Stobz'z Legends.... Hello Darkness, my old friend...

Go to solution Solved by Interrogator Stobz,

Modelling flames is actually pretty easy Stobz: I suggest you simply play around with a bit of putty and you'll see that learning a bit of layering (thin films that superpose) and so its real fun.

Did that for a quickie libby I did like 2 years ago (holding a ball of fire) and its stupid easy, honest.

I'd say I'd post a pic...but I oew this thread more pics than I can remember :P

Oh yeah, BTW, not so bad models ;)

PS. I also have a FW Chaplain Dread...cough cough

• 1 month later...

ETL '13 starting point, thank goodness (or Semper) for painting events. I'd been a lazy little servitor until now.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7282/8739917705_eb56d256a9.jpg

I hope he looks better once I finish him, he looks all kinds of shiny rubbish at the moment; and as stated in the ETL thread he will be armed with a MM instead of the PC.

It's in the mail FW assure me.

Back on the log...

:D

stobz

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

Sorry about the Pic quality; I have yet to master a replacement camera due to my old one dying after a wicked sand surfing experience :devil:

Here is proof of FW being great at postage (and proof of starting point pic), MM delivered to my home yesterday, Yippee!!!

WIP2: A little closer....

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5322/8784402441_a30be00ccf_z.jpg

I still have no idea what he will be standing on, rubble or maybe an Iron Warrior?

Also, I will probably arm him with the PC after the ETL; it just fills my plasma fetish moar betterer.

Log, log, log...

stobz

He should stand on a necron. Why? Because we don't brofist them like the BA do. We pound them to the ground...

But I guess a CSM is more appropriate.. I humbly suggest a Night lord since our rivalry with them is a big one harking from the HH days... 

Cheers GF...grumbles about trying to remember the random steps and names of paints at work  :wink:

Basecoat foundation tan?

Brown ink in recesses

Agrax wash, very heavy whole thing

Codex Grey layer, very watery all but recesses

Chestnut Wash, very watery over Codex areas

Fortress Grey, very watery broard areas of highlights

White with Turquois (1%) mixed for final HL edges.

I may go back and add a little more shading and depth near the recessed areas once he's done to keep the visual balance right if needed.

That is all.

s

Edited by Stobz

Whew, just after I typed that list my interweb connection went haywire, damned Dark Eldar throwing grenades near the servers again.

Glad you got it, and cheers for the props GI. A little pre-emptive but I'll take it :P (Further back there are a couple of other Dreads too, if you're into that kind of thing)

Edited by Stobz

On a more serious note though, you've inspired me to get into gear. I have three boxes of Deathwing Knight's and 2 units of tactical's waiting for assembly and paint. 

Guess what I'll be starting this afternoon!

Thank you for posting all of the pictures, they are a pleasure to view and a strong motivational presence.

Chaplain dreadnought is looking really nice, if I remember rightly that's the chaos close combat weapon which actually looks really great with the dread. The older armour designs seem to have arrows all over them like Sammaels bike.

Cant wait to see it finished, Great stuff

DR

• 2 weeks later...

ETL WIP3

Base complete; took a while but I think it's ok now.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/9030529301_8a463261b2_z.jpg

Dilemma, should I add the DA Icon behind the halo? It's not painted and only Blu-tac'd on so far.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7393/9030364401_d2d51b2548.jpg

Only a couple more days...

Log, log, log.

stobz

EDIT: Really not liking my new camera,  really weird settings and difficult to get things looking like RL (too much 'noise' ) :ermm: