Would you like to fight in my crusade? Brother Taio

Eberious

Was a little worried that the ork would distract from the base but turned out just right me thinks. As always the greenstuff looks a little messy but the right leg joint is pretty smooth.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08746.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/...r1/DSC08742.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/...r1/DSC08741.jpg

Edited by Eberious

Model: "I claim this Ork in the name of Scotland!"

Jasper: "But brother, you haven't a flag..."

Model: "Pah! I can spare half a sword instead, I think...." schlink! "Yup, works just as well."

Jasper: "Hm, so it does. Well done. By the way, what is a Scotland?"

:P

Very epic. Not quite as epic as standing over the corpse of an alien kitten monstrosity, mind, but still quite epic. :D

Now paint damn you! Paaaaaiiiiiiint!

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08724_zps59d934cd.jpg

Brother Micah, Imperial Fist and Templar of the First Company, snorted with effort, grinding the whirring, broken teeth of his chainsword into the throat of the Iron Warrior before him. In a hail of sparks and blood, the Mark III plate gave way, sending the son of Perturabo rolling down the gore-thick trenchwork into a wall of razorwire, nearly decapitated. The burnished plate of his foe joined the bodies of dozens of others, entangled like flies in a web. Far too many of those bodies wore battered yellow armour, brothers that Micah had known all his life, men he had stood shoulder to shoulder with on the walls of Terra. Seeing no threats for miles, and utterly alone, Micah finally allowed himself to rest, planting the tip of his chainsword into the trench's firing step and resting his hands upon the grip of his blade. He craned his mark VI helm towards the distant offensive, the abused plate grinding and buzzing with extensive damage. Cobalt and gold warriors could be seen the haze and smoke, leveling pillboxes and embankments, slowly pushing the Iron Warriors Legion back to their ships across killing fields of burnt out armour and hasty positions made of corpses. Those ships could be seen taking to the skies in waves, weaving between tracers and surface to air missiles. Above all, the Eternal Fortress itself burned, the chest-pounding blasts of artillery rounds cooking off in the blaze drowning out the sounds of war. After weeks of constant fighting, the Iron Cage was finally broken.

But the cost....

So many dead. Almost the whole Legion, bar a few thousand who would carry the mantle of the Second Founding, forming understrength 'Chapters' that would still take decades of recruitment and rebuilding before they could ever see combat, or be at anything resembling full strength. Looking down at himself, Micah's Corvus pattern armour matched his mood. Blackened by fire and cooked blood, his plate was no longer yellow, but the color of charred carbon, broken only by severe damage to his armour. On his left shoulder was once the clenched fist of his former legion, utterly shattered by an autocannon round weeks ago. On the right, the cross of the 1st Company was displayed proudly, still intact, if somewhat filthy. He nodded at this, the unintentional symbolism somehow fitting. He was forever a Templar now, blackened by the betrayal of former friends, crusading from this day unto eternity. Micah bent down, picking up a notched and chipped knife, and began carving into his vambrace. When he was done, the words "Iron Cage" could be seen, fresh cut in gleaming silver, with this days' date below it. Tossing the knife away, Micah quietly whispered to himself. " May every future Templar whom wears this plate remember that though our enemies are diverse, there are some foes who should never be forgotten. Death to the Iron Warriors." Looking back into the muddy kill-zones, He could see a pair of Perturabo's sons crawling through the grime and over corpses, one missing his left arm with a hole through his stomach, the other legless and writhing. Shaking the lactic acid from his limbs, Micah tore his helm from his head, hefted the chainsword lashed to his right wrist, and begun stalking down the muddy berm towards the crippled Iron Warriors. Hatred and a zealous righteousness filled his hazel eyes, the hot winds emanating from the distant inferno of the dying fortress blowing through his dirty brown hair, and prickling at his sweat-sheened pale skin, loosening the filth and dried blood that had accumulated over the last few weeks. The rivulets of sweat uncovered the Raptora Imperialis tattoo on his neck, the Unification era honour dulled to a faded gray from age and the light of a hundred alien suns, far away from his birthplace in the hive-ruins of Nord Merica.

Almost on top of the broken Iron Warriors, Micah suddenly recognized one of them, the warrior missing his arm. Not from the recent battle, nor from the Siege, nor the seven years preceding that. Instead, it was the plate of an old friend, a man named Josha, whom he had fought alongside during the Unification back when they all wore the gray of the fatherless Legions of old, and even before the Legions had selected them to carry the Imperial Truth into the stars. Josha's helm turned towards him and tilted, surprise threading through his voice, "Micah? Is that really you?" The shock could be heard, even over the vox. Josha set down the legless Iron Warrior, and used his one good arm to remove his own helm. A weathered face, lined with scars and age, met Micah's eyes, so much like his own. A matching Raptora tattoo sat upon his neck, just as faded, but broken by scar tissue in the shape of an eight-pointed star. Josha's eyes wavered, unsure at Micah's stone-silence. " Brother? Speak to me. Do you not recognize your kin?"

Memories of their childhood together flashed passed Micah's eyes; Josha saving him from a feral rad-wolf; Micah caring for Josha when he was near-death with D'Troi Flu; the pride and sadness in their genetic father's eyes at seeing both his sons being selected by two different Legions....

The chainsword suddenly roared to life in his blackened fist, spitting mud, metal fragments and old gore, forever annihilating the memories of family and shared youth with it's action. Josha's eyes went wide as he realized what was about to happen, stumbling back when his torn abdominal muscles failed to function correctly. Micah's final words to his genetic blood-brother were to be repeated by tens of thousands of Templars for tens of thousands of years, but never again with such hatred and conviction...

"No Pity. No Remorse. No Fear."

