Mini Diorama

Thankyou everyone for your comments, critisims and suggestions.

In regards to the torso and legs not matching, this guy is true scaled and in his naked, pre-GS stage. Once the GS is completed, shoulder pads and pouches and grenades and magazine-less bolter have been added they wont be so mis-matched. In regards to the arm, imagine a SM, run hagard from a protracted campain, leaping over a baricade, landing on and punching the guardsman all at once and continuing to vent frustration with excessive hits.

Cheers,

Jono

...the description was more towards the Marines state of mind (being frustrated and finally getting to dish out some OTT punishment) rather than the pre-action to the diorama.

Thanks guys and keep up the c&c,

Jono

Looking at it, I think you should add a 2ed or even 3rd guard on his back. One trying to hold that hand back (why it looks a bit wild). I would be sure to "battle damage" the other guards as well. Maybe one with broken legs, and or missing hand/arm. Again for what its worth...

• 2 weeks later...

PROGRESS !!!!!!!

.....well, just a little, bulk of the basic GS work, lots of finer details to do. The wild-swing arm will stay for now as I don't have a bent termi arm to try the pose with. I am still undecided upon a chapter, so keep the suggestions coming.

gallery_48988_6171_667464.jpg

gallery_48988_6171_923139.jpg

gallery_48988_6171_866135.jpg

gallery_48988_6171_286755.jpg

All C&C is welcome,

Cheers,

Jono

...ork arm?

Must be some dud camera angles, as both of the marine arms are cut down termi arms in some serious need of GS, but yes, once tidied and shoulder pads attached, they will look very marine-ish :D .

Cheers,

Jono

• 2 weeks later...

You could go for a Dorn Heresy World Eater, I don't think any other chapter/legion embodies close quarters combat then they do.

Sons of Orar would be my second suggestion.

EDIT: Model is looking very good. Might we have closeups on the poor sod getting bludgeoned?

Archived