Imperial Consuls

Andrew J

Some of you may have noticed that this used to be my DIY Desert Lions chapter. I have not changed the color scheme or fluff much but I realized that I had no Lion iconography and more Roman style stuff. So I decided to ditch the Desert Lions and came up with the Imperial Consuls instead which are going to be strictly roman themed.

Andrew J

So i did some work this morning on some stuff. I love the Roman look but am not a huge fan of the UM and wanted to do something different. So all my sergeants will have crests.

gallery_37440_6170_432271.jpg

Also i need some help with the chaplain crozius. I have this so far but feel like it needs somethign for the shaft. I was thinking about greenstuffing it out a bit and maybe doing some kind of texture.

gallery_37440_6170_632029.jpg

Here is what the chaplain looks like so far.

gallery_37440_6170_203880.jpg

Also started some work on a techmarine that i found in my bitz box from a long time ago. I have a regular set of legs but I dont know what to do to make them look more Techmarinie? I was thinking about making the folded armor look or the Heresy bolts on the bottom part. Any one got any other ideas?

gallery_37440_6170_522895.jpg

Also here is my color scheme for the Desert Lions.

gallery_37440_6170_52932.jpg

C&C welcome!

Thanks,

Andrew J

I really like the look of the chaplain so far, and the chrests are always nice :huh:

For the techmarine I'd suggest some layerd armour done with thin GS or something.

- Natanael

Looking forward to seeing more. :(

For the techmarine I'd suggest a Lamenter-style (the user, not the chapter) overlapping armour.

@Dirty Del: yeah i spent quite a few hours looking over Desert Eagle's thread. His stuff is definitely an inspiration.

@sniperhavens: Thanks! I like how my new one has turned out. I love chaplains and especially love the ability to make my own with the new BA plastic stuff. It makes it so much easier. I artistically took some ideas from around the B&C and especially this guy.

From the Warp Blog

@Kurgan: yeah i saw that on lexicanum where i found the name. It had a brief description about it and that is before my time in the hobby. I really dont know what a robot maniple looks like. Do you have any pics or ideas for it? I have made up some fluff for them, and got the basic color scheme from a pic i saw on the internet a long time ago.

I did not have any time to work on them today but i will have some time tomorrow and will post some new stuff soon.

Well after helping my buddy move yesterday and not being able to get anything done I sat down today and slapped some paint on the Chappy and my first combat squad. Also built a scout squad.

gallery_37440_6170_384994.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_110944.jpg

I used Charadon Granite on this guy and it ended up way too dark. i think i am going to have to go back and put down a lighter gray as this is just too dark.

gallery_37440_6170_181846.jpg

I used a lighter gray on the chest eagle on this guy and I think it looks better. What do you guys think?

gallery_37440_6170_692750.jpg

Just built these guys today. First time with the new plastic scouts. Anyone else have a terrible time putting the arms together for the bolters? They just did not want to fit. Eventually worked it out.

gallery_37440_6170_253197.jpg

This is spray Ivory white, with 2 coats of gryphonne sepia. I really love the new GW washes. They are just awesome. First time using the new ones. The old ones from 5-10 years ago were ok but these new ones go on so smooth and go right into the crevices.

Let me know what you guys think.

Hey guys,

It has been a little while but i got some work done over the weekend and I am almost finished with the Chappy and my first combat squad. Let me know what you guys think.

gallery_37440_6170_295316.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_381990.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_370487.jpg

And i just got these wonderful pieces of sculpting in the mail! They will be used on my upcoming terminators and sternguard as well as my chapter master in the future.

gallery_37440_6170_157524.jpg

C&C welcome!

And i just got these wonderful pieces of sculpting in the mail! They will be used on my upcoming terminators and sternguard as well as my chapter master in the future.

gallery_37440_6170_157524.jpg

C&C welcome!

I think you might find Scibor's shoulder pads are a tad big for power armoured troops, I'm afraid. But you might be able to get away with sticking them on termies. :)

Yeah I cut them off and i put them on a marine i was building and man are they huge! The heads work pretty well and I like how they look. I will probably reserve the shoulder pads for the termis. I might try to shave one of them down to see if they would work for regular PA marines.

Another question for everyone. I just put on the basing and was wavering between painting the bases a grey color or a brown color. I think the brown might blend in too much with the tan on the marines. Grey would work as more of an urban rubble theme.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Andrew J

I took some pics of my nearly finished chappy.

gallery_37440_6170_52946.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_228977.jpg

Also I added DA markings on the left knee to denote company. I like it but I think it might be too busy. Let me know what you guys think.

gallery_37440_6170_1822479.jpg

C&C appreciated.

For the bases, if you are worried it'll blend with the model itself might I suggest adding patches of flock? It'll break up the uniformity of the base and break the blend, with any luck. :rolleyes:

@Vulkan454: Thanks! The more I look at them the more I like them. Yeah the bases are still WIP. Trying to decide on color right now. Either brown or grey.

@onlyme: Thanks! I really like how he came out too. I am guessing you are talking about the Scibor bitz. I will take a pic with the normal PA marine soon but I dont have the termis yet.

@olisredan: were you thinking green flock or more of a desert yellow color? I have never really messed with flock but I could give it a try. I can pick some up soon.

So I got the Scibor sculpts and man are they huge. They dwarf regular marines though I think they will look good on terminators as they are large and bulky armor. I do like the sculpts though so I had a genius thought to make a mold out of one of them and I think it turned out pretty well.

gallery_37440_6170_447415.jpg

You can also see the size difference on a normal shoulder pad and the scibor one. This was a quick trial and I think I will go back and add them to my already built marines. Now the only question is should I paint it black or silver once it is done? Seeing as how black is the base color I will probably do both.

Thanks!

Got some more painting done and finished the bases and final painting on my combat squad and chaplain. I added some squad markings.

gallery_37440_6170_198122.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_547197.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_245057.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_56066.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_168489.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_115323.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_202314.jpg

gallery_37440_6170_198727.jpg

Also got my MkV Heresy armor in from forgeworld. Man do I like how they look. They are going to end up being my sternguard.

gallery_37440_6170_584986.jpg

Got some painting done on my assault squad.

gallery_37440_6170_103371.jpg

C&C Welcome

Very cool to hear how this is going, especially the Scribor parts and their fit, or not, on regular Marines.

I've been toying around with the idea for a chapter with a Lion motif and been writing a story based on, about, around them.

Chapter: The Emperors Pride

Based on: Space Wold codex

Theme Mechanised assualt: Razorbacks with "Kiths" of 6 marines.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread till I can start my own one.

Archived