Edited by 1000heathens

Thanks, guys. Honestly, I wasn't really thinking about it; I was mostly trying to chase down my five young 'uns while I was typing this up. Just wanted to make a little 'thank you' to Eberious for making myself in Templar plate.

Edit: Made an addition and ran the story through spell-check.

Edited by 1000heathens

Well, what can I say but HOLY AWESOME! . I think its been told with such detail I can see exactly where you are, the landscape, the men and the hate for the enemy. Really loving the twist(you could call it) at the end, this certainly registers on the epic level. So thank you very much for your way of saying thanks.

@Firepower, yessssssssssssss, the piantstings will begin real soon. And I'll be expecting that cake. :(

:) it's...it's beautiful! Eberious you have really outdone yourself! It's so bad ass much thanks to mad artificer! Cookies for you friend! I will have to make the model a decent back story.

@Firepower those xenos kittys are a plague to us all ;D @1000heathens You made my spine shiver with that short but epic tale!

EDIT: oh and Eberious, when it comes to painting can I have a white stripe down the front of the beaky helmet with another green stripe inlaid? :sick:

Edited by ScottishSmurf96

Thanks all,

Next up...

Marshal laeroth: I had an idea to wrap the purity seals ribbons around his wrists with the wax seals here and there. However this was after I had finished, and don't want to undo what I've done.

I couldnt get a better pic, I hate my camera.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08718_zps842d64c2.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08716_zps905367c6.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08707_zps0a28b5d0.jpg

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/DSC08708_zps87175405.jpg

Ooo'k, for some unkown reason when using the direct link it attaches unwanted adverts to it now, great!. Thats deeply annoying.

What did you use for the gold chains and where did you get them?

Well at the chance of sounding sarcastic I used ..hobby chain :yes: :P . I got them from a local model shop who are no longer in buisness. Currently I'm trying to find another source in the uk that do the tiny chains before my supply runs out.

Well at the chance of sounding sarcastic I used ..hobby chain :P :P . I got them from a local model shop who are no longer in buisness. Currently I'm trying to find another source in the uk that do the tiny chains before my supply runs out.

Have you tried looking for jewellery chains? I think those might be worth checking out.

Well at the chance of sounding sarcastic I used ..hobby chain :D :P . I got them from a local model shop who are no longer in buisness. Currently I'm trying to find another source in the uk that do the tiny chains before my supply runs out.

Darn, yeah I have been trying to find some in the US with no avail :(

@Olisredan, yeah, but then forgot. It's not to urgent at the moment as still have some will try and keep that in mind.

@saadeath, I'know you would think it would be more widely available. Unless I'm typing in the wrong info on my search fu quests. Found some places but awalys check the site out and if I get that feeing like..I'm going to pay for it and never get my stuff..puts me off.

And happy halloween everyone!.

http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh627/EberiousTemplar1/IMG_2508.jpg

Its a bit late in the day, been out all day. So better late than never.

• 4 years later...

Right, firstly let me genuinely apologise for this unfinished vow to honuor those brethren who submitted themselfs to this. I feel regret for those Battle brothers who appear to no longer visit the B&C and those yest to have been made and painted. Not to go to much into an explanation, but had massvie hobby burn out at the time and then dib and dabbed into other armies and stuff at the time. Lacking any real motovation to get anything done to completion I never got the gusto to get back into the swing of things. Real life and lack of gaming also added to it.

Anyways with that outta the way lets get some :censored:  done!

I would use my Crusade thread but wanted to keep the wip on thses guys here till completion then one update on the other.

I'll post the link here for those who want a gander at my stuff included there.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/224533-the-suoirebe-crusade-cookies-happy-holidays-all/

Right to the pics, only one though. As part of the challenge I have five(no more, no less) PA marines.#

Acebuar                                                  Sword brethren, front center.

Hyaenidae(I believe, changed name)     crusader  front left.

Brother Taio                                            crusader back left.

Fauxfox                                                   crusader front right

and just one of my own, modeled after some art work. in the back right.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh481/imperialfists1/021_zpsc8vsycg5.jpg

Now comes the choice to paint my black the way I have been, or to copy the hard black that GW recently done for the new Cypher model. Really like how they got that and possibly quicker than what I currently do. Which could result in a redo of part if not all model I have already. Down the line anyways, would just be insane to blast that out in one go.

Anyway Brothers, good to be back painting the black and white for now. Will be in and out between my Custodes and 30k fists. But my aim will be to keep regular updates on each.

~Eberious

Throne, I missed my mini-me way back when!

Stellar job on mine and the rest, and welcome back to the Black!

I personally would stick with your existing black - don't want to get burned out re-painting minis that you've already done well.

As for finishing your vow, remember that the Crusade is Eternal, after all... :wink:

Now comes the choice to paint my black the way I have been, or to copy the hard black that GW recently done for the new Cypher model. Really like how they got that and possibly quicker than what I currently do. Which could result in a redo of part if not all model I have already. Down the line anyways, would just be insane to blast that out in one go.

Anyway Brothers, good to be back painting the black and white for now. Will be in and out between my Custodes and 30k fists. But my aim will be to keep regular updates on each.

~Eberious

Duncan's quick tut for the Fallen black PA was inspiring and made me second-guess my method, but I wouldn't go into repainting- just fluff it away as some new reinforcements to the existing force.

Your army looks incredible, and I love the devotion poses with helm and chainsword, not to mention the full-out attack.

It is good to have you back brother, but I must admit that I feel quite inadequate after seeing what happens when you unleash your modeling skills. Very humbling.

Back before ETL I first kicked off and I was trying to decide if I wanted to be part of the Crusade, Eberious crusade is one of the armies that kept drawing me back to this forum.

#eberiousfanboy