Nemesis Dreadknight!

I still dislike the kittyhawk gunship aka the storm chicken but it is great for conversions.

I will feel this way about the Car Voltron look alike GW is making for the grey knights. end of the day "i'll form the head." This is not a model I can ever take seriously as it stands. Conversion however hell yes again defilers possibly even a base for a Talos. So yet again GW makes something for a forces of the imperium that will find it's way into my massive chaos horde. Thank you GW I really didn't like my defiler kit anyway.

I didn't care for it at first, but its really grown on me - as it DOES fulfil a niche that Dreadnought, Penitent Engines and Warhounds don't.

Take the best martial artist of a particular art in the world today, amputate his legs, then give him state of the art prosthetics that are only half as long as his legs were, now duct tape a shoe-box over his head with a small slit in the front for him to see out then stick a webcam on his shoulder with a small screen in the bottom of the shoe box. Now toss him into a ring opposite a professional wrester. That's a space marine dreadnought vs a greater daemon.

The legs on the penitent engine and warhound are bigger - but they have too many joints and effectively bend the wrong way.

The more human-like shape & proportions of the Dreadknight allow the pilot to actually make use of his martial skills - whilst the size allows him to duel with a greater daemon rather than be swatted aside like a bug.

So how many NDK are people going to run? I see thoughts swinging from "OMG they're awesome, imma run 3 a list" to "they're rubbish and I want my psydreads"...

I love the models but I'm currently torn between 1 or 2, if i'm never going to run 2 then it's obviously a bit of a waste spending £30 on one, especially when I don't have any rhinos which by the looks of it I might need so I could get two of those instead...

Thoughts?

~Gil :confused:

Just got back from the local GW and have seen the new Terminators and Dreadknight... They are beautiful and you will love them, trust me!!

Must.. continue.. Salamanders..

Must.. not.. restart.. Grey Knights..

Must.. not.. stick old army in Dettol..

Resist... <_<

I just saw it in the flesh (or plastic, whatever) and it's far better than those pictures on GW website. It's not hard to imagin it stopming Demons to a messy pulp...

*Trys to resist writing down a weak, stupid reason why DA would have one*

Just got back from the local GW and have seen the new Terminators and Dreadknight... They are beautiful and you will love them, trust me!!

Must.. continue.. Salamanders..

Must.. not.. restart.. Grey Knights..

Must.. not.. stick old army in Dettol..

Resist... :P

I hear you, brother. I'm super, super tempted to completely abandon my Ultramarines and start a Grey Knights army. There is so much awesome oozing out of that army and those kits...

So how many NDK are people going to run? I see thoughts swinging from "OMG they're awesome, imma run 3 a list" to "they're rubbish and I want my psydreads"...

I love the models but I'm currently torn between 1 or 2, if i'm never going to run 2 then it's obviously a bit of a waste spending £30 on one, especially when I don't have any rhinos which by the looks of it I might need so I could get two of those instead...

Thoughts?

~Gil :cuss

I absolutely recommend the rhino's. Even if you do go up against demons, most of them cant open up a rhino, and you can just shoot flamers out the top at them.

I have an idea for this dreadknight.. Let's make the cockpit big, right? And kinda exaggerated.. And make it's ballistic weapons look extra emposing.. Maybe reverse the leg joints..

http://brickcommander.com/lego-madcat1.jpg

I'll admit, at first I saw this thing and went " :lol: "

But I've kept reading and it's grown on me quite a bit. And personally I feel it fills a much needed role in the GK's. I've read about you guys throwing out the "robots" ideas and such and ya know what I say to that? "Machines are Corruptible, Knights are not." I mean really guys? We've been begging for some kind of awesome for the last 3 years, I know, I've been on this forum for that and so much longer and this is what we've been asking for. Albeit we didn't say "We want transformers" we did say "dreadnoughts aren't cutting it!" and "Why can't we kill greater daemons without sacrificing half our army?" This is our answer guys!

