Thanks guys for all the positive feedback much credit must go to IHF for his STC

I love the legs: articulated but solid.  Great pose, which could make it look ungainly or suitably massive.  Great job.

Glad someone noticed the legs they are about the third attempt, at one stage I tried to make miniature war hound legs they came together really well but I felt they strayed too far from the original RT model and IHF's drawing that and it made the model look like a giant turkey.

At the moment all the joints are fully articulated so I could work on the pose but still have a heap of pistons and hydraulic pipes to fit.

IHF I was really nervous about posting this, as it really you're baby I am really glad you approve

• 5 months later...

gallery_61107_6077_28224.jpggallery_61107_6077_72136.jpggallery_61107_6077_29669.jpg
BORC PATTERN HEAVY WEAPON SERVITOR

Borc pattern combat servitors are the blasphemous union of Astartes and machine.
The desecration of purity of the emperors ultimate creation and it's reduction to that of a mindless automaton
Not only does the pattern utilise Astartes anatomy as it's nucleus for its construction it appropriates the heavy armour of the Astartes in its construction making for a very resilient weapons platform.
Heavy bionic augmentation is prevalent in the construct and while wildly variety in its configuration all Borc constructs feature a tracked locomotive platform and the substitution of the backbone with that of a titanium spine. The need for this augmentation would appear superfluous as the genetically enhanced Astarte bone structure easily exceeds the load requirements. Speculation is that this augmentation is symbolic.
Weapon loadings are varied with all most all heavy weapons represented. It has been noted that almost all flamer variants utilise Salamander Astartes in their construct with the fuel source located in the abdomen.

Initial conjecture was that these anathema were the abhorrent creations of either the dark mechanicus or the traitors legions .
Analysis of surviving pic feeds and investigation of battle scenes has discounted this, as the
remanence of Borc pattern servitors have been found surrounded with the heaped corpses from traitor legions and their cultist hordes they have reaped.

While there is precedent for blasphemous usage of the Astartes from almost all loyalist legions in the construction of the Borc pattern servitor, most prevalent represented are that of the Raven Guard and Salamander legions.
Any attempts to investigate these legions pertaining to the Borc pattern servitor is met with open hostility and often death with the executed often been made into the crude caricature of a Borc pattern servitor.
Investigations and monitoring of these legions and Borc pattern servitors continue but are covert in nature.

gallery_61107_6077_92425.jpg

A work in progress and my descent into heresy has begun

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

Thanks for the positive replies guys.

Not Swedish this time firepower but Turkish. I hope to build up on the fluff once the Salamander Borc pattern is done as my IH are based on the faction in the book Riven.

Thanks for the complement on the sword it's a bastardised bastard sword for an utter B-----d, well it will be once I figure out how to make his legs look finished.

Teetengee the hand for the servitor is made of watch pieces but have no idea what the pieces are for or called but their are eleven bits to the hand I'm a bit gutted as I only just worked them out and have thrown or lost numerous of these bits over the years thinking I had no use for them. I should have known nothing in a bits box is rubbish.

Thanks for the positive replies guys.

Not Swedish this time firepower but Turkish. I hope to build up on the fluff once the Salamander Borc pattern is done as my IH are based on the faction in the book Riven.

Thanks for the complement on the sword it's a bastardised bastard sword for an utter B-----d, well it will be once I figure out how to make his legs look finished.

Teetengee the hand for the servitor is made of watch pieces but have no idea what the pieces are for or called but their are eleven bits to the hand I'm a bit gutted as I only just worked them out and have thrown or lost numerous of these bits over the years thinking I had no use for them. I should have known nothing in a bits box is rubbish.

ah, I meant the powerfist, but looking back, that hand on the servitor is really nice too, I hadn't seen it the first time through.

gallery_61107_6077_92425.jpg

A work in progress and my descent into heresy has begun

These are all amazing conversions! However I must know - were did you get all the bolts from for the Iron Hands marine pictured above? They look so much better (and more Iron Hands-themed) than the glass beads I have been using for bonding studs.

• 1 month later...

For you guys that havent seen it yet check out Iron Hands Fanatic work over in the heresy forum http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295603-30k-vehicle-automata-concepts-massive-auxilia-rules-post/page-5 His drawing is the basis of the below work.

LEGION MALEVOLANT DREADNOUGHT TALON:

gallery_61107_6077_49974.jpg

gallery_61107_6077_78492.jpggallery_61107_6077_47937.jpg

It is still a WIP so a lot is held in place by blue tack so maybe a little crooked and there is still alot of pipe work and detailing missing.

Still trying to forge out the character of the battle brother interred before I start embellishment of the dreadnought.

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

• 1 month later...