Mini Diorama

First off, that is truly epic. As for he Chapter, the first thing I think of is World Eater. But maybe paint him up in the white/blue of the pre-heresy World Eaters and this is him going bat-s*** on an Imperial Army trooper during the Heresy.

SUGGESTION*: Put the guardsman's lower jaw in the marine's right hand**. He has finished punching, and is now tearing his foe to bits.

And Flesh Tearer.

*capitalisation used to make this read 'command' :)

**vampire counts skellies have some nifty open-mouthed skulls to provide a base with the necessary dentition.

Don't paint him red whatever you do.. I wanna see the blood on his fists show up really well..

More than his fist, I would imagine. But I agree... Being a Space Wolf player, that'd be my top choice (and the obvious one.. I mean, who else would get that pissed mid-battle?), but the armor/accessories are all wrong for it. Therefore, I'd voting on either Imperial Fists (b/c that caption idea is awesome) or Crimson Fists. I say Crimson Fists b/c I think it'd be poetic to see his raised hand all red, but the details are muddled b/c it's red from all the gore clinging to it, and running down his arm.

Great job, btw. I love the action in the pose.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, minor update,

gallery_48988_6171_1202944.jpg

so this is the current state of the base, but I'm not liking the mashed skull how it is, I'm thinking of finding an industrial type base with a small raised section to place his head on. This'll achieve two things, it will raise the head as it is too low atm, and secondly it'll allow me to model a better mashed head with more busted skull chunks.

Work also progress' on the marine, with only his arms and belt buckle to be GS'd.

gallery_48988_6171_1226703.jpg

gallery_48988_6171_385519.jpg

I'd like to thank everyone for their chapter suggestions, I've decided to go with a tactical Soul Drinker and have picked up a chapter badge shoulder pad from Chapter House Studios.

Cheers,

Jono

I like it. You should probably make the skull look more fleshy, as I doubt it rotted in the space of a few seconds.

That is definatly on the to-do list, as will be some eye balls, but I'll wait until position is finalised on a new base, as I will be reconnecting the jaw back to the rest of the face.

Cheers,

Jono

First off, that is truly epic. As for he Chapter, the first thing I think of is World Eater. But maybe paint him up in the white/blue of the pre-heresy World Eaters and this is him going bat-s*** on an Imperial Army trooper during the Heresy.

As a Blood Angel player I was all for my chapter until I saw this suggestion. This one is the best by far.

Hey guys another quick update, having recieved my Soul Drinkers shoulder pad from Chapter House Studios, i discovered it to not really suit the model, so I decided to go where I've never been before and do more than just gap-fill with GS.

So be warned my GS-fu is weak,

gallery_48988_6171_456895.jpg

So the Chalice still needs the gems, which I am quite uncertain about how to achieve, and the Tactical symbol needs a squad number.

Should I recess the number into the GS, or sculpt ontop of it? (I know the tactical symbol is setting now, but I'm gunna need a WHOLE bunch more for my other TS projects, so a resculpt is not outta the question.)

Cheers,

Jono

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for all your comments, work does progress, I'm searching for a suitable moulded base on ebay, so far I've bought two, and decided the first one didn't suit once I saw it in person, and the second one, the moulded detail took up too much space, I'll see if I can find it in a bigger diameter.

Cheers,

Jono

I realize you have decided on soul drinkers but could it be possible to do somehting else? For some reason I instantly thought of how the crimson fists have to earn their "crimson fist" so why not have one of them and his raised hand is all bloodied up insinuating he has earned it in blood? He could very well ahve wiped out many other guardsmen so it isn't unreasonable. Plus this seems very much a new guy who is untested int true combat letting loose with his newfound strength and durability in the power armor. Just my thoughts :)

LamenterMarine: I haven't painted anything seriously (just rushed for TT use, simple 3 colour stuff) for 10 years, my skills are way outta shape, but it is my intention to get to that level eventually.

Brother Excedis: I like the idea of a Crimson Fist literally earning his crimson fist, but I already have plans for another diorama featuring a Crimson Fist Chaplain bashing some ork scum.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived