Stoneburners - Chapter Champion (Dueling Master) WiP Model

Bryan Blaire

Awesome! You know it's a good time for the DA forum when the Stoneburners make a return

Glad to see some progress, your models have been a huge inspiration. What's that piece on his pack? Can't say I recognize it

It's part of the back of the Huntmaster's icons for the RW Black Knights. I stole that to make him an Iron Halo-esque backpack topper. I'm thinking that I can run him as a Company Champion in a command squad to accompany the Stoneburners' Supreme Grand Master, or as a Company Master in his own right with an Iron Halo or the second sword counting as a Storm Shield (because he's just bad ass enough to block lascannon shots with a power sword ;) ).

:lol: Thanks for the compliment Greenz, I appreciate it, but the Frater of the Unforgiven have done much more fantastic work and provide a ton of inspiration around here! I'm glad to count myself among you.

Bryan Blaire:

I've been a fan of your work for a long time, sir. Glad to see everything is getting reinforcements! The Deathwalkers company master is a perfect mix of all the standard colors, executed perfectly. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for sharing.

FC

Glad to see this group getting some reinforcements. This is group I have liked since its inception even with the 'sneaker' look. Hope to see more minis in paint soon.

Thanks, GMB, glad you have enjoyed them, and :lol: about the sneakers. Hopefully will be getting to paint soon.

Still my favourite DIY Unforgiven Successor Chapter :) Nice work as always mate, and very nice to see a Stoneburners update as well :)

Thanks Spaced Hulk, that means a lot, it really does!

Bryan Blaire:

I've been a fan of your work for a long time, sir. Glad to see everything is getting reinforcements! The Deathwalkers company master is a perfect mix of all the standard colors, executed perfectly. Can't wait to see more.

Thanks for sharing.

FC

Thanks FinylCut! Yeah, hopefully the Deathwalkers CM actually gets his sword, pauldrons and base done soon, he's been staring at me hatefully from the 'not complete' level of my painting cabinet for almost two years now...

• 1 year later...
Jeez, haven't posted a Stoneburner since 2016. I'd like to make sure this thread is kept and I hope to get some models (maybe the oft-asked-for Deathwalkers Master) done soon. I only have a full battle line drafted for them for the Hybrean V conflict anyway.

Are we talking ETL soon or are we talking sisters of battle release soon.

I know I must be up there with the slowest painter so I have no room to talk but as I have said elsewhere this is one of my favorite armies and I look forwards to you painting more.

(I’ve just noticed this is my 666th post not sure if that is a good omen for you or not)

Well, I’ll probably be doing some amount of Xenos (pointy earred variety) for ETL, and seeing as we can’t vow for more than one forum and Allies aren’t allowed, everything else that might occur will have to be out of competition stuff.

But I want to get that Deathwatch Master finished off. He stares at me funny from the display case, and all I can say is “Your arm’s off!”

Archived