my battle barge and a strike cruiser. I still have one more strike cruiser in need of a name. I seem to remember there being a white scars appearance in one of the Horus Hersey novels. Was it the dark angels one can anyone remember?

I just started reading Savage Scars by Andy Hoare, and there is a Nova-Class Frigate called Nomad, under the command of a Veteran Sergeant.

Not what you want, but it may come in handy. There may be more White Scars ship names but as I am only at the 2nd chapter I can not say for sure.

You can always borrow from real-world history and name one or more vessels for historical Khans (who could just as easily be renowned captains of legend within the White Scars). After all, their Primarch himself is named after a historical Khan. For example:

Sword of Temujin

Batu's Wrath

Spear of Kublai

Blade of Urus

If you like this idea, you can find plenty more Khans right here.

Use a Mongolian theme for naming the ships or White Scar specific things such as 'Khans Wrath'. Perhaps the White Scars use their own naming system whilst the Imperium when referring to their ranks uses the generic one? So to the White Scars and their successors and perhaps other 'in the know' chapters Khans are Captains and Brotherhood are companies. Remember that their home world has two names.

Use a Mongolian theme for naming the ships or White Scar specific things such as 'Khans Wrath'.

I don't know - that seems a little too close to the Wrath of Khan.

"I want all information pertaining to the project called 'Genesis'...."

:)

Thanks for the replies, that handles my battle barge and a strike cruiser. I still have one more strike cruiser in need of a name. I seem to remember there being a white scars appearance in one of the Horus Hersey novels. Was it the dark angels one can anyone remember?

I found a list of White Scars ships (with captains where mentioned) that have appeared in various GW/BL writings just don't ask me which articles they are from cause I can not remember.

Battle Barge Constantius

Battle Barge Silent Horseman (formally the "Plainsmaster")

Strike Cruiser Lord of Heavens - Kor'sarro Khan (3rd Company)

Strike Cruiser Swift Horseman - Shang Khan (Pre-Heresy ship)

Strike Cruiser Warrior of the Plains - Jurga Khan

Nova-class Frigate Nomad - Veteran-Sergeant Sarik

Strike Cruiser Swift Horseman - Shang Khan (Pre-Heresy ship)

Where did you find the list? I haven't seen that ship name before, would be nice to know the source.

Archived