Nemesis Dreadknight!

So it looks pretty cool IMO but it begs the question, has GW relinquished all codex and fluff writing to Matt ward because the general public is gonna blame him anyways? While I enjoy new units and the model looks cool this one seems kinda out there considering Grey Knight terminators are supposed to be your greater demon killers as far as I know. And the option to use it as heavy support is nice because I heard GK needed better heavies but why not just give them the option to use normal marine heavy weapons?

I heard GK needed better heavies but why not just give them the option to use normal marine heavy weapons?

Because that would be unimaginative and dull.

All units were new once. In 10 years, the Dreadknight will probably be pretty unremarkable compared to the latest new unit 'butchering the fluff'.

I heard GK needed better heavies but why not just give them the option to use normal marine heavy weapons?

Because that would be unimaginative and dull.

All units were new once. In 10 years, the Dreadknight will probably be pretty unremarkable compared to the latest new unit 'butchering the fluff'.

I bet they haven't added the FW Razorback (psycannon) or the FW redeemer... WHY!??!?! WHY!?!?! they rock :D

But as pingo says... they like to make the armies a bit different... otherwise it is a bit hard tojustify 18 different marine codices which all share the same units :()

So it looks pretty cool IMO but it begs the question, has GW relinquished all codex and fluff writing to Matt ward because the general public is gonna blame him anyways? While I enjoy new units and the model looks cool this one seems kinda out there considering Grey Knight terminators are supposed to be your greater demon killers as far as I know. And the option to use it as heavy support is nice because I heard GK needed better heavies but why not just give them the option to use normal marine heavy weapons?

If I'm entirely honest I never thought Grey Knights should ever have had their own Codex book. In my not so humble opinion GW missed an opportunity to create an Army of the Imperium list like 2nd edition had, with Grey Knights being part of it.

Oh well it can't be helped now. Personally I don't like the Dreadknight as a concept in an army which has Dreadnoughts. It just seems to contradict their role in the back ground.

If I'm entirely honest I never thought Grey Knights should ever have had their own Codex book. In my not so humble opinion GW missed an opportunity to create an Army of the Imperium list like 2nd edition had, with Grey Knights being part of it.

Agreed, but I think this was a function of economics more than anything else. Games Workshop operates as a business, and dangly things like Allies of the Imperium models just don't have a place in that.

Given the way both works essentially vandalized things of quality, I've got to say, the Grey Knights Codex couldn't have picked a more appropriate movie to rip off than Matrix: Revolutions.

There are no new ideas, just new combinations. So meh.

In any case, I think the Dreadknight works. Its something new and interesting. I wonder, will the GK stormraven be able to carry one?

But I agree with Hellios, it would have been nice to see the FW models included in the codex. With a price hike for the GK Inferno Cannon- ignore cover, AP 3, and invulnerable saves!

I do find it interesting though that I cant seem to find the Hammer they show it with on the sprues- just the sword. Conversion from the new TDA set? I dunno.

Agreed, but I think this was a function of economics more than anything else. Games Workshop operates as a business, and dangly things like Allies of the Imperium models just don't have a place in that.

Given the way both works essentially vandalized things of quality, I've got to say, the Grey Knights Codex couldn't have picked a more appropriate movie to rip off than Matrix: Revolutions.

Seriously. I think it looks kinda stupid.

On another note, this makes me mad since they keep bringing out new kits and still haven't properly supported the Space Wolves. Where are our Thunderwolves?!

Of coursea Storm Raven cannot carry a Dreadknight! A simple comparison of sizes between a Dreadnought and a Dreadknight will show that the DK is bigger.

The only bad thing is the fact that GW have finally made the Dreadknight. Its size is the size that the Dreadnought always should have been made to.

There are no new ideas, just new combinations. So meh.

Well, there's inspiration, and there's outright theft, and I think the Dreadknight walks that line very carefully, if nothing else. There's parts on the DK that are picture-perfect replicas of their Zion-ian cousins.

Though, as a point, I do think it's a great model, regardless of my distaste for its concept. When I'm not fiddling about with Power Armored man, I've got an Ork army, and it is delighted at the prospect of looting some of those bits.

I do find it interesting though that I cant seem to find the Hammer they show it with on the sprues- just the sword. Conversion from the new TDA set? I dunno.

I think there's a sprue we're not seeing - besides the fact that product shots generally only show parts available in the kit, the Dreadknight hammer is as big as that Terminator strapped into the machine, so I doubt it'd come from anywhere else. :HQ: Notably, there's also no empty fist for the configurations where the DK is armed with a wrist-mounted weapon. We'll all know soon enough, I suppose.

i think the DK is too cheap to be honest 130 points for a MC with S/T 7 and a 2+/4++ save is a real bargain.

i guarantee we will see lists with 3 of these bad boys being commonplace

Compares dreadknight to Tyranid monsterous creatures in heavy support section... you might be right... that or nids are far too expensive! Although on a side note watching a game on vassal and Dreadknights had their faces kicked in by 1ksons XD go force weapons and warp time.

It's probably been said before, but this dreadknight thing reminds me of the power loader.

"Get away from her, YOU ^_^!"

Someone should photoshop Ripley's head into the cockpit.

So put me in the column for "Wild idea" and "Cool looking model".

...and if you guys are wondering why this might be necessary, at least from an Apocalypse perspective (which we play a lot of), let me just say two words: An'graath and Scabiethrax

Now GK's can say, "bring it Slimo!" :P

Compares dreadknight to Tyranid monsterous creatures in heavy support section... you might be right... that or nids are far too expensive! Although on a side note watching a game on vassal and Dreadknights had their faces kicked in by 1ksons XD go force weapons and warp time.

i did a quick comparison to a daemon prince, one of the best units in the game and certainly in the chaos dex and it beats them hands down on paper, and is cheaper than the average build too..

well i'm liking the model but i'll have to wait and see how it does in batlle. The standerd pose could have been a more dramatic in my eye's.. but hey who does not like a little bit of conversion :lol:

well indeed the model looks ripped out of matrix revolution maybe some avatar also hé :) GW is not really know for there bigg originality of models.

i cant wait to geth my grey knight army from under the dust. Been waiting a long time for this new codex. hopefully it will be better then the last one. Where in my opinion grey knights kinda sucked against non deamon army's.

it costs 130 naked. still it costs less then fex .

and it's cheapest upgrade is 30 and most expensive at 75 points, so you'll be wracking up points on the dreadknights tooling them out for whatever job you want them doing.

From the little GW write up it seams like they have some sorrt of sacred incence that reduces the initiative of demons to like 1 or something.

Yeah the new GK mosterous creature, now best in the game. stare unto the shiny newness! :devil:

The standerd pose could have been a more dramatic in my eye's.. but hey who does not like a little bit of conversion <_<

While I have no intention of starting with GK's, this kit has some great potential for other conversions. Old school Epic fans will see what I mean..

http://i89.servimg.com/u/f89/12/99/98/55/photo_31.jpg

Archived