IA: The Blades

Shinzaren

Because I dislike thread-jacking... :jaw:

Having read everything posted up so far, I am very impressed. The only criticism I have at the moment, being limited on time, is that is very long.

Said the author of Blades... ^_^

That's The Blades thank you :D Although I am not entirely sure what you mean... Is The Blades IA too( ;) ) long?

I think it's too wordy in some places, namely the Origins, the Purge and maybe the Homeworld section could be written out with the less expenses in word count.

• 1 year later...

Updated, though it appears my coding may have some issues. If anyone could assist me with getting my left and right sidebars back into position it would be appreciated! Otherwise, the whole thing has trimmed a little for wordiness. 

Thanks

I managed to fix my sidebars by copying the text into notepad, then deleting the whole lot from the article.

Once you retype the code to set up the sidebars again it seemed to work alright, and then you can just copy the main body of the text back in.

There's almost definitely an easier way to deal with stuff like that, but I'm an awkward dinosaur who cannot get the hang of new-fangled things. so that's the best I can do.laugh.png

Not sure if it's what Ace is suggesting, but I've found that if you write all of the coding out in the Word(or whatever) document and then paste it in with the BB Code switched off (top left button) it seems to work a lot better?

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

If the Chapter doesn't trust it's vehicles then might it not have a similar mistrust of complex weapons such as bolters? Would this mistrust lead to some sort of belief that ultimately everything finally comes down to a marine and his blade? I'm just a bit worried that if you're Chapter mistrusts machines that might fail then surely it would eventually come to mistrust all machines (vehicles, ships, weapons, sliding doors, coffee percolators and power armour, for instance?) If you are going to have fear of mechanical failure then you might need to explain why it only relates to one facet of their existence. In my opinion this is the big problem when you give them beliefs and attitudes in order to explain why you don't want them to have something a Chapter would normally have, such as a large number of vehicles). Just my own thoughts. I worry about this sort of thing all the time.

It's not so much that they believe the machine will fail, they just prefer to trust in strength of flesh. They prefer to earn their kills face-to-face, and they see vehicles as being too distant, too detached from the fight to be a real kill. The same applies to the Techmarines. They let their machines fight for them, instead of doing it themselves, face-to-face. It's not that they believe their machines could fail at any moment, they just vastly prefer to triumph on their own strength. They don't see their power armor or bolter as a machine, simply an extension of themselves. 

Archived