Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

• 2 weeks later...

Damn there's a lot of rugby on the telly, really gets in the way of painting ;) GO THE ABs'

I still couldn't get my new DWS finished (in part because of the rugby and in part due to 'ron' and his awesome DW making me reconcider how they will look ^_^ )

Anyway, to keep things fresh I managed to tidy up Venerable Brother Jakob and his ride. I hope he is photo worthy, he was a bit of a rush...

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6160/6213140659_10344bb5f9_b.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6166/6213655348_185b601ace_b.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6115/6213141013_e3e828ac9c_b.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6117/6213141181_19bd89e312_b.jpg

And with his Lucius ride;

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6052/6213656246_4e880cffbe_b.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6174/6213141539_3d98de708c_b.jpg

Anyway, I hope you like him, I'll probably get back into some 3rd Company this week, maybe another tactical squad?

stobz

Edit: Ahh crap, I need to tidy up his rear.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

OK, I'm home now and just got a huge inferiority complex!!!

This is astounding! Ok you need to work a bit on the back but look at that! The detail on the cloths! :blink: And the plasma... I like it so very much - especially when contrasting to white!

Not only you handle white but you are doing a drop pod at that!

If I really had to make a comment it'll be the left foot that seems a bit on the air when you look at it from the front. But who cares? This is awesome! The plain white surfaces of the drop pod next to the detailed dread makes the latter look real and alive!

Note to self: Get a drop pod for the Veteran Consecrators. In black.

Edited by Captain Semper

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I have one more ven dread and another pod for him at home but they'll be some months before they're more than just base coated, other things to do first :P .

Captain 'S'; My wife gives me an inferiority complex :ph34r: you have great successors and a Lucius Pod (or two) will look wicked with your Contemptor dreads. I can't wait to see that.

Brother 'I', they aren't 6mm :ph34r: Glad you like it.

BoR; I only rushed the 'spruce up', they took me ages a couple of years ago. I recently changed a lot of the trim (to gold to match my other DW) and other bling, as well as giving the whole thing a tidy up due to game damage.

I'm wondering about the eyes, in the pics they look weird, maybe they'll get changed too. CnC?

s

All looking pretty awesome sauce.

I'm wondering about the eyes, in the pics they look weird, maybe they'll get changed too. CnC?

On the Dread? I think they're OK – maybe each needs a very sharp (but small) white pinpoint highlight dot to really suggest the reflective quality of the lense material. Maybe ;). The freehand lettering and added DA iconography is top notch. Love the pose.

All looking pretty awesome sauce.

On the Dread? I think they're OK – maybe each needs a very sharp (but small) white pinpoint highlight dot to really suggest the reflective quality of the lense material. Maybe ;). The freehand lettering and added DA iconography is top notch. Love the pose.

I'm onto it tonight....Thanks for the constructive CnC, I love to improve.

Thanks again,

V, cheers mate.

Droma, my credit card is hurting too, from buying the whole set of MkIII dudes that I only used one set of arms and shoulders. Maybe I'll have to resculpt my Masters of the Chapter formation over time....(Damned Plastic Crack, maybe I should pawn my family :D )

Btw, blame Keith, his cool conversions started it ;)

Shabbz, you can get cream for an outbreak of Dreadnoughts ;) It's best to apply it when only the head is showing.

I've repainted the eyes and tidied up the back and other areas, I'm not going to change the pics though because the changes are minimal. I will however update a force pic once the force is done...

Dev squad #9 stripped, mold lines scraped, barrels drilled and ready to get spruced.....

s

Edit: Brainfart

Edited by Stobz

Btw, blame Keith, his cool conversions started it ;)

Haha, not my fault at all! :P Ramiel looks great, the MK 3 arms really make him stand out

Awesome looking dreadnought as well mate, freehand lettering is superb - I struggle to put basic text on a model with a pen...

Edited by keith

It so is you fault Keith :P you and Bevulf for his awesome PA DA and Ron and E_E and sooo many others that inspire.....

Reposing the arms was a bit painful, otherwise he'd be holding a bolter :P

Btw, I don't recomend using a pen for scripts etc, use a spotting brush and ink, it's heaps finer and once you get used to it easier than a pen.

Thantoes; thanks for the kind words, insert creepy voice "MYYYY PREETTTIEESSSSSSSS" :D

Edited by Stobz

• 3 weeks later...

Righto, I've been very distracted for the last couple of weeks with the RWC and school holiday visitors, good times in RL.

I have finally finished Vet Sgt Zadkiel and the 9th(Devestator) Squad of the 3rd Company.

I ran out of the oop paint I was using for my power weapons, I'm a bit of a dork starting such a huge project without checking I could get some more. As a result I've needed to redesign my PWs and after being inspired by Bryan Blairs cool Hammers I've decided to use the power sword from the cover of Purging of Kadillus as my personal muse. I'll update other finished squads pics in bits and pieces as I move forward, that way I will have a coherent force by the time I'm finished.

Enough waffles :) here is a pic:

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6113/6298234814_d5aca4ca7c_o.jpg

The observant will notice that I've also changed my Plasma weapons as well, same reason as PWs and to bring them into line with my dreads PCs.

Master Ramiel on page 4 is updated with a new sword for those interested.

The log continues, "Rolls over your neighbours dog...."

66 done, 41 to go, I hope you are enjoying the ride as much as I am.

Stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Power swords look good, as does the squad. What's up next on your painting schedule?

Thanks mate, I'm thinking about a WW Suppression Force, should lead into an upgrade of my RW with their spotter LS.

Either that or more of the same, Tac squad 5 needs some love......

s

Yeap, see them now!

Great stuff as ususal Stobz! The power weapons rock. I also like your vechicles AND the blue glow in the Plasma Cannon!

I say don't deviate! Do 5th Tactical Squad now that you are in a winning streak :devil: !

This whole thread reminds me, I have to show my Disciples some love soon...