GK Kitbashing / Alternate Organisations / Henchmen Choices.

NurseNinja

1) Anybody planning to kit bash the grey knights with other kits, I for example diluted my space wolves with regular marines, and if so what are you going to dilute it with? Im putting sanguinary guard death masks on mine!

2)What other organisation could you represent with the GK rules? Obviously theirs the Adeptus Custodes, but has anybody thought of something else a bit weirder (Ork / Eldar / Tau proxy players need not apply) within the imperium? perhaps some distant fragment of the imperium isolated by warp storms, that dosent even know the emperor has ascended....

3) On a Practical note, the Henchmen unit!!!! a converters dream aside, what is the optimal arangement of troops for a) assault ;) gunline ? c)other stuff....

2)What other organisation could you represent with the GK rules? Obviously theirs the Adeptus Custodes, but has anybody thought of something else a bit weirder (Ork / Eldar / Tau proxy players need not apply) within the imperium? perhaps some distant fragment of the imperium isolated by warp storms, that dosent even know the emperor has ascended....

They'd make a nice elite Emperor's Children force. Take Crowe to represent Lucius and a whole bunch of Purifiers or Terminators with Halberds, Storm Bolters and Aegis to represent Marks of Slaanesh, Sonic Blasters and the Psychic Cacophony.

3) On a Practical note, the Henchmen unit!!!! a converters dream aside, what is the optimal arangement of troops for a) assault ;) gunline ? c)other stuff....

2)I guess Ad mech maybe...

3)Need to work out the points but a few psykers in a chimera or the like giving out AP1 S10 templates should be nasty although jokaero and servitors have their place for sure... say if you play against eldar. For combat I see a mix of crusaders and deathcult assassins being the norm... but acro-flaggalents (sp)could be good against hordes and with a priest great against lesser daemons such as horrors and daemonnettes and so on...

I see units being run in three ways... all shooty... all choppy or maybe 50/50... because if you are say hiding in a chimera then 6 psyklers, servitors or jokaero should put out a lot of dakka (+ the chimeras) but you have room for another 6 guys who can help you if you have to get into combat... and once you're in combat where psykers can't help you use them as ablative wounds.

You have a couple of choices like the priest and mystic I think people might take one in units if the feel they will help.

I'm thinking of potential conversion ideas for Corteaz.

So far I'm thinking about using this model for a hammer: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1060016

However I think that Hammers look pretty silly (specially in that pose) I'd love to use this model somehow : http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1530008 (The Sword looks a little iffy though)

Having a Unique Vindicaire would be cool too, but I can't really think of anything currently

I plan to kitbash some sanguinary guard with the new PAGK kits.

First, I want to test Sang Guard jump packs as a stand in for the teleport packs I don't really like. Not entirely sure if I will like the look any better, but will certainly give it a try.

Second, I want to use the sang guard bodies with GK helmets, halberds, and backpacks. One I'll paint up as a Custode just to see how it looks, and the other I'll try for a marble/alabaster statue look to see if I want my purifiers to look like that. The fluff does mention 'alabaster armor,' and I don't like the Ultramarine-style white helmets for Grey Knights.

I've already converted alot of henchmen for the upcoming codex =)

Arco Flaggelants have been created from Vampire Count Ghouls. Add in helmets, some guitar wire for cables and various weapons have replaced thair hands.

Death cult assasins have been made from Dark Eldar Wyches. Remove spikey bits. Remove pointy ears and replace their wicked weapons with more normal swords. Tada! Instant Death cult.

For crusaders ive done something special. First off all i have made a squad of Arbites enforcers with riot shield and shock maul. Space marine scout bodies. Cadian heads. The following Riot shields:

http://www.theassaultgroup.co.uk/store/pro...t=24&page=4

and shock mauls have been made from plasticard tubing.

Then for a second unit of Crusaders i've done another conversion. Take Bretonnian men at arms. The bodies with 'most' armor. And inbetween the halberd shaft and head i have put the little piece of the hunter killer missiles with the mechanical grill on it to give the halbers a mechanical look. Add a space marine backpack. More guitar wire to make cables between the halberd's mechanical piece and the backpack.

Small imperial eagles en seals on the shields and ... tada... Inquisitorial Tehc Guard, counts ass crusader? =)

Second, I want to use the sang guard bodies with GK helmets, halberds, and backpacks. One I'll paint up as a Custode just to see how it looks

That sounds awesome. If you can convert/green stuff a "plume" onto their helmet it would be perfect.

Second, I want to use the sang guard bodies with GK helmets, halberds, and backpacks. One I'll paint up as a Custode just to see how it looks

That sounds awesome. If you can convert/green stuff a "plume" onto their helmet it would be perfect.

Alternatively this-

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=214706

i've got a full squad of 8, going to run them as either count as PAGK or perhaps make them paladins, especially as I have a banner bearer.

~Gil :)

Archived