Nemesis Dreadknight!

So today me and a friend of mine who works at my local GW shop were talking apparently by the rules a Nemesis dreadknight is nigh unkillable to a deamon list. Slaanesh loses rending, Khorne Loses power weapon, Nurgle loses poison and tzeentch does not have enough shooting. So grey knights players take nemesis dreadnights and put them on objectives in objective games because deamons have a rough time killing you.

Keep in mind he cracked out a Khorne deamon list designed to kill grey knights and this was his stumbling block.

Pretty much. The only way to really take one is to hit it with multiple units since Dark Excommunication can only remove the gifts granted to a single unit. A blood thirst can take one out, even if it is charged. A Daemon Prince has a chance as well, especially when combined with another unit. Breath, and Bolt can get some wounds through for Tzeentch.

Though, on the other hand, if it wasn't for Dark Excommunication blessings of the blood god would be nasty.

I think the saving grace for most daemons will be that most competitive GK players will be running Psy Rifle Dreads to fill up their Heavy slots. In a tailored game, the Daemons are in for a world of hurt.

While I've already ordered one DK, I think it's place, or lack thereof, in my list will heavily depend on the outcome of a few spcific questions, namely:

Can it "shunt" in the scout phase? (I think yes, but no huge deal if not)

Do Doomfists count as strength 10? (again I think yes)

Do you get an additional attack if you have a sword + fist combo? (not sure either way about this one).

Hopefully these get answered soon after the codex is released.

One thing I've been wondering about the model:

The torso part seems to have some sort of rack and pinion:

http://thatguyjames.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dreadknight_torso1.jpg

3rd part from the left has the rack, and the top right part seems to have a fitting gear.

Is this just for locking the torso in place, or does the Dreadknight come with kung-fu grip or something?

One thing I've been wondering about the model:

The torso part seems to have some sort of rack and pinion:

http://thatguyjames.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/dreadknight_torso1.jpg

3rd part from the left has the rack, and the top right part seems to have a fitting gear.

Is this just for locking the torso in place, or does the Dreadknight come with kung-fu grip or something?

I put one together the other day for my LGS and it's just for looks, the gear doesn't even lock with the teeth. You still have to glue the bits together to get them to hold...

Archived