And on a more serious note... Those of you who have seen this thing "in the flesh" I must ask a few things.

1) Do the legs bend at all?

2) Is the Grey Knight pose-able?

3) Magnetize weapons, yes, no?

=]D[=

(P.S. I apologize No.6 if this crosses the line on deconstructive but I had to get it out. As another who's tried to work with what we're given I'm sure you can appreciate where I'm coming from.)

I just got in my first game, proxying 3 dreadknights. I ran two with Nemesis Greatswords, Heavy Incinerators, and Personal Teleporters. The third was ran with a Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy Incinerator, and Heavy Psycannon.

I also rand Driago with 3x5 paladins with some upgrades. They faired pretty well, one took out a Venerable dread before being shot down. One simply died to combined marine firepower and a THSS termie charge accompanied by Calgar(took one with me). The other only popped a vindicator. All were dead by the end of turn 3.

In absolute killyness, none of them made their points back, though the non teleporter was close. But what they did so for my army was draw the fire of an entire army. The teleporting dreadknights shunted into positions which forced his army to adapt i.e. drew the termies and calgar out of their landraider and reducing its ability to fire. Which also set up calgar and his assault termies to a Driago/Paladin countercharge which saw only Driago walking away with 3 wounds left.

When it was all said and done, Driago and 7 paladins were all that was left standing when he conceded after 5 turns(only two drop pods left).

My Verdict, the Dreadknights will draw alot of firepower and force you enemy to greatly adapt. They may not kill their points back, but that doesn't matter, they will keep your opponent's attention and are sufficiently durable to withstand a great deal of it.

For reference he had, Calgar with THSS termies in a LR. A LC/AC Pred, a Vindicator, 3 tactical squads, one in a pod, two venerable dreadnoughts in pods with MMs and HFs.

As to how they look, I kind of like them. Their fluff, not terrible. Overall, I my opinion is that I have 3 ordered for my Driago/Paladin/Dreadknight army. 2000pts, 19 models, 46 wounds.

A bit like with the Tau Battlesuits' legs you can cut the joint with a very sharp hobby knife (black line) and repose it.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_KYc5-ZYzLRk/TYdNJ2ZtzyI/AAAAAAAABqE/98RkKOK-lb0/Untitled.jpg

Of course, if you bend the knee, you'll probably bring the leg forward, and will have to cut and re-pose the termi driver. All in all, not simple, but far from hard and I guess it'll be worth it for a dynamic charging pose!

Phil

I think I figured it out. The AdMech reverse-engineered a tau battlesuit, and 'Imperium-ified' it... :lol:

This might very well be true, and fitting aswell as the GK have special disposition in regards to using xenos tech. (It's hinted the Psylencer guns also are of eldar origin). Also the Jokaero techs the inquisition uses are certainly Xenos. All in all, the GK have more of a "Needs break the Law" feel to them with foreign tech. If anything this walkers lines do remind (In universe) of Tauish tech, not the blocky square Imperial tech. The fluff blurb said something about xenos tech of undisclosed origen aswell, so the suspects should be tau.

Also, (Dunno if thats been posted) it's T6 with a 2+ 5++ so not as imba as the leak made it look.

But it's bound to be good, as it's the new trygon or Valkery. The one biggy model people will want to add even if they already have a GK army.

I saw it all in the flesh...I kinda wish there was a function for I don't know killing the driver. He is barely armoured why not just tear him out of there and kill him. like maybe T4(7)

Dunno, model it with a helmet on as that would make it a terminator in a suit? (Open and helmet heads in the sprue.)

So today me and a friend of mine who works at my local GW shop were talking apparently by the rules a Nemesis dreadknight is nigh unkillable to a deamon list. Slaanesh loses rending, Khorne Loses power weapon, Nurgle loses poison and tzeentch does not have enough shooting. So grey knights players take nemesis dreadnights and put them on objectives in objective games because deamons have a rough time killing you.

Keep in mind he cracked out a Khorne deamon list designed to kill grey knights and this was his stumbling block.

Archived