Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Space Wolves 500 point Tournament List

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

chrisc86

chrisc86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
Ok so my local store is starting an escalation league with a 500 point tournament. We are also using special rules which are as follows.

• Armies cannot exceed 500 points.
• You must have at least one Troops choice.
• You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one.
• No model can have more than 2 Wounds.
• No Special Characters.
• No 2+ or better saves.
• No vehicles may have an armor value of greater than 33 (Front + Side + Rear).
• You may spend your remaining points from anywhere in the Codex using the Standard Force Organization Chart.

I believe that these are the old 40k in a flash rules but I can’t remember. So here is my list for it.

Space Wolves

Rune Priest 110
-Chooser of the slain
-Murderous Hurricane
-Living Lightning

8 Grey Hunters 185
-Power Fist
-Melta gun
-Rhino

6 Long Fangs 205
-X3 Missile Launcher
-X2 Heavy Bolter
-Razorback w/Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

What do you lads think. The great thing about out store is I think pretty much every army is going to be represented besides maybe sisters of battle. We have something like 2 Blood Angels, 2 Grey Knights, 1 Dark Eldar, 1 Eldar, 2 Orks (one of these guys is using about 6 kans), 1 Imperial Guard, 1 Tau and 1 Tyranids.

I think that the assault cannon will get a few sneers on here but I think that at such a low point value especially with these restrictions that it is a great weapon. I am not a fan of the Las Plas that everyone like right now either. I have found that I would rather have a twin-linked lascannon.

Some other lists I have thought about bringing were switching out the razorback for a landspeeder with Multi-melta and heavy flamer or just ditching the long fangs and using two grey hunters squads. I am worried a little about that kan wall though is why I went with the long fangs.
Anyway do you have any suggestions? Critiques?

Saekyn

Saekyn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 143 posts
  • Chapter Name: Icehowl's Company

Ok so my local store is starting an escalation league with a 500 point tournament. We are also using special rules which are as follows.

• Armies cannot exceed 500 points.
• You must have at least one Troops choice.
• You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one.
• No model can have more than 2 Wounds.
• No Special Characters.
• No 2+ or better saves.
• No vehicles may have an armor value of greater than 33 (Front + Side + Rear).
• You may spend your remaining points from anywhere in the Codex using the Standard Force Organization Chart.

I believe that these are the old 40k in a flash rules but I can’t remember. So here is my list for it.

Space Wolves

Rune Priest 110
-Chooser of the slain
-Murderous Hurricane
-Living Lightning

8 Grey Hunters 185
-Power Fist
-Melta gun
-Rhino

6 Long Fangs 205
-X3 Missile Launcher
-X2 Heavy Bolter
-Razorback w/Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

What do you lads think. The great thing about out store is I think pretty much every army is going to be represented besides maybe sisters of battle. We have something like 2 Blood Angels, 2 Grey Knights, 1 Dark Eldar, 1 Eldar, 2 Orks (one of these guys is using about 6 kans), 1 Imperial Guard, 1 Tau and 1 Tyranids.

I think that the assault cannon will get a few sneers on here but I think that at such a low point value especially with these restrictions that it is a great weapon. I am not a fan of the Las Plas that everyone like right now either. I have found that I would rather have a twin-linked lascannon.

Some other lists I have thought about bringing were switching out the razorback for a landspeeder with Multi-melta and heavy flamer or just ditching the long fangs and using two grey hunters squads. I am worried a little about that kan wall though is why I went with the long fangs.
Anyway do you have any suggestions? Critiques?

Out of curiosity, what made your store pick those rules? No Drop Pods, Predators, Vindicators, Land Raiders, Terminators, Dreadnoughts, Wolf Lords, OR any of our special characters? I don't think I'd play in such a tournament, personally...

As for your list, it's decent, but I'd avoid CQC. You'll definitely chew up footsloggers and drown people in mass fire, but I think once a squad of boyz catches up to you, you might be in trouble. Just off the top of my head.

razcalking

razcalking

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 45 posts

Out of curiosity, what made your store pick those rules? No Drop Pods, Predators, Vindicators, Land Raiders, Terminators, Dreadnoughts, Wolf Lords, OR any of our special characters? I don't think I'd play in such a tournament, personally...

As for your list, it's decent, but I'd avoid CQC. You'll definitely chew up footsloggers and drown people in mass fire, but I think once a squad of boyz catches up to you, you might be in trouble. Just off the top of my head.

They're basically Combat Patrol rules with the addition of an HQ choice. It's a great way to run quick games while keeping an even playing field at low points. Been around since 3rd edition and works great.

Looks like a good list to me. Assault cannon will work better than usual because there tends to be a little less mech in these types of games. However, if you dropped it and just kept the TL-Heavy Bolter, you could add Mark of the Wulfen and/or a Wolf Standard to the Grey Hunters unit. Combat Patrol games often come down to one key clash between troops units, and either of those could make all the difference.

I'd love to attend this type of tournament. Smaller points means less rushing through games, and just having a few units means the tactical focus on those units increases. Love me some Combat Patrol.

Edited by razcalking, 20 May 2011 - 01:27 AM.

chrisc86

chrisc86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
Yeah they just wanted to change things up a bit. Plus there are like 6 new players in the tourney and this gives them a chance to play. We are also starting up an escalation league with planetary empires campaign mixed in so....campscelation. It should be alot of fun. I agree with you on the ork mobs. I think I will have to play them safe and cast murderous hurricane on any hordes along with some careful backing away/shooting like crazy. Especially at this point value I think Murderous hurricane with BS 5 will be a serious hurt to most of the enemy infantry on the board. Not only is it keeping those boys at bay but also 1 out of 6 of them will die tripping on a rock. :lol:

chrisc86

chrisc86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts
Well I played the tourney this Saturday. The games were like this.

Game 1 vs. Eldar
Game 2 vs. Tyranids
Game 3 vs. Tyranids
Game 4 vs. Chaos

Needless to say I was very pleased fluffwise on who I went up against. All traitors and xenos YES!!!

The first game was against a newb who had two squads of fully decked out dire avengers and a guardian squad. I just shot them to death. He didnt keep the avengers in cover so my assault cannon just tore through there armor and I just moved 6 to max my shots and fired the storm bolter into him as well. He mostly just advanced to try to get into close combat <_< I moved 6 again next turn and let out my Long fangs in some ruins and by then my grey hunter were close enough to drop out and rapid fire into his other dire avenger squad. After the bolter fire and the murderous hurricane the second squad was dead. Anyway the kid didnt know what he was doing so doesnt matter.

The second game was a defender attacker type scenario and it was me versus Tyranids! I was defending this little bit of ruins in the middle of the table about 25 inches away from a swarm of tyranids on all sides. He had a squad of about 20 guants with there little S4 guns, a squad of about 12 genestealers, a squad of 5 warriors and a squad of about two of their psykers zoanthropes or something. Anyway the first game I just shot the heck out of the genestealers and the warriors wich were not screened at all. Then I shot the gaunts and the game was pretty much over by then.

The third game was the same guy but we switched roles wich was silly but we turned it into the same mission essentially because I just sat in this large building on the outskirts of the board and shot the piss out of him again. I felt bad for the guy because he screened this time but then I used murderous hurricane to slow his gaunts in the front so the rest of his army was slowed a little as well. It was a little better for him this time though. He got into combat with 3 of the warriors, but they lost.

Fourth game was me versus the other guy who was doing the best who was chaos marines. He was pretty good and his list was decently solid because it had so many bodies. He had 2 squads of ten chaos marines with missile lanchers and flamers, then one havoc squad of ten with missile launcher and heavy bolter and then one squad of 5 possesed in a rhino with a havoc launcher. Only thing I didnt agree with was no power fists or power weapons. This was an objective for the middle of the table. We both pretty much advanced shooting the piss out of each other until we got to the middle and there was an epic close combat were I lost the first round my one but then rolled a 9 barely passing my leadership because of the priceless rune priest and next turn won combat but then his possesed stayed there and it ended up a tie.

I had more wins then him so it was defeat for the foes of the emperor.

Edited by chrisc86, 27 May 2011 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users