Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Summer's Advance 2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
325 replies to this topic

Wulfebane

Wulfebane

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,335 posts

So I left my Army case in the trunk (boot) or my friends car the other day. Yeah, I know "Nice job Kyle". After leaving several messages on his phone he finally got back to me today with the reply "I'm in Las Vegas with the wife, be back next Thursday". Damn, it's a good thing I have four of the WG Termi's and Arjac on the table already!!

Lord Ragnarok: Love the deep blue color. I too am using a similar shade, it really makes the reds and yellows pop out. Looking good so far!!

End of Line

Uhh, not sure where you are, but if Las Vegas temps are anywhere near what they are here in AZ, you're gunna get back a case of melted plastic if your friend leaves it in the car.

My finished pieces & WiPs so far.
ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_02.jpg Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif   18.jpg
gallery_17224_3229_261.gif gallery_17224_3068_410.gif gallery_17224_3068_874.png

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

So I left my Army case in the trunk (boot) or my friends car the other day. Yeah, I know "Nice job Kyle". After leaving several messages on his phone he finally got back to me today with the reply "I'm in Las Vegas with the wife, be back next Thursday". Damn, it's a good thing I have four of the WG Termi's and Arjac on the table already!!

Lord Ragnarok: Love the deep blue color. I too am using a similar shade, it really makes the reds and yellows pop out. Looking good so far!!

End of Line

Uhh, not sure where you are, but if Las Vegas temps are anywhere near what they are here in AZ, you're gunna get back a case of melted plastic if your friend leaves it in the car.

at least he will have nurglings or deformed possessed marines all melted and stuff :cuss I'm kidding! I hope that they'll be okay

gallery_24878_5332_22902.jpg gallery_24878_5332_12892.jpg
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts
OK, I'll bite. I will complete my Wolf Lord, Wolf Priest, Rune Priest and Lone Wolf in TDA by August 1.
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

Sven Dragonfire

Sven Dragonfire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts
This is certainly interesting, great idea Maverik, I def wanna be a part of this..... lets think, what have i got waiting on the work bench. 7 long fangs, 10 Swift claws, 10 blood claws, 10 Grey Hunters, Vindicator, Landraider, Predator, Rhino,.... ok too too much! under promise and over deliver, ...
So, i Sven bloody dragonfire vow to paint 3 long fangs with Lascannons, 4 Long fangs with Heavy bolters and a Pack leader ( odd number as they will be used with existing long fangs) .

Maximus-92

Maximus-92

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
I have some WIP photos of my ragnar conversion, figured i'd get started early!

Posted Image

Posted Image

still lots to do!
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=209873
My week by week progress on my space wolves.

Pall Ironbear

Pall Ironbear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 159 posts
Seeing as my whole company is sitting in basecoat at the moment, this is just the motorvation I needed. So.....

I Pall Ironbear, stand before the Rout, Russ and the Allfather to make this oath. By August first, there will be a completed GH pack, Iron Priest, and WGBL.

Never will I swing by the dangly bits in front of Morkai's jaws as an oathbreaker.
A Wolf's Fellblade WIP

The "Airwolf" Storm Talon WIP

*WIP threads might get finished....eventually.

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,754 posts
Gee, thanks for the reassuring words brothers... :)
I hope they come back to me in their intended shapes for certain!!

End of Line
Nightfall
Quietly it crept in and changed us all

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

End of Line

Thanks! It is an ill attempt at littlbitz's recipe :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Orphus

Orphus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 457 posts
Am trying to get images up but Flickr is pissing me off right now. :angry:
So i guess i'll just give the link to my Flickr so anyone can look at my vows if they want (Flickr noob --><-- right here!)
http://www.flickr.co...s/64076859@N02/ Censoring myself Like A Boss XD

Yes i know it's a bad paint job but when your brush looks like a 20yo mop that's the best i can do.

:EDIT: And i know the pics are of a horrible quality but i don't really like the camera, or the light in my house, or the cold...and my wolves look waaaay too light blue there :(

Edited by Orphus, 15 June 2011 - 01:54 AM.

Night Five: Inglorious Brawler, Season One.
Therefore the youngest of them all stood up,
And with a voice like amber wine she spoke:                
"Great sir, now all is clear and seeming well,
Yet still there is but one remaining problem;
My children, sir, they as of yet unborn,    
Shall never hear your words so pure and grand."
"You see" the great one spoke aloud,                      
"it is your humble kin for whom I write this book.      
It is the law, our honor bound in hide."
-The Remembrance; 156:4:24-32.

HvitrValdyr

HvitrValdyr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 341 posts
So the models I will be painting can be found here:
http://www.bolterand...p;#entry2754183
gallery_48988_6285_4875.png48883368726_f5c6f646e5_t.jpg
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"
-Benjamin Franklin

Truescale Wolves WIP
http://www.bolterand...e-space-wolves/

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Alright everyone, lets give a special thanks to Max_Dammit for making this new wolf themed trophy. Behold the mark of honor that could be yours once you complete your painting vow! Posted Image

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Azn_MaveriK. Night Four: Inglorious Brawler, Season One. Night Three: Inglorious Brawler, Season Two.

Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts
Good idea MaveriK,

Its on old one but its the only thing that makes me pull my finger out of my arse and paint.

