Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A 1k Sons Army by Army310

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Like most when I read the grey knight codex I was like O God these guys are full of win, then as I read the fluff they started to sound alot like 1k Sons in the blacklibrary books.
This what I gotten done so far
Conts As Castellan Crowe and Knight of the Flame(not in a gay way) with a daemon hammer
Posted Image
Purifiers with Psycannons
Posted Image
Posted Image
Purifiers with falchions
Posted Image
Posted Image
And a Librarian with falchions
Posted Image

A group pic
Posted Image
Posted Image

I'm still working on these guys and getting more....
QUOTE (Death Wolf @ May 22 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THEY ARE THE SONS OF RUSS OF COURSE THEY ARE THE BEST TROOPS IN THE GAME!!!!!

"Only in the Space Marines of the Legiones Astartes are courage and expertise perfectly blended. In other troops they are present in varying degrees and proportions, and many scholars have debated their relative merits.
For my own part, I come down on the side of courage. For courage can sometimes make a virtue of inexperience. I myself have commanded Imperial Guard troops whose probitor units have achieved great things, because they were too inexperienced to realise that their goal was impossible." (Leman Russ on the military use of Whiteshields, De Natura Belli, Book XIV)

Irabrai

Irabrai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
Win. Love them.

Retrograde

Retrograde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 119 posts
Really nice to see those bits painted, very cool.

5th pic, guy on the left... so... awesome...

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
Pure win!

- Natanael
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

strongbow

strongbow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 274 posts
Fantastic stuff!
What bits are they? From the Tomb Kings?

Mac the knife

Mac the knife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
Its so deliciously heretical... I love it!

Solid Zaku

Solid Zaku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
Where in the Warp did you get these awesome helmets!? (and yes, I know some of them have Tomb Kings or Lizardmen bitz on them, I mean the actual helmets themselves)

Edited by Solid Zaku, 29 April 2011 - 04:52 PM.

Adeptus Psychologus

Arguably the most sigged frater in the Bolter and Chainsword

QUOTE (The Emperor's Champion @ Sep 26 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're a cruel, heartless monster! :o

warflag

warflag

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 46 posts
Seconded, helmet source, pronto!

Rest of the models is also very cool. Looks like an awesome project. Would love to see this get regular updates.

Cheers,
Flagzor

In the grim darkness of the distant future there is Hello Kitty Marines? wth is going on? Damn it...

Komodo

Komodo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 477 posts
Wow, sweet heresy :(
Wanna see more. Sure great idea.

Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 103 posts
Wow, these guys are full of win. I really love the helmets. Cant wait to see them painted
The main thing that Warhammer 40k has changed for me is, now every thing (I mean everything) is a bit to be used on a model.

"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

Brother Paen

Brother Paen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Nothing says heresy like a Chaos army using loyalist rules...love it.

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
i got them off of ebay last year i'll try to find them again.
thanks guys

"Only in the Space Marines of the Legiones Astartes are courage and expertise perfectly blended. In other troops they are present in varying degrees and proportions, and many scholars have debated their relative merits.
For my own part, I come down on the side of courage. For courage can sometimes make a virtue of inexperience. I myself have commanded Imperial Guard troops whose probitor units have achieved great things, because they were too inexperienced to realise that their goal was impossible." (Leman Russ on the military use of Whiteshields, De Natura Belli, Book XIV)

Mykra

Mykra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 215 posts

Fantastic stuff!
What bits are they? From the Tomb Kings?

They look like the second-party Ebay sculpts from Russia. Everyone who has gotten a set has said they are beautiful sculpts.

Link here with a large image of the contents:

http://z15.invisionf...?showtopic=4226
A haiku:

I hate broccoli,
it is disgusting,
why can’t it be meat?

Hotrod

Hotrod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 38 posts
Man, those models are beautiful and your painting seems to really do them justice. I can't wait to see more of these!

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
I found them they are $50 for ten of them(just top parts)
http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item336765feeb

I would get these as soon as you can.

Natanael

Natanael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,798 posts
I dunno if the more painted guy up there is done, but if so, may I suggest a brighter red in the future? In the artwork they are quite red, so to speak, and this dark colour seems more like the word bearers post heresy, IMO. Also, I'd like to encourage you to try NMM-gold :( It might be harder to do, mbut looks way better then regular gold, IMO.

But well, keep up the good work and I'll be watching this space. =)

- Natanael
The Tervigon and Termagants on my right unleash a salvo of spines and grubs at my small platoon, forcing Commissar Hogan to order his men to bite the Emperor's glorious dirt and go to ground. Casualties are light, and under Hogan's gaze everyone claims the dirt is delicious.

Six-barreled rotary cannon capable of solving 6,000 problems per minute. I love assault cannons.

"Are there wolves on Fenris?" I ask.
"Go and look for yourself" he tells me, "Go on".

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
I still got high light them but they are almost their.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

how I fell about chaos parking on them as.... well they don't know better:)

tyrannosaurus

tyrannosaurus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 362 posts
Lovely sculpts and your painting really does them justice, in particular I like the red, has a real depth to it ;)

FatMan

FatMan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 88 posts
Those are nice sculpts, albeit a little pricy, considering realistically you need around 30 (at least) but still if you got the cash, it’s a splendid alternative until FW finally gets around too to Sons. I enjoy your painting as well, patiently waiting for updates and perhaps a few “upgraded” pictures.

Laters
"I know that I know nothing!"

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Just got the Librarian done(but the sword)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ya 150 for the top part is alot but they are so good.

Lord Subodai

Lord Subodai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts

I still got high light them but they are almost their.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

how I fell about chaos parking on them as.... well they don't know better:)

Lord Subodai

Lord Subodai

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Hey man. Lovin the work on these guys -'caught the flavour perfectly. Nice job for dirty heretic scum.

:D

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Thanks for all the love
I redid the eyes on the Librarian
Posted Image
and some guys with guns
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
and all together shot
Posted Image

army310

army310

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 164 posts
Thanks guys.
This my Nemesis dreadknight
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
still got to paint this guy but what you all think?

Edited by army310, 08 May 2011 - 03:59 AM.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts
Wow, nice kitbash, brother. He looks... monstrous. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards