Would you like to fight in my crusade? Brother Taio

Eberious

Ok, I will have to cap it off with Mac_Atk's request. No more for now. I'll try to post wip pics where possible, as I usually just post finished modeled pics and or painted ones.

cheers guys.

BTW, tried looking for a deffinate picture of a hollow knight. But my search-fu is weak. Someone help with that please, as it sounds very awesome for the IC.

There is no picture for the Hollow Knight, as of yet. It was an idea I whipped up for one of our countless wish listing threads:

Jonas, the Hollow Knight:

An anomaly amongst the puritanical ranks of the Black Templars, Jonas is a mutant: a carrier of the dreaded Pariah gene. Hated and reviled, his induction into the Chapter was regarded by many as a mistake, despite the interest Helbrecht held in the cold youth and his unnerving abilities. Jonas was forced to undergo his life as a Neophyte without a true master, instead dragged into combat like a pet by a chained collar and forced towards the foul witches his lords sought to slay. Whether through self preservation or a desire to spite those who shunned his curse, Jonas would find weapons to wield all the same, often even slipping from his handlers to slay the enemies of Man himself, only to return to their custody (and punishment) voluntarily at battle's end. With each new act of insane heroism and pitiless wrath, the young knight would earn a measure of wary respect from his peers, until at last he became an Initiate in his own right, and soon after even a member of Helbrecht's personal household: much to the chagrin of his former keepers. What drives Jonas to continue the unrepentant slaughter of heretics and xenos is a mystery to his reluctant Brothers, for without a soul, there is no true possibility of redemption for the Hollow Knight.

So, visually, I only have a few ideas off the top of my head.

An old metal collar around his neck (from when he was dragged into combat like a pet) with the broken chain hanging over his breastplate. It could either be a memento of his early life amongst the Chapter, a taunt to those who still look down on him, or kept for some other unfathomable reason.

No helmet, and gaunt, pallid skin with a cold and pitiless expression: it just seems fitting.

A complete lack of purity seals, parchments, and scripture, as no one would be close enough or tolerate him enough to mark him out as anything special or even a true Brother. That, and they would likely not believe purity or holy scripture had any place on a being with no soul to make use of or be protected by holy writ.

A 2 handed sword, chipped, old, and beaten up named Witchflayer, his chosen weapon. No one in the Chapter would ever grant a mutant a true holy relic of the chapter, even a simple power sword, so he uses the most mundane of weapons and imparts his own special properties onto the blade.

A Sword Brethren cloak of sorts to represent his membership in Helbrecht's household, but perhaps with inverted colors or something else to mark him as the perpetual outcast.

Still, all of this doesn't sound like enough to make him 'stand out' as an IC. Im not entirely sure what the best way would be to make him do as such. Perhaps instead of just the collar and chain, he could have the same hanging from his wrists and ankles- not chained to weapons, but clearly from a time when he would be restrained and use at the Chapter's discretion and nothing more. One thing which is unique but hardly eye-popping would be to make the Cross a sort of footnote on his armor- tiny, and appearing only once, as he would neither earn many cross-marks as awards or feel the need to show alleigance to the Chapter that dislikes him so. I dunno, just spitballing, but I have confidence you could make something awesome out of it :P

Ah, one other thing. A symbol I saw a looooong time ago that more or less represented a souless person was a black silhouette with hole in his chest (yes, a lot like Hollows from Bleach, and no that wasn't the direct inspiration for the name ^_^ ). Anyway, perhaps some sort of painting on his chest like a hole or similar symbolism may work. A white knight with a black hole in his chest, for example.

Sorry for the wall of text but I'm still learning how to direct quote.....Anyway, It may not have been my place to do so but I liked the idea and have been working on a "White Knight" idea as well....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/DoggNewTrix/Black%20Templar%20Forces/White3.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/DoggNewTrix/Black%20Templar%20Forces/White2.jpg

He is of course a WIP so please be gentle

Edited by DoggNewTrix

Sorry for the wall of text but I'm still learning how to direct quote.....Anyway, It may not have been my place to do so but I liked the idea and have been working on a "White Knight" idea as well....

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/DoggNewTrix/Black%20Templar%20Forces/White3.jpg

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/DoggNewTrix/Black%20Templar%20Forces/White2.jpg

He is of course a WIP so please be gentle

Nooo! The hood is dark angel terittory, please get rid of it, it doesnt suit the model.

As for quoting, when you press the quote button, simply delete the

brackets in the text, allong with any text you dont want, and when you only have the text that you want left press the "wrap in quote tags" button beside the smiley face on the top of the box you are writing in.
Edited by Roma

@DoggNewTrix, are you saying you want to be painted white?. Cause thats asking a lot, lol. Seriously though, no worries as its meant to be a representation of yourself as a BT marine.

