Lamenters Dreadnought Naraitus Zhaltek

mega_marines

Well, here's a good little side project of mine. Recovered from an abusive owner on Ebay, I rebuilt and fixed up this Assault On Black Reach Dreadnought as best I could. Hopefully I did him some justice.

Enjoy!

My Terror Of The Maelstrom:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0776.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0781.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0782.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0783.jpg

"Zhaltek was interred in M.39 after he fell in battle against Ork Pirates; largely thanks to his heroic sacrifice of jamming his arm down the Warboss’ throat and detonating a bundle of Fragmentation and Krak Grenades when the Ork managed to get a hold of the Lamenter in his Power Klaw. Having an exemplary record thus far, he continued even once interred. Among his saga, he has stormed through the corridors of Space Hulks and warships alike, slaughtering all who oppose him. On countless battlefields he has sent the foe running, or minced them in his grasp. It would seem none could challenge him, as he eventually grew bored of tireless war. Though, this attitude would change drastically during the Badab War. During the Murder Of Sagan, it was Zhaltek who personally led Breach-Assaults, time and time again; his Kill ratio reaching easily over 400 in the first day alone. When the Lamenters final battle of the Badab War came in the form of the Minotaurs, it would also be Zhaltek who would earn himself a permanent place in the Chapter Annals. When immobilized in the hangar bay of the Chapter Barque while protecting his comrades, the Lamenters Dreadnought killed all who came before him; holding the foe back and contesting the hangar for the entirety of the battle. The Lamenter even managed an enemy warmachine kill himself, smashing aside a Minotaurs Dreadnought that dare board the ship and draw too close for comfort, believing the Lamenter Dreadnought to be of no consequence to its own safety. It payed dearly for its arrogance, as its front glacis was blown open and the exposed pilot pulped to mush by the opposing Dreadnoughts Storm Bolter. Even upon the surrender of the Lamenters through attrition, Zhaltek still had the last laugh. Before the immediate order for ceasefire came, the mighty Lamenter fired his Fragmentation Cannon, shredding a Minotaurs Librarian who was about to deliver a killing blow to a brother who had already surrendered. Even in the Chapter’s Penitent Crusade, and eventual running into a Tyranid Hive Fleet, Zhaltek rejoiced. Whenever possible, he would stride forward, killing scores of Tyranid beasts and bugs alike. The mighty Dreadnought even managed the Crusades first recorded kill of a Hive Tyrant as well, shredding and pulping the Leader-beast into mush and gory entrails after ramming it into a nearby Land Raider with his own mass. Zhaltek’s legend can only grow from now on, it seems."

-Matt :whistling:

I love stories about rescued models, and love it even more when I find it hard to believe the model was treated badly when looking at current images. Good work, and nice fluff. Hope that Dread does you proud.

I love stories about rescued models, and love it even more when I find it hard to believe the model was treated badly when looking at current images. Good work, and nice fluff. Hope that Dread does you proud.

I have a feeling he'll do his fair share. I always loved Dreadnoughts. Probably one of the coolest parts of 40k.

I love how you did the claw DCCW. Might just have to steal that idea :P

Great job on the restoration.

Thanks man! It's super simple too!

Archived