Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xenology

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

Inquisitor Kravin

Inquisitor Kravin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 1,568 posts
Hi All

Back when Xenology was in print I leafed through it in my local store but then decided not to buy because of the price. Like Imperial Armour 1 & 2 before it this was a decision I came to regret since it went out of print and is now even more expensive!

I'm compiling some information on the various ways that Xenos factions could cause a Space Marine chapter to rebel or at least be declared renegade. From Rogue Trader I have the Enslavers and from Index Astartes:Renegades I have the Cell-kin of the Technetium Rift who can implant their own DNA into a host causing it to morph into one of them and of course genestealers can implant their eggs in a host giving the broodlord psychic control of the host. I was wondering if xenology shed any light on any creatures which may similarly be capable of not merely killing a marine but actually taking control of him or at least altering his perceptions and judgement sufficiently to cause him to become renegade.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Cogito Ergo Hereticus Sum

QUOTE (MmmmmFlamed)
Alpha Legion: Halfway through the battle they realise they're fighting other Alpha Legion marines. Then they realise that they themselves are imperial.

QUOTE (Wysten)
we have so much kickarse spread thoughout our codex, that the spare kickarse was used to make Thunder Wolves.

Hellios

Hellios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,032 posts
I haven't seen it myself but I believe that Dark Heresy (or one of those kind of things) has an Creatures anathema which may or may not have info about those creatures and some of them may have ways to enslave marines ;) I don't know.

Durus

Durus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts
Don't read this if you still want to read the book. It's really entertaining. ;)
In Xenology itself there the only really manipulative entity mentioned is
Spoiler

Inquisitor Kravin

Inquisitor Kravin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + LEXICANIUM +
  • 1,568 posts
Good suggestion on the Deceiver. It wouldn't corrupt them directly but could engineer a situation to prompt them to go renegade.
Cogito Ergo Hereticus Sum

QUOTE (MmmmmFlamed)
Alpha Legion: Halfway through the battle they realise they're fighting other Alpha Legion marines. Then they realise that they themselves are imperial.

QUOTE (Wysten)
we have so much kickarse spread thoughout our codex, that the spare kickarse was used to make Thunder Wolves.