UK Throne of Skulls July

Iron-Daemon Forge

Hi everone

Just wanted to check if anyone attend Throne of Skulls July this year, 16th & 17th July.

I'll be going to this as a family memeber who live out side of Nottingham got a wedding a few days before this. So might as well stay a few days & make it into my summer holiday. Also I had a braillint time in April (last weekend) Throne of Skulls. One of the best tournament I have attended.

Be going with my Space Wolves again, got a few new models idea I want to do. While for Oct ToS unsure if it will be Space Wolves with Long Fangs or IW to mark there ten year of collecting be 5 Chaos Marines then Two Obliterators. But that for another time & another topic.

I should be down in Warhammer World the Fri 2pm if anyone is up for a few games. Then this time due to going down with family, be come back home on Mon instead of the usely Sunday after the event.

IP

As you know IP, I think I am going (not confirmed yet though), with my little brother.

I believe that Eddie Eccles might be going, as will Ian Campbell (with the Eldar), and possibly Sean Morris too.

Cool.

Yes might need to watch out with summer time & work in GW. Busy time & rarely time off.

As said SW for me. Though Oct ToS unsure. Chose is Iron Warriors due to being near ten year mark, be five Chaos Marines & 2 Obliterators to add. But same time with it going up in Oct be nice to do some update conversion on my Long Fangs. Both armies I really enjoy useing as IW are my babies as it where a army that made me. Both armies have been hard that work to make them into what they are & I never put this much energy into any other army as I have into these two.

Ahhh!!!

But for July SW. Got a few new models, but not as many hopeful as April one there. Was working right up to the Thur finish off models. Like wise got a Lone Wolf to make for Gathering of the Clans tournament in June, hate taken mY Dreadnought Rothgar out as it like rip my arm off. Are any of your lot going to Gathering of the Clans Rik??

IP

Yes might need to watch out with summer time & work in GW. Busy time & rarely time off.

Eddie is definately going, as he's bought his ticket now, so there's no worry about this anymore. None of the rest of us work for GW (anymore).

Gonna give this one a miss but definitely gonna make the October one, it's about time I popped my GT cherry.

That's fine Ryan, don't come then. We didn't want you anyway. :D

I dont think I'll make July but I am in negotiations with my wife to go in the Autumn. I like the idea of the games increasing to 1750pts. My one issue with the format is the scoring system. I would rather a system that also takes into account the pts value of your opponents army you have killed.

As for army, should I go again I my take my Drop Salamanders with Vulkan and all the trimmings :huh:

I dont think I'll make July but I am in negotiations with my wife to go in the Autumn. I like the idea of the games increasing to 1750pts. My one issue with the format is the scoring system. I would rather a system that also takes into account the pts value of your opponents army you have killed.

As for army, should I go again I my take my Drop Salamanders with Vulkan and all the trimmings :D

It's looking like many of the guys who went to the April one will go to the October one too. I'm looking forward to it and hoping to secure that top Marines position this time (me and AdamR were so close!).

Yep Oct set to be really busy for the ToS due to the pts going up. I know I'll have to be near my computer for when the ticket go on sale. Rememeber Captain Idaho don't miss out!!!!

Unsure what I want to take to the Oct Throne of Skulls think about it.

Iron Warriors - Would be near ten year for them in term of collecting. Army list just add 5 Chaos Marines & 2 Obliterators. Attended GT 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. Also a few local tournament in 2006, 2008, 2009

Space Wolves - Been useing them since Nov ToS as my new tournament force. For ToS Oct, I'll be adding two unit of Long Fangs. Models them up as sort of the Scout for my force, by this I mean be on foot, the eyes & ears of my Mech SW force.

So far use in Nov ToS, 40k Double, ToS April & two local tournaments so far since last year. Think Phil Kelly done a brillaint job to the codex.

Both armies are my favrout & both have had a lot of work put into them to make them into the armies they are today.

IP

Still in negotiations with my wife for October : :)

I have two lists I am considering:

1st is a mainly drop pod based Vulkan List with: Vulkan (obviously) Assault terminators, 1x Land Raider Redeemer 4x Landspeeders, 2x Tacs with Pods, 2x Ironclads with pods and Sniper scouts

2nd is a Land Raider Heavy Ragnar List (to give me a chance of fielding my version of Ragnar) consisting of: Ragnar, 2x Godhammer LR's, 1x LR Crusader xtra armour & Multi Melta, 3x Grey Hunter Packs, 3x Wolf Guard with Combi Melta & Power Fists, 1x Dreads with Assault Cannon, 2x Lone Wolves with Terminator Armour and chainfists.

The Wolf Army I can build out of my current collection. The Vulkan list will require some additions. What do you folks think?

Still in negotiations with my wife for October : :cry:

I have two lists I am considering:

1st is a mainly drop pod based Vulkan List with: Vulkan (obviously) Assault terminators, 1x Land Raider Redeemer 4x Landspeeders, 2x Tacs with Pods, 2x Ironclads with pods and Sniper scouts

2nd is a Land Raider Heavy Ragnar List (to give me a chance of fielding my version of Ragnar) consisting of: Ragnar, 2x Godhammer LR's, 1x LR Crusader xtra armour & Multi Melta, 3x Grey Hunter Packs, 3x Wolf Guard with Combi Melta & Power Fists, 1x Dreads with Assault Cannon, 2x Lone Wolves with Terminator Armour and chainfists.

The Wolf Army I can build out of my current collection. The Vulkan list will require some additions. What do you folks think?

I think

Wife - You could bring her along to Nottingham for a holiday. Allow her to go shopping, etc... could get away with that?? or just exsplain it a once ever so often thing being part your hobby. Or what ever work to allow you to go to April ToS :P

Be great if you where able to make it to Oct ToS. As said in my report it good it no longer once a year you can attend. Good you can go to as many as you wish & it keep up the banter when meeting people from past Throne of Skulls GT!! Like my Round 2, 3 & 4 games have fought two in the past & another one being a friend of one of those past oppents.

As for armies, possible say Space Wolves, get right into the spirt of thing with Bugman bar near & your Ragnar conversion was cool, allow me to take a better photo this time instead of the blurry one from April. But same time after reading Forgotten Sons from Age of Dakrness Salamander are sound cool & with the release of last weekend limited ed heresy novel.

Captain Idaho Posted Yesterday, 10:01 PM

Take the Wolves. They are much more fun!

Just to ask what make my Wolves fun in other people eyes.

As said I enjoy the list I use & will not be change that any time soon my 1500pts list (also got 1500pts of Wolf Wing), I like the models & for 1750pts would allow me some Long Fangs which I can do new conversion as my aim has & alway will be army nominee & to have x amount (5 rounds + practise games) of fun games. Same time as said IW have had a lot to them & then ten year of collecting.

Just though be intresting to see from other people eyes as it where.

Like wise it good to get into the spirt of a army. With Wolves "ahh my unit are going to be killed in combat. We'll in the name or Fernis, Leman Russ & the Allfather I will make there end worth of a saga!!!!" only for the unit to slaughter all & against all odds.

Or against Nids with a Trygon, how Odin alway fail vs Trygon. 9 Games now, 8 have all been Plasma going back into his face, he fail to hit in combat, it the S3 blast that kill it, while ToS he mange to get one hit & only got immobile in return.

IP

Still in negotiations with my wife for October : :ermm:

As IP has said bring her along. There is plenty of nice hotels around Nottingham and there is plenty to do around town. I've been to events with my wife in tow and she's enjoyed it. Basicly we get there a few days before the event and spend time going around Nottingham and having a few meals out, then I play the event and she goes around Nottingham either shopping or getting beauty treatments and then on Sunday she will sit in Bugmans reading and bringing me coffee and sweets at regular intervals. So basicly a mini weekend away ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just sent in my reg fourm to the Event team. There due in for 2nd of June.

Looking forward & got a few new models I am working on for ToS July. As said be the Space Wolves, enjoy the codex & how the army plays. If anyone is up for a game on the Fri night feel free to let me know.

IP

• 1 month later...

For those going down to ToS July, hope enjoy the event.

I'm going to be aim be in Warhammer World for 2pm. Wake up 6am get a train from my home town to Edinbrugh, then a train from there down to England. Should be battle my friend Paul Scott & his Chaos Marines.

Everthing pack, check & ready to go. Out of a experince of going down to a Nottingham tournament, got to say packing is possible the most difficult bit trying to rememeber everthing.

IP

Hey guys!!!

Got my tickets for me and my mate the other day (ticket numbers 2 and 3, lol), so looking forward to seeing you guys there.

I thought I'd mention, for those guys who need hotels, Travelodge are currently having a sale on rooms for the dates of the event. My mate and I got a family room (double bed and pullout sofa bed) for 3 nights for £68.50!!! If you book with them, book the Nottingham Riverside one because it's cheaper and book each day seperately or the website will try and screw you with there "Flexible rates".

Hope that helps a few of you guys.

See you all there!!!

(OOPS!!! Wrong thread, lol!)

So how did this weekend go?

Great, no issue as far as I seen in term of argument. Everone played in the right spirt. Table 1 last game had a lot of good stuff on the go. Lot of people watch, both player being repectful with each other.

I got another army nominee for my Space Wolves. While Eddie won with nice Tau. My battle report been posted up & get a link to photos later.

If there was one bad thing. It was be my hotel on Sun moring 2am group of drunk :sweat:: bash there hotel room door in & shouting to a friend inside to let them in for over a hour. Could not sleep, was awake 23 & a half hour by time I got home.

Then after the award, went to get train. Out of control kid in train, his mum not care or any sign of attesion, in fact she would have left him on the stastion way she was acting. Lucky when got off to get second train, get as far away as I was really not up for it, as just finish ToS & was awake over 18 hour mark around that stage.

But overall enjoy it. Can't wait for ToS Oct.

Also thanks to round 2 oppent Colin for give me a lift to Warhammer World on the Sunday. As well as Deathwatch Glasgow & Aberdeen lot for keep a eye out on me.

IP

So how did this weekend go?

Great, no issue as far as I seen in term of argument. Everone played in the right spirt. Table 1 last game had a lot of good stuff on the go. Lot of people watch, both player being repectful with each other.

I got another army nominee for my Space Wolves. While Eddie won with nice Tau. My battle report been posted up & get a link to photos later.

If there was one bad thing. It was be my hotel on Sun moring 2am group of drunk :): bash there hotel room door in & shouting to a friend inside to let them in for over a hour. Could not sleep, was awake 23 & a half hour by time I got home.

Then after the award, went to get train. Out of control kid in train, his mum not care or any sign of attesion, in fact she would have left him on the stastion way she was acting. Lucky when got off to get second train, get as far away as I was really not up for it, as just finish ToS & was awake over 18 hour mark around that stage.

But overall enjoy it. Can't wait for ToS Oct.

Also thanks to round 2 oppent Colin for give me a lift to Warhammer World on the Sunday. As well as Deathwatch Glasgow & Aberdeen lot for keep a eye out on me

IP

Who won overall ip? I was around at warhammer world but didnt see the results

Archived