@Roma, wouldn't be to sure. If you don't over do on the hoods they fit in quite well with BT's. Personal taste really.

Anyways, currently trying to rummage thru my bits boxes for stuff. And damn you people, I'm going to have to order bits in lol. Oh what shame, I have to get more gubbins n stuff. Been on lates at work which pretty much means I get nothing done in RL. So just to keep you guys in the know, the project is still on.

Which reminds me, HERALDRY!!!!! for those who havent. Other wise you'll just look like another battle brother.

Edited by Eberious

@Roma, wouldn't be to sure. If you don't over do on the hoods they fit in quite well with BT's. Personal taste really.

Well, while saying they are an absolute no-no is an overstatement, I would think it just doesnt suit most bt models (that one included).

Would the picture I posted be considered heraldry?

Heraldry...hm, tough call. I can;t even stick to one heraldry design in my own crusade :lol:

Well, I would say quartered. Top right and bottom right quarters solid black. Top left quarter filled with black and off-white checkers. Bottom right corner a off-white field with a black skull (missing it's jaw in proper Imperial style of course). Dunno if that's going towards a Chaplain, biker, a Tank Commander, the Hollow Knight or what at this point, given all the ideas I've thrown out. But it seems applicable to just about any one of them :).

Edited by Firepower

Nooo, I don't wanna be a White Knight. I just kinda dug the "hollow knight" Idea and ran with it.... I would rather be a good ole Black, Black Templar on a bike....Sorry for the brief thread highjack I will submit myself to the chaplains lash...

@Roma, yes thats fine. I've got a JP chaplin to do anyways so I'll gear him up with a ornate chainsword counts as power weapon.

@Firepower, ok.

@DoggNewTrix, I see. Was thinking I'm going to have to explain, "no its just a initiate on a bike, not a apoth".

Jonas, the hollow knight.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07486.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07481.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07480.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07487.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07488.jpg

It's not exactly what I had in mind, but pretty damn close. Didn't have any heads to fit the theme, but this is the most expressionless one I have. Also the sword I had in mind was far to small, so I scratch built a new one out of a random bit of plastic.

C&C welcome.

Edited by Eberious

Wow, just wow. That is extremely cool, you have done a marvelous job. That model is pretty much perfect from Firepower's description! I guess I need to get off my ass and give you my heraldry so I don't end up with a plain knight! lol.

I would really enjoy being apart of this cool project of yours.

I would be honored to be your dreadnought. Venerable with 2x DCCW w/melta right arm and flamer left arm (Durandal variant)

A machine of destruction in the service of your crusade.

No Pity! No Fear! No Remorse!

Yeah some players are very creative with green stuff. My green stuff skill is getting there, but still need some practice. The only thing is having the money to get the things to practice on! ^_^

Its not about creativity for me, that stuff is HARD to work with, it sticks to everything, even your craft knife and I imagine a sculpting tool.

a little vaselene goes a long way with green stuff. It's always a good rule that all tools and fingers should be wet...

Cool, thanks for the commenst so far.

The greenstuff can be a right arse to work with. I made the pillar with a shop till recipt roll for the main structure and cut a round bit of plastic to pop on the top, then rolled out some GS. Wrapped it around and used a plastic tube to roll it out, little bit of cold water to avoid the stickage. Then on the grooves, I used a paint brush handle with water again, the used the knife to add the details, again with cold water.

@Tolek, I have two more dreads to build so thats cool.

@Nyustukyi, you can join the holy knights units.

@Acebaur, yes, yes you should. ;)

Simply awesome job with Jonas, brother. Easily better than anything I would've put together myself ;)

I'll have to send you a few of my other old ideas sometime and see what else you can slap together :D

heers Firepower,

Forgot to post this, just a little added details.

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07492.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07489.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x370/EberiousTemplar/DSC07491.jpg

Giving his reputation it would be one of the only things to not care who or what he is.

Yay or nay

Hmmm...strange accessory, though the reasoning for it is clever. I'm really not sure one way or another. One thing I'd recommend is to try moving Birdy into a couple of less-perfect poses. Instead of being dead center on the pack and facing straight ahead, perhaps move it towards or onto one exhaust or another, and have it facing more to one side.

The only thing that really irks me about it is how other Chapters already have raven totems, like Corax's kids and the Chooser of the Slain that SW use. Perhaps instead of being a black raven, it could be a solid white...

At any rate, I trust you to make it work. :tu:

Sounds epic. I love me a sword. Partly because I have learnt how to use actual ones lol. Maybe more than one sword for that reason. Call me sword hunter lmao. I am sure whatever u choose to do will be epic. The models I have seen so far not only suggest it but reinforce that it will be fact.

The bird is actualy ..well not that far off being in the middle. Its on the ridge just before the exhuast. Its on blutack at the moment so doesnt quite look right.

I'll work with it, just an idea. Then I might not use it.