Bjorn the Fell Handed WIP (pic heavy)

Iacton Qruze

Love it. Not sure how ambitious you wanna be for the left panel... could mimic venerable dreadnought arm plates and paint a saga in runes coating the whole panel... just a thought. The right panel is awesome though!

I actually have a critique.. (*ducks a flying chair*) I think the wolf head is a bit too saturated in the orange spectrum. Personal preference, I guess.

I think it would be better to put a real bindrune on his body would be better and cooler and those people of GW would then know how a real rune would look like.

Absolutely stunning! Going to enter it in Golden Demon?

I'm strongly considering it. Things seem to be aligning in my favor for it, so far.

Love it. Not sure how ambitious you wanna be for the left panel... could mimic venerable dreadnought arm plates and paint a saga in runes coating the whole panel... just a thought. The right panel is awesome though!

I actually have a critique.. (*ducks a flying chair*) I think the wolf head is a bit too saturated in the orange spectrum. Personal preference, I guess.

I don't think I'll know until I actually start painting it, but I've never stopped painting something because I thought it was "too difficult".

It's funny, but I see how it totally looks orange in the photos. At the risk of sounding contrary, there is no orange in my paint mix for the skull, and looking at it in person, it's a pale bone in the same tones as the teeth on the upper pelt. bear with me though, once I'm done with it, I'll get some solid photos in the lightbox for my CMON submission, and I'll hopefully post something more true to life.

how about the sigil of the fire wolf, since when you look closely to the artwork of bjorn in our new dex you can spot that sign on his legplate

I saw that... might be a good idea, since I referenced his older left legplate with this model.

I think it would be better to put a real bindrune on his body would be better and cooler and those people of GW would then know how a real rune would look like.

I started looking at bindrunes. Depending on what I come up with, I may also use them on his "gauntlet", since that's a space that will need some freehand too.

@ hendrik, Was the Firewolf Bjorn's Great Company Mark?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone knows Bjorn's GC mark. You could speculate that the fire wolf was his, though, based on the newer codex artwork.

At the risk of sounding contrary, there is no orange in my paint mix for the skull, and looking at it in person, it's a pale bone in the same tones as the teeth on the upper pelt.

Sorry, when I referred to the wolf head, I meant the pelt draped on top.. particularly the snout of the wolf head (connected to the pelt :wacko:)

Oh okay... Yeah there's a lot of orange in that one. Most of my pelts are based on Grey Wolves, and to break that up, I thought I'd try out a Red Wolf, and used this picture as my reference.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_W90V87w3sr8/TM5qVVtvK6I/AAAAAAAAAGA/BUYJQ8tNIaY/s1600/red_wolf.jpg

That other panel demands to done equally well. Some runes would be nice. And entering it in a Golden Daemon is definitely a good idea. I fully expect to see this on the GW website with a first place.

Quoted for excellence.

Thanks guys. I have to answer a call by my fellow wolves.

I bought my ticket, booked my flights, and booked my hotel across the street from the convention center. ;)

He will be there, along with a more updated Njal in Runic Armor that I converted, assuming I get him painted in time. :lol:

Ugh... what a week. Deep withing the Fang, Bjorn's restoration has moved at a snail's pace, owed mainly to indecision and rebuilding of his plasma cannon arm socket not once, but twice. Not much to show, but I've got the weekend, and have cranked my way through most of the boring parts of the torso. I hope to be done and moving onto the banner properly, by the end of the weekend. We'll see how that goes.

Anywho, a few pics the first showing the end result of his new arm socket. I extended it, so that his barrel is parallel to his skull's LOS.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/4/230533_sm-Bjorn%20B3.jpg

An overall shot; you can see where I've started blocking in basecoats on the arms, as well as the banner freehand and the other panel's freehand. I opted for something simpler so as to not take away from what was supposed to be the more eye catching panel. I'm going to try my hand at a stitching effect on the banner.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/4/230531_sm-Bjorn%20B1.jpg

And a more top-down shot, as I haven't really showed a full shot of the top wolf pelt before.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2011/6/4/230532_sm-Bjorn%20B2.jpg

I didn't take pics, but I wasn't happy with my prior attempt at the knotwork on his thigh plates, so I redid them. I'll take a pic of that for my next update, but I'm much happier with them now. I'm also going to redo his right shin plate; I think there's too much weathering, and I think I can do a better, more interesting freehand this time around.

Thanks for looking! :P

All I gotta say is... suck it all you grey-grey Wolves! Blue-grey ftw!!

Ahem.. I mean. This is beautiful. Yeah.

Grey-Grey FTW!!! I think it looks blueish because of the light and its currently not done on the arms.

Pfft, the legs and torso are done and that looks plenty blue to me! Booyah!

:wink:

My deep grey is Adeptus Battlegrey, with a mid of Codex Grey. My highlighting color though is a pale greyblue, and all of those get a dot of Raw Umber mixed in, to mute it down. The blue still shows through in photos for some reason, but if you look at it in person, it's pretty much grey-grey. Some of the more prominent blue-grey areas you might be seeing (the arms) may also be coming from where I did a pre-base coat with the airbrush to help me get down where I wanted my lighting to land. I didn't mess with muting the colors there, and so they're pretty bright.

You know what would be cool if you would put bjorn's name in runes on it

I'm actually going to do that on the wrist plate of his claw. Hopefully you guys will like what I'm going to lay down for the new shin plate. ;)

This is by far, the best conversion I have seen to date. The fact that it is of Bjorn (who hold a dear spot in my heart) makes it all the better.

Amazing work here. I just wanted to stop lurking and finally comment on the amazing progress.

End of Line

Absolutely god awful effort. The most terrible conversion I've seen. You should be ashamed.

:P :D No, I've not gone insane I am definitely kidding.

The plasma cannon angle to head is much much better. Really like this mini.

what an absolutely gorgeous model. I'm more interested in seeing the rest of you Space Wolves, I'm sure they are equally spectacular! welcome to the Fang wolf brother, you deserve an ale!

Archived