Hey Death Knight 2000 I use 4d modelshop its based in london I walk in but try this 4d i think they do on line sales.

I use evergreen scale models styrene .040" rod 1mm and rod and tube assortment and .060" x .060" (1.5 x1.5 mm) and .100" x.100"(2.5x2.5mm) strips most often but there are a few other sizes that escape me at the moment and sure drop glue.

( mods note i dont work for 4d just helping a brother out if a problem please edit as you see fit)

Hope that helps you out

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the monkey off my back i think. Hes little bit more ape than orangutan but thats down to my gs skills so pretty happy with him.

gallery_61107_6077_873510.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_238045.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_728442.jpg

Any comments critisms or suggestions welcome.

Heres a little back history to him, hopefully he will live up to it.

Why an infant Jokareo should come to be orphaned on the inhospitable world of Medusa much less adopted in to a family and raised alongside the sole male heir, only the emperor knows. But as these two grew they became inseparable and fiercely loyal to each other. So when the young heir drew into manhood and chose to make the pilgrimage to be deemed worthy of the Sons of Ferrus it came as no surprize that the young Jokaero stole away from his adopted family

• 7 months later...
Mate I can't believe I have never come across this thread before?! Excellent GS skills, love how you used it for the cables on the servo harnesses, keeping it all equall in length & thickness...bravo sir! The harnesses themselves are just pure eye-candy!!!! Very cleverly made, I am jealous with envy :cuss . Will cetrainly be following this thread with great interest!

• 11 months later...

Finally put brush to model and painted up some of my conversions wanted to get them posted before the next forge world heresy books are released and I'm accused of jumping on the Iron Hands band wagon (please let them be in the next book) .

All my models have been slightly art scaled even my earlier models have gone back under the knife.It was the squat pose that bugged me only sumo wrestlers take that pose with their feet so far apart and knees that bent, plus it didnt really fit with my mental image of the Iron Hands. I image them always relentlessly advancing so all my models are now striding forwards toward the enemy as most of the fluff suggests, the only exception so far is management ( everyone knows management stands around while others do the real work:whistling: )

These are very much a WIP as I am waiting for decal solvent so I can put the Clan Sorgol symbol on my boys before weathering them and basing them and building fluff up around each character. Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

gallery_61107_6077_20843.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_100563.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_15138.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_30845.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_73483.jpg

Oh and I finally based this little fella.gallery_61107_6077_6326.jpg

Thanks Firepower I know my high lights are pretty timid at the moment was tring to do more realistic paint scheme and was hoping the weathering i will do will make it pop a bit more if not, your right will have to man up and add more highlights Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

How I haven't come across this topic before now, I'll never know! :blink:  Excellent GS-fu and I really love the Jokaero.  Full of character ^_^

Finally put brush to model and painted up some of my conversions wanted to get them posted before the next forge world heresy books are released and I'm accused of jumping on the Iron Hands band wagon.

Hi Jokaero Weaponsmith! Your Iron Hands conversions are fantastic, I wish I had the plasticard skills you have! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your Heresy-Era Iron Hands - they are definitely in the next FW Heresy Book (Vol.2: Massacre), it was confirmed at the UK Gamesday 2012 Forgeworld Seminar.

I'm running an Iron Hands Blog on Facebook called The Anvilarium, where a bunch of Iron Hands collectors have been posting pics of our models and sharing info on parts & conversion techniques. Please feel free to drop by and say Hi if you're on Facebook!

• 3 months later...

Thanks Aquilanus for the kind words, I don't think that my GS skills are that great. I probably waste 3 out of 4 ribbons though failures ,re hacking and sanding, but once and a while it all comes together.

Nighthunters thanks for the huge compliment, I am a massive follower of your work if somewhat quiet follower ( your fault really your work leaves me gobsmacked)

Thank you Ursa I have visited The Anvilarium on numerous occasions and found it very inspiring, as for the forge world iron hands I cant wait.

Thanks to Grotsmasha's conversion threadshttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276255-grotsmashas-conversion-challenge-2-librarians-completions/page-6 I can bring you two new conversions .

Ariolus of the Iron Hands Sorrgol clan

gallery_61107_6077_63149.jpggallery_61107_6077_24078.jpg

and while I didn't do him for the chaplain conversion challenge it did inspire me to finish this my Iron Father.

gallery_61107_6077_58684.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_1957.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_58598.jpg

As yet he is unnamed.

Any suggestions on a name or the pieces themselves are welcome.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

Great work! I also made my iron father from that termi chaplin modell. It has such great authority :devil: The added adamantinum half of his head looks realy fitting. Well done!

May I ask how you did the skull on the librarians right shoulder pad?

Thanks Amadeo for the praise, hope you've had a chance to see the conversion thread there's some really awesome model on display there.

Zhoolda thanks really struggled with servo arm remember seeing your iron father half way through my build then lost it from my saves would love to know how you fitted the servo pack did you get brave and cut the terminator suit more up right at the back?

As for the shoulder pad skull it was a failed press mould to start with so had to resculpt it quite abit. Could have retried the press mould again but quite liked resculpting it as it made it more mine if you know what I mean, horns and lightening and all other green stuff are scratch sculpts. None of the photos show it but on the key ring as well as keys is a adjustable spanner made from green stuff.

Was thinking of naming my Iron Father " Zelut Ira " roughly means zeals wrath would welcome any suggestions or comments on this.

• 6 months later...

After been left cold by the fluff rewrite I have struggled to show any interest in my Iron Hands but after seeing DR's Mark 1 Terminator http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/283424-drs-projects-bullock-jetbike/ and his source material of Greyall http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/240161-clever-girl-charles-dance-like-you-mean-it/page-80?hl=%2Bclever+%2Bgirl&do=findComment&comment=3454000

I was more than a little inspired to try my own Mark 1 Terminator.

While still a work in progress the basic form is in place.

gallery_61107_6077_36774.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_15511.jpg

I was thinking of removing the square back grill and replacing it with a fan as it would be more in keeping with the rounded aesthetic of the mark one armor if any one had a photo or link that show the back of the RT model it would be gratefully received as would any suggestions.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

After been left cold by the fluff rewrite I have struggled to show any interest in my Iron Hands but after seeing DR's Mark 1 Terminator http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/283424-drs-projects-bullock-jetbike/ and his source material of Greyall http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/240161-clever-girl-charles-dance-like-you-mean-it/page-80?hl=+clever++girl&do=findComment&comment=3454000

I was more than a little inspired to try my own Mark 1 Terminator.

While still a work in progress the basic form is in place.

gallery_61107_6077_36774.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_15511.jpg

I was thinking of removing the square back grill and replacing it with a fan as it would be more in keeping with the rounded aesthetic of the mark one armor if any one had a photo or link that show the back of the RT model it would be gratefully received as would any suggestions.

Fantastic! :happy.: