Phoenix Knights - Expeditionary Force (1st & 2nd Cie)

One-eye

• 4 months later...

This might be the slowest thread ever !

Nevertheless, even if I go at a snail pace, at least it's in the same direction.

I managed to finish the 4th member of the Sternguard squad, a heavy flamer to burn the alien scum smile.png

Sorry the photos are darker than they should be...

gallery_61390_6100_52962.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_49788.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_20384.jpg

A group shot (one every year for the same squad ...)

gallery_61390_6100_293170.jpg

And at last, the future sarge of the SG (I might change the weapon)

gallery_61390_6100_6060.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys :) I hope I will be able to update it quickly.

@Papa Lazarou : from a yellow base, I blend, for the shadows, up to scorched brown. For the lights up to white yes, but just a few points here and there. I don't use wet blending, I don't manage to control it as I would like to.

This banner is amazing! The fact that you something on the back is great too.

Wow, it's been a long time, but holidays and a very busy calendar at work have taken their toll on my hobby time. I just managed to finish my third sternie ! Thanks all for the kind words ont the former 2, I hope this one will please you. The banner was a pain to achieve but I'm quite happy with the result. I wanted to keep the phoenix in fire tones, but then find a color for the sun was complicated. Again the teal has been my answer, even if it's not consensual.I'm sorry, the pictures aren't very good and the flash has a weird effect on blendings. I definitly have to buy a new camera...This veteran brother has received a special model of combi-melta, especially crafted within the holy forge of the chapter to let him handle the banner and continue fighting.gallery_61390_6100_7597.jpggallery_61390_6100_1163.jpggallery_61390_6100_28721.jpgAnd a group shot. The squas is (very) slowly taking shapegallery_61390_6100_30473.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you again for the kind words ! It keeps me motivated ! thumbsup.gif

and...

Tadaa, after some much time I've finished my sternies !

Let me introduce 5 veterans of the 1st compagny of the Phoenix Knights, handed to the command of the expeditionnary corps of lord-captain Oberon. They're under the command of brother-knight Celendhyll, equiped with the magma (power) sword, symbol of his rank among the chapter.

gallery_61390_6100_115534.jpg

Focus on the new sergeant, Celendhyll :

gallery_61390_6100_20704.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_16231.jpg

gallery_61390_6100_13298.jpg

That's what I'm doing for my sternguard, but I haven't got a peice to make the left arm look like he's holding it.

I didn't minion it earlyer, but that is an outstandingly vibrant looking color you've put on the models. And I love the magma sword, how did you do it.

I blended from black up to pure white (black - red - orange - yellow - white), and used the technique for lightning on PW, described in a lot of tutorials around the web. But the lightnings are mainly red where the sword is black, and yellow-white at the end.

The photos are blurry around the sword, I shall make some others confused.gif

Archived