Lamenters

Mr Yellow

still loving the look on your models ;)

they look so....yellow :tu: yet you manage to pull it off so nicely :)

im goign to have to joink that idea of your to add hazard stripes on the raider front ramp :P

also a bit late maybe, but why did you first paint the dread red and then paint it yellow? is there some brilliant painting technique thats behind it?

@RagingChainsword-I started painting a unit the other day so can't do a step by step photo tutorial until the next unit. I will post a recipe for the paints I use though give GWs recent efforts on the paint front it won't be too much help I think.

@Gamma310-Always glad that people like my guys. I had seen the sheets on the GW website but I actually prefer doing the squad marking myself so I can change them up a bit. That and they are a bit overpriced.

@Demoulius - Feel free to use the hazard stripes, don't think I'm the first or the last to do it. If you come up with a good way to keep the lines straight let me know. The dread was red because I got it off ebay. Now you mention it the yellow went down a lot better over the red though it didn't occur to me at the time.

Now on the the latest works. My bro, who is dragging me to a tourney in a couple of weeks just happened to mention that I need some objective markers, thank you dear brother:

gallery_60109_5815_5469.jpg

And some assault termies that I am trying to finish, because I don't actually have enough points at the moment:

gallery_60109_5815_1149645.jpg

Till next time, stay zesty.

@Gamma310-Don't quite have the energy at the moment to clear my painting table and lay everything out at the moment. If you go to page five there are some photos of my force as it is now; just a few more bits have paint on them since then. Have you posted any of your 200 yet? Would like to see them.

I already saw the other overview. I was just interested in the current status.

Sadly I havn't posted mine yet. I'm studying at the moment and it's quite hard. Also I'm waiting on some white to finish the Pauldrons.

Most of them have only the yellow prime colour on them, but at least two Tactical Squads are finished(without Pauldrons). But as soon as I've finished them I'm going to post them.

@Gamma310- don't worry. When I have got the next chunk of my force done I will do a group shot

@Ah-a-nothepsis- saw your blog the other day, looking forward to seeing more of your stuff.

@RagingChainsword- I will do a recipe at some point; probably next week. I'm just really busy at the moment so not sure when I will have a solid chance to a tutorial but I will get round to it. Glad you like my stuff. I imagine you are talking about the markers re:inspiration. Can't say whether there was any really, I just put stuff together in the hopes it looks cool, though I do have the overall theme of a force designed for ship board fighting.

Well, your markers definetly look cool. You have me on a see-saw between blood angels and Lamenters, I keep totting back and forth...

Can't wait for that recipe. Okay, my next models are definetly having some "stories" around them. I really love modelled bases that are looking awesome, and I really want some. Thanks for sharing this with us o the forums, your inspiring to all. :D

@RagingChainsword - hopefully I can help sway you (one way or the other)

Anyways, some more progress. This tournament is looming now and I still have a fair amount to do. So:

Land Raider Assault Ramp with hazards stripes (like the enemy deserve a warning) with weathering to come.

gallery_60109_5815_252193.jpg

My one and only Calix Priest front:

gallery_60109_5815_348543.jpg

and back:

gallery_60109_5815_462877.jpg

And one completed objective marker:

gallery_60109_5815_925005.jpg

Till the next time.

I am liking this army, especially the Sanguinary guard. My only comment would be that the checkered side of the land raider looks messier compared to the rest of your army, which is pretty clean. Of course that could be the idea, it looks nice, just a bit out of place.

@Bradley Powers - The objective marker is made from the Space Hulk boxset piece chair with the dead termie in it. I actually cast the piece in resin before plonking a sanguinary guard model in there. The colour scheme was simple as I needed it done quick. I did two spray base coats, one of desert yellow (Army Painter) and then white. After that it was wash with gryphonne sepia, drybrush with bleached bone and then skull white (but only on the most raised parts.

@Captain Mike - Thanks very much. I know what you mean about the LR side. It was on purpose. I actually do the same thing to shoulder pads but it doesn't show up quite so much becuase they are much smaller.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the comments guys, it always encourages me to keep working.

So today I have a completed Land Speeder and some WIP tac marines:

gallery_60109_5815_679821.jpg

I don't like the poses that most marines have with the planted legs that make them look short. Most of my other marines are taller because I use assault legs or FW legs or I do a bit of spacing (It's my nod of a hat to true scaling) This first guy is my effort to make use of the 30 odd pairs of legs I have so that they don't look naff:

gallery_60109_5815_39189.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_392524.jpg

and then this fellow:

gallery_60109_5815_744801.jpg

recognise him?

Till the next time.

Been working on that tac squad, reposing all the legs. Quite happy how they turned out.

gallery_60109_5815_262508.jpg

gallery_60109_5815_85504.jpg

I am meant to be doing more assault marines for my force but I have this overwhelming desire to finish my battle company.

C&C welcome as always.

Archived