It's models like this that make me want to e-mail FW and demand that they do something similar. :wink:

With Combi-volkites?

That is a new thought I like. Combi-volkites... :happy.:

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_61107_6077_55407.jpg

I have pretty much finished up my second Mark One Terminator.

Really enjoyed the challenge of making him as a rendition of Greyalls work and trying to make him distinctly a son of Ferrus.

A few peices are just blue tacked on for both painting and the possiblility I might push the conversion of the peices abit further in the future.

Tried to keep close to orginal image while twisting it slightly to make it my own,. I hope Greyall likes it.

Any suggestions or comments welcome.

gallery_61107_6077_66540.jpggallery_61107_6077_26833.jpggallery_61107_6077_8703.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As per Jolemai's request before reckoning34's "correction".

The Gante Mark Ones on the Hunt and for comparsion purposes.

gallery_61107_6077_9022.jpggallery_61107_6077_44036.jpg

Also did some house keeping so now there are some measurements for the breast plate in the how to section.

As per Ovidius Incertus request some close ups of "Johnny"

gallery_61107_6077_18767.jpggallery_61107_6077_74055.jpg

For the arms I used the left straighter Bolter holding arm with hand replaced for the left arm and the left Maxmini bionic arm with the mounting socket cut off and hand replaced for the right arm. I hope that it helps.

I changed the flame thrower I think that it has given the model more balance .

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith

If not already said- what was used to make the wires, cables and antennae on the original iron hands and servo skulls?

There is a real mixture used to make the wires and cables.

Started with thin green stuff rolls which is great in that it is flexible before it is set but I found I easily deformed the roll, in placing it and that if I waited for it to hardened before placing it didn't look natural.

So have been using wires out of electronics as they are really thin and bending them into shape.

For the guitar wire looking cables I stretch a thin wire between two points and twisting a wire around and round the stretched wire .

It makes a really thin cable thinner than any guitar string but it does take time and patience.

For the antennae I use either watch parts or heat up spruce over a candle till it is soft taking care not to set fire to it and then pull it to stretch the spruce. I also use this method to make axe and hammer handles but as I stretch the spruce I twist it as well, with practice you can get some interesting results and it gets rid of those unwanted spruces.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After been inspired by Iron Hands Fanatic's 30K Vechicle / Automata threadhttp://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/295603-30k-vehicle-automata-concepts-luciferderedofuribundus/page-5 and his STC for a Legion Lucifer Dreadnought Talon I have been back at the conversion table and having a blast.

So here is the WIP as it stands at the moment.

gallery_61107_6077_47316.jpggallery_61107_6077_44308.jpggallery_61107_6077_100413.jpg

As you can see the basic form is there, awaiting time and funds to buy and mount the weapons and add detailing.

Of IHF options for the weapons in his data sheet what would you guys like to see mounted ?

Thank you IHF for the inspiration and I hope you will be happy in the knowledge that he will be a true son of Ferrus.