Tactica: Tactical Terminators

Mysticaria

Just a little anecdote from this weekend. I was playing an odd list with 10 shooty Terminators (2x Assault Cannon, 2x chainfist) with a captain in TDA with hammer/shield, and a TDA Chaplain attached. Faced off against a Forgeworld Armored Battlegroup list with 5 Russ tanks of various types, a Hydra, a Chem Tank, and two Chimeras full of troopers.

Landed the TDA in a huge 12-man blob on the left flank of the enemy army, square in front of an Exterminator. Fired assault cannons on arrival and took the main gun from the Exterminator with a glancing hit. I was shrugging entire turns' worth of shooting witht he 2+ armor save, and eventually rolled the entire flank with charges and assault cannon shooting.

Anecdotal, but Hammernators wouldn't have won me that game. They'd have eaten 4 additional plasma cannon blasts on arrival and tapped out. ;)

Just a little anecdote from this weekend. I was playing an odd list with 10 shooty Terminators (2x Assault Cannon, 2x chainfist) with a captain in TDA with hammer/shield, and a TDA Chaplain attached. Faced off against a Forgeworld Armored Battlegroup list with 5 Russ tanks of various types, a Hydra, a Chem Tank, and two Chimeras full of troopers.

Landed the TDA in a huge 12-man blob on the left flank of the enemy army, square in front of an Exterminator. Fired assault cannons on arrival and took the main gun from the Exterminator with a glancing hit. I was shrugging entire turns' worth of shooting witht he 2+ armor save, and eventually rolled the entire flank with charges and assault cannon shooting.

Anecdotal, but Hammernators wouldn't have won me that game. They'd have eaten 4 additional plasma cannon blasts on arrival and tapped out. ;)

wow, what a unit. Do you play that often? How do you like the chaplain in there?

-Myst

Is this just for Codex: Space Marines?

If not if it hasn't been mentioned I will just quickly mention BT tactical terminators... Pretty much like the standard ones but can take two heavy weapons in a 5 man squad and can get the Tank Hunters USR.

Anecdotal, but Hammernators wouldn't have won me that game. They'd have eaten 4 additional plasma cannon blasts on arrival and tapped out. :(

wow, what a unit. Do you play that often? How do you like the chaplain in there?

-Myst

I'd run it at seven men before with the chaplain in an LRC, and enjoyed it.

i also ran the same unit minus the captain at ard boys prelims. Rock solid in all games outside power weapon heavy charges. The chaplain gives fearless and the rerolls to hit, which are pure gold against vehicles no matter hour far they move. Three attacks per times twelve with rerolls means you get at least a couple sixes.

Archived