I will complete 1 RB with TLHB and a Drop pod.

Love the little WTN, thanks Max.

Can't wait to hang it with my others. :D

Edited by Dewi Sant, 15 June 2011 - 08:54 AM.

gallery_17224_3068_31676.jpg

gallery_17224_3229_616.gifgallery_17224_3229_326.gifgallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gif

Space Marines are inherently tough, but the Space Wolves are particularly dangerous. They are ruthless. They are savage.

They are brutal. It begs the question why would the Emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist?
That would be to take down another legion.

Dan Abnett 2009

Tsuro

Tsuro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts

Alright everyone, lets give a special thanks to Max_Dammit for making this new wolf themed trophy. Behold the mark of honor that could be yours once you complete your painting vow! Posted Image

It's so beautiful.... it will be mine!

I pledge to get a WGBL done, probably in the same style as the WL I did last time.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

Gee, thanks for the reassuring words brothers... :huh:

End of Line

I kid wolf brother! but I honestly hope you mini's are alright. We all have been through something similar with our own army, in one time or another. So I can relate! :P

Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 368 posts

Gee, thanks for the reassuring words brothers... :)

End of Line

I kid wolf brother! but I honestly hope you mini's are alright. We all have been through something similar with our own army, in one time or another. So I can relate! :D

I concur. Left my clear plastic bits box on the table out side for five mins in the bright Aussie sun while I was getting the rest of my stuff out of the car.
Lets just say the Land Speeder, Ven Dread and Atk bike that were clipped from there sprue and all the other bits weren't that shape that they were supposed to be. :)

However I how have some nice terrain with various wrecked Vehs to battle over.

gallery_17224_3068_31676.jpg

gallery_17224_3229_616.gifgallery_17224_3229_326.gifgallery_17224_3229_261.gifgallery_17224_3068_410.gif

Space Marines are inherently tough, but the Space Wolves are particularly dangerous. They are ruthless. They are savage.

They are brutal. It begs the question why would the Emperor permit something quite so dangerous and untamed to exist?
That would be to take down another legion.

Dan Abnett 2009

Mac the knife

Mac the knife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
I, Mac the Knife, vow to complete my second Long Fang pack of 6. Fully intend to magnetize 2 so as to accept Plasma cannon, ML, and Lascannon by 30JUL2011.

Edit: Do we post our vow PIP and completed in this thread or create our own threads?

Edited by Mac the knife, 15 June 2011 - 12:44 PM.

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

Rune_Priest_Rhapsody

++ EXACTOR INFANS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,754 posts
They're all all right!! Let the painting begin!!

I guess his car spent most of the time their inside a covered hotel garage... *phew*

Thank you for the Wolf Tooth Necklace Max, I knew you'd do us proud.

End of Line
Nightfall
Quietly it crept in and changed us all

Arez

Arez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,686 posts

now i have to start painting.

except i'll post my finished piece in my company thread as i already have a request to show my finished pieces

Visit my about page for trophies

QUOTE (Brother Ramses @ Sep 20 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of our companies has spent more time in the field then your second founding skirt wearers. Yea, I said skirt! DA wear the dresses, BT are just a trashier, sluttier version of the DA with high cut skirts.
QUOTE (Wolf Lord Kieran @ May 9 2012, 12:11 AM<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only a Marine who's primarch is being held by Jawa rejects would remark on the rumors of traitors and mortals.. 

...Arez, thats one of those jokes that i laughed and winced at the same time.

Arez is like a case of space herpes in remission; gone but never forgotten.

techmarine Azuris

techmarine Azuris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
I'll bite with my drop pod ^_^ (well one of 5 atm)

Eikrem

Eikrem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 142 posts
I always enjoy joining in painting vows on here, so Ill through in 14 Blood Claws to be painted.

Max_Dammit

Max_Dammit

++ EXCURSOR INDOMITUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,388 posts
Where's my vow in the first post :evil:
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lord Ragnarok

Lord Ragnarok

++ DIMICATIO FORMIDOLOSA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 8,923 posts

Where's my vow in the first post ;)

Mav, must have no faith. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image
"This is not the first time you've been left to fate. I can see it in your manner. It takes something from you doesn't it? Being deserted hollows you out and leaves a void inside. People might say that it hurts, that the psyche aches from the wound. It's not true though. Abandonment does not leave pain. You wished it did because that would be better than the truth. It leaves nothing. Not hope, not pain, not forgiveness."

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,110 posts
Oooooh! A Wolf Tooth Necklace! One of my favourite wargear options! Pulling out the brushes and paint now after seeing that! :huh:

Thanks Mav and Max for this!

Edited by Kassill, 15 June 2011 - 06:55 PM.

Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts

Where's my vow in the first post :huh:

Fantastic 4 fan? LOL my bad!.....

I might have a fetish handy
Ill put in the metal wolfguard with lighning claws

I figured it was just drunken talk ^_^

Edited by MaveriK, 15 June 2011 - 07:03 PM.

MaveriK

MaveriK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,045 posts
Posted Image
It's not much right now... but this is my Logan Grimnar custom

Edit: Do we post our vow PIP and completed in this thread or create our own threads?

you can post it here or link your URL vow from your own thread