Phoenix Knights - Expeditionary Force (1st & 2nd Cie)

One-eye

The paint is the usual level of delightful, but the combi-melta is rather disappointing.  It looks really crammed on there, with no extra details like you see on typical combis.  Although granted the DW bolter has a lot more detail already covering it, so it'd be hard to make room for a lil Melta-tank thingy. 

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

As usual you're right Firepower :) Actually I found that the bling of DW bolters would be sufficient to justify a combi-melta (by just adding a melta tip). After all, it's not as if the Sternguards' bolter cases were of a realistic size for 5 different types of ammunition... :p BTW, I prefer combis as small as possible, I hate the goofy combi-melta of the character sprue.

But that's personnal and once again, your POV is probably more defendable than mine.

But that's personnal and once again, your POV is probably more defendable than mine.

Of course it is, I'm inflatable. I mean infernal...infallible? That's it, I'm infallible...I could be wrong about that, though. I'm not sure.

With that out of the way, have you taken a look at the new combi weapons? They're much less silly. Only the slightest bit bigger than a standard bolter, really. They're far from the clumsy mishmashes of the old Commander sprue.

Yeah, I've seen that the new Sternguards combis are great and available in plenty of versions. But I'm 3000 km from the ability of purchasing that box :).

Anyway, I will certainly expand my sternies and DW to squads of ten, so I will have them in my hands one day.

Next are HF and crossbowlter, so no more "unrealistic" combi-meltas (isn't it ? :p)

• 3 weeks later...

Brother Enoch Macallan, veteran of the Storm Wardens joins his battle brothers in my DW kill-team (sternguards). I'm not happy with the photos, they killed the blendings on the armor and the light effect on the cigar... But anyway !

gallery_61390_8644_87089.jpg gallery_61390_8644_76670.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_54752.jpg

Still two to go to complete the squad

Gorgeous models. Two questions though,

Where is that excellent copper hosing from? And then, was the cigar just rolled greenstuff? 

Thanks! Like I said, the Deathwatch are great!

Many thanks L30n1d4s & Whitescar !

Gorgeous models. Two questions though,

Where is that excellent copper hosing from? And then, was the cigar just rolled greenstuff? 

Thanks! Like I said, the Deathwatch are great!

The first one is guitar string and, yes, it's just rolled greenstuff, pretty simple smile.png Thanks for the kind words.

@ SanguiniousReborn : Botusai is progressing well !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Brother Pheidias : Thanks smile.png As you've noticed it's not a grenade but a allmighty crossbowlter with melta bolt !

@ Anaziel : thanks for you everlasting support Bro

The last one of the team is done, veteran sergeant Kanon from the Executioners :

gallery_61390_8644_167554.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_124472.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_177357.jpg

The quality of the photo is subpar due to the flash (the axe is less flashy irl), but anyway I'm happy with the final result. I hope to make a groupshot in natural light soon and post it. smile.png

For the next ones I'm torn between finishing the tac squad (3 to go), the chappy or the DW librarian...

@ Brother Pheidias : Thanks smile.png As you've noticed it's not a grenade but a allmighty crossbowlter with melta bolt !

@ Anaziel : thanks for you everlasting support Bro

The last one of the team is done, veteran sergeant Kanon from the Executioners :

gallery_61390_8644_167554.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_124472.jpg

gallery_61390_8644_177357.jpg

The quality of the photo is subpar due to the flash (the axe is less flashy irl), but anyway I'm happy with the final result. I hope to make a groupshot in natural light soon and post it. smile.png

For the next ones I'm torn between finishing the tac squad (3 to go), the chappy or the DW librarian...

(squeals in glee) drool.gif

*Ahem* What I mean is, Kanon looks fantastic and dangerous as only a marine of the Executioners can. Any chance we could get a shot of him with his team One-eye, please? smile.png

P.S. I vote you do the Librarian next, moar Deathwatch goodness! msn-wink.gif

Thank you guys, I'll do the group shot soon.

For the librarian, due to the multiples links between the banner pole / backpack / head, I will have to paint him like he is, without removing parts to have an easy painting process. He'll be a nightmare ^^

I need to prepare myself for that challenge smile.png

Group shot at last smile.png

gallery_61390_8644_356377.jpg

Hope you like them

For the Phoenix Knights, I've got a lot of kits waiting : 2 Rhino, 1 drop pod, 1 Stormtalon, 1 StormRaven & 1 Land Raider ! Plus the 3 last tactical, 2 Libbys & 1 Chaplain...

I need to speed up a lot if I don't want to die before having finished.

Archived