The Suoirebe crusade. Helsreach: DO YOU KNOW ME!

Eberious

Glad you like the bikes, was a bit disapointingto start the project with that an not finish them all. Someone did warn me it'll do my head in. And theywere right.

:)

Told ya so.

Great models Ebrious! They look a lot like firepower's, I remember him mentioning someone helping him to paint them or something along those lines, did you do his frirst few models?

I'm a self made painter, thank you very much ;)

;)

You're right though, our two armies have a lot in common aesthetically. Great minds and all that. Now if I could just get my hands on half the bitz Eberious seems to be able to draw from :P

Edited by Firepower

Great models Ebrious! They look a lot like firepower's, I remember him mentioning someone helping him to paint them or something along those lines, did you do his frirst few models? Seeing this has made me feel bad about my army lol, at least my LRC looks almost as cool as yours ^_^ .

Great to see the revival of the "would you like to fight for my crusade". It reminded me to do my annual re-chek of the chaplain. Ended up re-reading the whole thread. I still remember the excitement and anticipation of waiting for my model, and the simple smack in the face with a thunder hammer shock of awesomeness when I saw it. And then I was lolling on all the marshal wilhelm jokes all over again, and seeing thirdeye's champion and just going, "nothing survives a hit from that", then picturing ghazgull, a titan, and a planet under the sword and the ensuing devastation.

Goooooood times, very good times... It made me realize that the linky was no longer in my sig! Must have been lost when I was refreshing my profile. Put paid to that. Keep up the great work!

You are very welcome Roma, and just as soon as I finish re-modeling my baneraider that thread will be updated.

@Firepower, yes, yes you did. But with a new way I have been painting it might not be so painful. And indeed our armies do share similarities, as you said great minds and all. My BT bits pile and gubbins from empire and bret's are in need of restock. But can't find anywhere in the uk that has stock or at a reasonable price off ebay. For the most part I am able to salvage old BT bits already used but 'discarded' back into the pile. With crimbo around the corner and deplated pay next month for being on paternity leave, a restock isnt likely till feb :( , by which time I might have a reason not to restock "old" parts.

:huh: Four lines on my bits pile dilemma, I need to get out more, B)

As always Eberious, just excellent! Keep up the good work cause I believe your army should take the lead when the rest of us are ready to make the push at them feeble Necrons and make Imotek pay for his insults!............. Death to all Necrons! Edited by Tolek

Have I mentioned lately how your modelling abilities give me genuine near sexual pleasure? o.o

They do.

When I do my Baneraider/Fellblade it's just going to look like I'm copying you now...bah, get it done quick so I can do mine in the summer >_>

Thanks Tolek, I'm actualy due a match against a GW trainee/manager soon. Also my mate bought me Necrons for christmas. To leave the roleplaying for a moment, shall be good to finally do another army that is somthing other than SM. I have nids but I've had them for ages. Wasn't going to do crons, but as he bought me a few things I'll have to now ;) . Which means when I'm not using them I can get my missus to play them so to crush them with my Templars.

And back, yes. We will smash thier feeble forms under the tracks of our tanks and let them know this galaxy is the Emperors.

@Roesor, :lol: well I'm happy to know my stuff arouses you..I think.

Should have it finished tonight, it'll be on the WIP section thread when it is.

I -ing love you Eberious. Like really. I -ing love you.

That has to be the most badass chaplain conversion in the world.

Thank you, good sir, thank you.

Lol, remember that one. Why is it that your threads always attract one wierd person :D ?

I -ing love you Eberious. Like really. I -ing love you.

That has to be the most badass chaplain conversion in the world.

Thank you, good sir, thank you.

Lol, remember that one. Why is it that your threads always attract one wierd person :D ?

Wouldn't be as much fun without wierd people. :D

@Jackpet, thanks very much.

Will be trying to keep regular updates, but this damn Baneraider is taking for ever to re-model. Doing the decorations for the last few days. Just sitting here looking at it going..ummm. huh... :P and so on.

• 1 month later...

Just gonna bump this and keep it alive now that I have found it again. I am keen to see how the Baneraider is progressing because I am seriously considering having something similar! Or if you are looking at selling your..... :)

-Dono

The rebuild was going great, had to wait a while for certain bits to become available off bits sites to complete it. Saying that I now have those bits for over a week. Guess it started to do my head in with the amount of time on one project. I'm easily distracted or short attention span. Theres only a few things to do, so might actually get it done today.

I'll sell it for one hundred million dollars...>insert pic of dr evil here<.

• 3 months later...

I must say, I am still working on that Baneraider but is actualy near completion. I've been lazy this year with my Templars. The shame. :( , should have something painted this week. However, I bought the StormTalon. Just couldn't help it. Check it out so far.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;#entry3076832

Oddly enough, the first thing I did when I saw the new ST, was secure some Storm Raven tail bits with the thought that I would just extend the back fuselage.

You on the other hand have taken a very unique and interesting design change that significantly alters the overall look...and I like it a lot. I'm pretty certain that I will not include the "jowl" weapon mounts on mine as I prefer a sleeker nose assembly, but yours certainly works quite well.

Well done.

Cheers,

P.S. Just :P :tu: :wub: your dread

Thanks Honda. I left the side weapons there as works on this design(as you said) that and I like my flying boxes. I was tempted to buy 4 engines and attach them to a pred anhil tank(jus for gaks and giggles) but the missus would carve out my eyeballs and cut off my hands, and the Dread is pretty sweet.

Thanks Dirt Diglett.

Sooo, with the Dark angels challange I decided to answer the challange and join in before it was to late. My starting vow, missing from the pic are 5 neophytes.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC08357.jpg

1st of the Rhinos.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08404.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08403.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08406.jpg

1 Rhino in 1 day. From re-primed to finished, not bad for me.

Outstanding work, these Templars look great. Do you have any advice or links on how to achieve that "battle weathered black" look that you have on your models?

Thanks very much both,

This is basicaly how I achive the black,

The black is done over a few different layers. I started off with choas black primer, then kinda dry/wet brush a darkish grey, mainly focusing on the edges. Then the same dry/wet brush technique with a lighter grey, closer again to the edges. After that I used a very dark grey wash(almost black, but enough grey to take the jet black edge off). Started off with a some what watery wash, thickening it up with each layer as it got closer to the areas I wanted darker. Once all the detail work was done I then dry brushed bleached bone to pick up the edges(mostly due to my sasuage fingers rubbing the originoal highlighting away.

The white is vallejo white with a tiny bit of GW kommando khaki(unsure of new name), enough khaki to take the pure white look away. Then washed over with a mix of GW black and vallejo pazner aces dark mud. Applied in much the same way as I get my black. Then a wash of just the dark mud. Then if needed a wash of just GW black.I'll rub my finger over some areas just as I have applied the coat to randomise tones. The painted damage/worn effects is the black/mud mix )a little thicker than before and just random scratches here and there. Bullet dings and chips are actual modeled damage.

No need for pic at the moment but almost finished number two of two Rhinos. Then its on to that 10 man assualt squad plus the Marshal.

Thanks Sir_Isenhar.

Got the Rhinos done,

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC08420.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC08422.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC08418.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/E...ar/DSC08424.jpg

Next up. 10 man assualt squad and a jump pack thunder hammer wielding Marshal.

Edited by Eberious

Really inspirational stuff. For a beginner such as myself this really gives a good idea of what can be achieved. I've studied all the photos very closely.

Can you tell us what colors and technique you use for the eyes? Is it red gore base with blood red highlights?

Thank you for the ideas brother, I can't wait to start my painting.

Thanks very much Trask, and yes the colours are correct. But I started with blood red base then applied red gore, then a darker red gore the further back it went. Then a tiny red/orange highlight at the other end. Then finished with a gloss varnish.

• 1 month later...

wow... Imagine the penance Im going to have to do for missing this thread...

Have you ever been sitting in your car thinking that it looks pretty good but then some guy rolls up next to you in a Quarter million dollar dream machine? Yea, your that guy :(

now please excuse me while I sink down into the seat of my Ford focus.

I love the gritty effect you have achieved on your crusade. Id consider trying to replicate your technique but that would leave half my crusade looking significantly better than those already completed, and that just wouldn't be fair to them ;)