Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Stobz, both your versions look great. I really like the weathered version better as well, but the black damage on white looks a little stark to me (although stark probably looks better across a table). Might I suggest taking a shot at a little bit of dark brown damage instead? Also, is your Terminator not brave enough to risk shots right between the legs? :)

Awesome job dude, but seriously, could you do a little work that doesn't involve OOP paints?

Hey guys, only been predominantly lurking these last couple of weeks but I'm sure loving the way the DA are getting some serious attention.

Here is a (rather poor) pic of my December PtR vow complete:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8067/8280785692_df9df25937_h.jpg

And I found time to scruff up their ride, so I guess I have decided to finally move forward with my DW, they have been on long term hold until I felt brave enough to make them interesting. Here 'tis:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359/8280786620_3c2e09de39_h.jpg

Enjoy, I'll be lurking even more now the holidays are nearly upon us but would love some proper CnC to ensure I improve for the next 3 Mech squads.

:D

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Only thing critique wise that even springs to mind is if the basing was meant to be a little flowing over the edge?

These are awesome Stobz!! I actually like the little bit of basing flowing over. Makes me think there is more, like there should be a display board for them. I want to see a display board for them now.... :tu:

Really tough to find anything to say other than well done......if you weren't such a nice guy I'd hate you! :lol: The writing on the parchments is great, I love the fact that you've done the driver/commander vision slits (something I now realise I forgot to do on my Rhinos/Razorbacks), and the red spot colour is excellent.

One suggestion - can't tell from the photos if you do it or not - if you apply some gloss varnish to the red of the purity seals, it gives them a more waxy look.

The damage on the LR is very nice, but you could add a bit more dirt/dust/mud to the lower parts of the hull and tracks for a bit of extra credit ;)

The above are only suggestions though - the models look great as they are!

The only negative criticism I have is that the Terminators are spoiling the view of the Raider.....could you do a separate photo of the Land Raider please :D

surrender your white recipe or be destroyed :) seriously though, you really need to practice........you'll get there! ^_^

In all seriousness, you are one of those rediculously amazing painters that I have always respected. you have continued to inspire me since I Found B&C. well done!

I wasn't kidding about the white recipe :)

Thanks Brothers

FP: post #600 will show you the way ^_^

On the bases, these guys were put together years ago and I will make better ones for future projects, they are also the same minis as on page 3, I just used them to practice the weathering. I may add some powders too, we'll see.

s

Edited by Stobz

they are also the same minis as on page 3, I just used them to practice the weathering.

Ah ha! It is a nice comparison shot to see them with and without the weathering. It does help give that battle-hardened, grim dark, only war kind of feel. Maybe I will revisit mine someday.

Stobz, you are truly a master with the brush! This is awesome stuff, the weathering is excellently done - not too much, just enough to show they had some action... It also implies that the enemy could only scratch the paint of the armour! Such is the fate of those that mess with the Deathwing! ;)

Thanks guys, no more painting for me until the new year.

Loads of visitors from over the seas and over the country coming for a great big family shumoozle.

Thanks for your collective inspiration throughout 2012 and I hope we all make it past Friday 21/12/12, or we are all DOOOOOMED.

Peas out.

stobz

Edit: clarity.

Edited by Stobz

• 5 weeks later...

Hi-dee-ho campers; it's been a month now but like many I was waiting to see what the new dex would bring.

I was kind of hoping that Termie Libbies could take storm shields, turns out there are other types of force field they can take if needed. As they are not required to be modelled I present the first Character of January's PtR vow:

Brother Epistolary Asphodel

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8082/8388199523_e82273cb19_c.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8353/8388200249_e98d6f85ac_c.jpg

Diddledee...potato.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz