How do we fight the Grey Knights?

DarkGuard

If you cant beat them join them eh Thade?

Heh, I am joining them (picking up the rest of my GKT kits in about an hour) but not because I can't beat them. Actually, I have yet to try. Not too many GK players out my way (in fact, I can think of one...and he doesn't field a Draigo-wing). I'm joining them because, let's face it, I've wanted to field GK since Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and - frankly - I fielded GK as allies with my marines for at least a dozen battles. They are buddy buddy; no way my marines would throw down with them. I guess it could be "a training exercise" but that's Exorcist territory. My guys aren't GK successors; they are Salamander successors.

Am I the only one that shies away from potential games because of their lack of fluffiness? :drool:

You know what might help against Draigo is a pair of melee-centric Dreads; Ironclad, DC, or Furioso...with the paired S10 weapons. If the Librarian doesn't have MotT (or if I can psychic hood it down) then they get what? Draigo + Librarian + Unit = three Hammerhand applications is S7, and they're glancing on 6s (melee dread front armor is 13). A pair of those dreads will paste them if they can get into melee. It's that "if they can get into melee part" that's tricky, with things like a Dreadknight that can jump and all of those psycannons.

Nemesis Daemon Hammers! Specifically, nemesis to anything with an Armor Value :P Though to be fair, the Dreads would chew up a few of the Paladins before succumbing to the Hammers.

But no Thade, you're not the only one. My friends and I always come up with a story for the battle- and it's never just a "training exercise".

I'd use Dreads for counter attack reasons, but only if I'm desparate or the odds are stacked in my favour.

Tactically it can be a good thing too. A Dread can hold up or weaken a squad of Purifiers or something, allowing you too finish them up with your resources spared if neccessary.

But those Daemon Hammers can bump up to S10 and be awefully scary.

Of course, if your Libby is still alive you shouldn't be as worried about S10 hammers. Remember that thanks to Ld difference you're already 1, maybe 2 pts ahead in the psychic hood test, and so should block most of his powers.

Being a Chaos man for now, I think it's just good 'ol firepower, as CQC will screw us.

My Plague Marines will slaughter them, in an Apocalypse. 3 rigged Baneblades. 5 Terminator Squads. 5 Dreadnoughts. 7 Plague Marine squads. 3 Defilers. One Portal with an Great Unclean One. I try to bring as much killshots as i can.

On the field, I mostly take out the Knights with the firepower, as that is what we specialize in. The Autocannons are twin-linked, giving me at least a chance for my Terminators to destroy them at a distance. I usually incorporate a zombie plan, so that they can overall distract the knights from my most powerful units.

As for deepstrikes and interceptor squads, I'm pretty much screwed.

As far as C:CSM and C:SW are concerned you should be fine taking them out with firepower. Catch a unit in the open and light them up with two plasma guns, and just for fun why not a a plasma pistol? Not to mention Vindicators and the ever prevalent krak missile spam. However, I know weight of fire is always good, but recently I've started to want to rely on my luck and not my opponents, so plasma weapons would be preferred in my opinion because instead of it being maybe one or two dead from flamers, it is one or two from plasma.

Archived