NL's 8th [upd: 22.8.2014]

DarkVen

SanguiniusReborn

You mean the champ (the one holding a sword)? If yes, then I admit - I see a little gap, and the arm with plasma gun looks a little bit lower than it normally should be. Oops pinch.gif

I think that the entire squad looks amazing.  They are definitely a great representation of your modeling and painting skills.  I was wondering if the weapon of the last "regular" squad member pictured right before the champion's pics is custom sculpted?  It looks to me like one impressive combi-plasma gun.

Very nice!

I love the chunky look to the armor, especially in the legs. They look like the sweet, heavily armored juggernauts they are. 

Outstanding job!

Also, your bronze colors are very pretty.

SanguiniusReborn

You mean the champ (the one holding a sword)? If yes, then I admit - I see a little gap, and the arm with plasma gun looks a little bit lower than it normally should be. Oops pinch.gif

No no, I mean the first one in descending order, with the cadian helmet on his belt.

mikhail

Many thanks! Yes, I thought that a plasma gun from DA biker kit could serve well both in plasma gun conversion (and maybe one day in a combi-plasma). I just replaced the end of the gun and added plasma-core holder at the bottom.

Flint13

Thank you. I actually added some GS to their legs, so they are bulkier than the original models indeed.

I've spent quite a while figuring this tone of bronze, actually - I'm glad you are happy with that.

batu

Thanks. These can be considered as a little sneak-pic of how I want to customize my future CSM squad.

SanguiniusReborn

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, you're right. I should cut the arm a bit lower, now it's looks too long. If you speak about shoulder connecting to torso - so was the original miniature, unfortunately I just didn't pay attention so I could correct it :(

Tanith Ghost

Many thanks. I like that feeling too, and I'll try to keep it further.

Now I'll need a week or two for my next entry, depending on my productivity. Hopefully it won't take long.

Flint13

Thank you. I actually added some GS to their legs, so they are bulkier than the original models indeed.

I've spent quite a while figuring this tone of bronze, actually - I'm glad you are happy with that.

The heavier leg armor looks awesome! They are exactly what I imagine evil breacher marines to look like, with heavily modified MK3 warplate.

Do you go about sculpting the thicker legs a specific way, or is just just looks "organically" correct with the model?

Biohazard

Many thanks for your kind words, Bio.

KrautScientist

Thank you! Although I already see some mistakes I've made. I'll try to keep them in mind.

Flint13

I took the legs of the new DV chosen as an example of how thick leg plates should be and just went with it, if I understand your question correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived